MLS

Kaizero

Orlando is nice, the Keys are nice, the Gulf Coast is nice (in spots), the Everglades are one-of-a-kind.

Miami is an absolute shithole.

:pilko:

Miami (well, South Beach) is awesome. In small doses.

I would rather vacation locked-in one of those resorts in Jamaica than spend a week free in Miami.

Would a 35 year old Klose be good for MLS?

http://www.mlssoccer.com/news/article/2013/09/11/rumor-central-germany-striker-miroslav-klose-says-he-has-received-two-very-g?utm_source=Twitter&utm_medium=referral&utm_content=News&utm_campaign=Unpaid

Rumor Central: Germany striker Miroslav Klose says he has received two very good offers from MLS clubs

Could Germany's all-time leading scorer be heading to MLS?

Miroslav Klose himself broaches the topic in an interview with German publication Sport Bild as he nears the end of his contract with Italian Serie A side Lazio next summer, when he is expected to lead Germany's attack at the 2014 FIFA World Cup in Brazil.

"As a matter of fact, I already had two very good offers from the US," Klose said. "That is, in any case, an option. But my contract at Lazio runs for another year and who knows how it will continue. But I don't want to rule out anything right now."

Even at the age of 35, Klose seemingly has options in addition to MLS. Lazio are interested in retaining the striker and Klose says German side Kaiserslautern, where he started his career, are still close to his heart.

First things first, however. In addition to his Serie A duty with Lazio, he is also one goal shy from breaking Gerd Müller's record with the German national team. Then there's that World Cup in Brazil, where he is eager to win the big one.

"That is not only a nice goal, but is my main goal," Klose said in the Sport Bild interview. "With [Germany], I want to win the World Cup in Brazil; that is my top priority."

I had a great time in Miami a couple of years back. Great food, had phenomenal nights out, genuinely don't know what's not to like. Don't know if I would want to live there but, a bit like Vegas, for a week or so it is fantastic.

Orlando is OK if you like amusement parks and strip malls and highways. Spent a fair bit of time there and apart from roller coasters, which I love, there weren't a lot of highlights.

Orlando is OK if you like amusement parks and strip malls and highways. Spent a fair bit of time there and apart from roller coasters, which I love, there weren't a lot of highlights.

If there is a next time, get in contact with me and I'll point you in the right direction. :thup:

Full time, 2-0. Top of the league, bitches.

Incredible turnaround. You were out of the playoffs only a few weeks ago right?

Also I hate the new expansion plans. Give Orlando a team because they deserve it and proved they can support one. Atlanta and Miami have a hard time supporting their teams in the 'popular' sports, so would the MLS be any different?

Just needs To go to cities who can sustain and support the team and where the sport is popular and can flourish.  Miami has piss poor following for sport bar The  Heat and Atlanta has far too many sports teams for that sort of thing.

St. Louis is supposed to be a good 'soccer' city but I haven't heard anything about them. It would be a shame to waste these last expansion spots on many risky southern teams and a 2nd NY team. It seems like too much expansion to begin with, the quality is only just starting to improve. Maybe they've gotten overconfident with the success of the recent expansion.

Teams in Miami and Atlanta are just asking for trouble. Not good sports towns. And, sorry, but Orlando isn't much better.

http://articles.orlandosentinel.com/2013-09-03/business/os-soccer-stadium-attendance-20130903_1_orlando-city-soccer-club-brett-lashbrook-usl-pro-championship

I know this is standard practice, but it's a big deal when you're trying to get an MLS team on the basis of local support.

Teams in Miami and Atlanta are just asking for trouble. Not good sports towns. And, sorry, but Orlando isn't much better.

http://articles.orlandosentinel.com/2013-09-03/business/os-soccer-stadium-attendance-20130903_1_orlando-city-soccer-club-brett-lashbrook-usl-pro-championship

I know this is standard practice, but it's a big deal when you're trying to get an MLS team on the basis of local support.

That guy has been trying very hard to sway public opinion against having the team here, along with many others at The Sentinel.