MLS

Kaizero

Just back from the Sounders match. Timbers fans were pretty good, didn't stop singing. Still suck, mind.

Joseph was gash. When Rosales came on we looked like a different team. Dempsey had an ok game, nothing worth noting. Still looks like he's trying to get match fit. Good feet, though.

:thup:

Joseph and Alonso are too similar to work effectively together in a 2-man midfield, imo.

I don't mind that so much. We obviously set up to stifle the Portland midfield. We played Alonso, Joseph, and Evans - all defensive players - with just Neagle who is any good going forward. It made sense. My biggest issue is that Joseph can't pass a ball 10 yards. He did well winning the ball but it was ultimately pointless because he'd give it straight back.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm so bored I'm watching Seattle v. Chicago on a Saturday night.

They have a problem with playing matches on really off-nights.  No one is going to stay in on a Saturday night to watch a soccer match.

Wait, I just heard Obafemi Martins. Suddenly interested.

I was at this one. Second half sucked but we're still grinding out wins with our best players missing.

If Dempsey and Johnson start firing when they come back this may well be our year.

http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m298/europawpw/IMG_20130907_224527.jpg

Boom.

Orlando wins the USL Championship in front of a record crowd.  Our last record was 11,500ish, tonight the attendance was 20,886.  If that doesn't get us into MLS, nothing will.

:thup: Great to see such passion. If it were up to me, Orlando would be in MLS next season.

How good is Dwyer? Just steamrolled through the USL this season.

Wish the the league would just give Orlando a team now, we all know it has to happen.

I'm so bored I'm watching Seattle v. Chicago on a Saturday night.

They have a problem with playing matches on really off-nights.  No one is going to stay in on a Saturday night to watch a soccer match.

This is a real problem. They either need to space out games throughout the weeks, or play more during the day. Even in the summer when there's only baseball to compete with on weekends they play maybe one day game a weekend, the rest get pushed to night, makes no sense at all.

Soony Saad scored again last night, less pissed at this one because it was a shot I could've never hit. Hope he keeps it up.

I really like him. Selfish of me to want him to have remained eligible for the U.S., but happy to see him playing for Lebanon now.

You've played against him, right?

Yeah, I think he's still leaving the US option open, just wanted to play international football and not cap tied with just a friendly. He should hold off on any other call up for a few years at least, haven't actually spoke to him since last winter though, but there's a few people I know who are friends with him.

Orlando City soccer's announced crowd of 20,886 for Saturday night's USL Pro championship game was more than just a record for the franchise and the league.

Orlando City [...] Lions' Citrus Bowl crowd was larger than those at seven of the eight MLS games played over the weekend.

Only the Seattle Sounders vs. Chicago Fire game in Seattle, with an announced crowd of 38,503, drew more fans than Orlando City did in their 7-4 win over Charlotte on Saturday night.

:clap:

7-4? f*** off yanks, you aren't allowed these scores in this sport.

So is the expansion to Orlando looking good then? Ridiculous that the MLS hasn't put a team in Florida after Miami/Tampa folded.

Well, they've done so for good reason. South Florida at least is where professional sports go to die. And Tampa ran into financial/stadium difficulties while they were around. But yeah, it's time to stop punishing the rest of the state. Orlando clearly has the infrastructure and support to host an MLS franchise.