MLS

Kaizero

Forge FC are Champions of Canada for the 2nd year in a row.

They will now play Toronto FC in the Canadian FA Cup final as a result.

Ironically the game that had the most distribution turned out to be one of the worst games of the tournament. Forge deserved winners and wonderfully hateful for everyone else . Ha!

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Montreal Impact are dropping the ‘Impact’ part of their name.

Rumours are that Vancouver Whitecaps may do similar.

In the CPL York 9 recently rebranded to York United.

It seems as though the American way of naming sporting teams isn’t working for their football (soccer) teams.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

The CONCACAF Champions League is changing in 2023. Now 20 teams from the USA, Mexico, and Canada will qualify. 3 teams from Canada will qualify each year, 2 being from the CPL (first time they have received direct berths to the Champions League), the other coming from their version of the FA Cup. The Canadian qualifications though will enter with a years delay though, as the seasons don’t line up quite right.

On top of this if a Canadian team wins the MLS, then they are entitled to the USA’s berth, so in theory you could have 4 Canadian teams in the Champions League.

• 3 weeks later...

Alexandre Pato, who I forgot even still played football, signs for Orlando.

I love that I get to see players like Kaka, Nani and now Pato live. It’s quite fun to see them on song.

• 5 months later...
  • 1 year later...
On 03/12/2020 at 00:44, thomas said:

mls.mp4

watch all 6 and a half minutes :lol:

that’s mad - like as if none of the daft shites have ever played the game before. Especially the Howard Webb lookalike 

7 hours ago, OCOCOL said:

that’s mad - like as if none of the daft shites have ever played the game before. Especially the Howard Webb lookalike 

Yep - I’m actually kind of happy seeing a keeper punished for jumping forward before the penalty.

Who doesn’t know that there’s no subs during a shootout?  The game has ended.  Unreal :)