New Number 9?

Guest SuperShola!

Guest sicko2ndbest

I've got a feelin we will get 2 strikers. Erding and a marquee (benzemae/Gomez) ;)

I base that on nothing

Until a class striker comes in who can score 20+ goals a season then they should just retire it.

That would be absolutely horrific and cringe worthy.

Guest Recoba

Totally against retiring numbers. Squad numbers are a modern USA inspired thing to sell gear.

Should 9 have been retired after Gallagher? Milburn? Macdonald? Cole? Ferdinand? Shearer?

If not why the hell after Andy Carroll, a player inferior to any of the above.

How can kids dream of wearing number 9 if its retired?

Leave retiring numbers to vain twats like Burlusconi.

Yep. I reckon the next main striker we sign should get it. Hardly a vote of confidence if we sign the next one and say, "oh we don't think you're good enough for the number 9" is it? :lol:

Was different in the Championship doing that to Leon Best and co.

Liked that about Martins, we didn't get caught up with keeping it vacant. He wanted it so we just gave it to him.

Should do the same again. Next player who comes in and wants it should get it. If Best wants a change even, would be happy for him to get it.

Signing Sturridge would kind of make me think this whole transfer window had been a dream.

I couldn't see us going for him because it seemed we were ignoring all domestic targets, but Ba, Taylor and N'Zogbia interest suggest otherwise...

If Chelsea do sign a striker, then maybe.. just maybe..

Signing Sturridge would kind of make me think this whole transfer window had been a dream.

I couldn't see us going for him because it seemed we were ignoring all domestic targets, but Ba, Taylor and N'Zogbia interest suggest otherwise...

but eventually we gonna need some english players also, with the homegrown rule and all.. Why not start with Sturridge.. :)

He would certainly do well here with the through balls from the new Frenchies.

I think Chelsea would be stupid to let him go, but like you say they might prefer to spend a fortune on someone from abroad. And he's had a good taste of first-team football now.

Still unlikely, but I would love it.

Having snapped up a few cheapos/freebies in a few positions we needed strengthening, I see no reason why we can't test the water with a £15m-£20m bid for Sturridge.

Would love to see it, he'd be a Marquee signing, but there's not a chance in hell of us paying that on one player. I reckon £10 millionish would be our limit personally.

Having snapped up a few cheapos/freebies in a few positions we needed strengthening, I see no reason why we can't test the water with a £15m-£20m bid for Sturridge.

Would love to see it, he'd be a Marquee signing, but there's not a chance in hell of us paying that on one player. I reckon £10 millionish would be our limit personally.

Unfortunately I agree but I don't agree with that, if you see what I mean. :lol:

Aye we will not be bidding north of 10m for a player, sadly. Although, on the whole i don't mind us looking for bargains.

I'd love Sturridge but i feel we will be scraping the far depths of Russia before investing in a young (expensive) english player.