Season Tickets

Guest BooBoo

From facebook

United For Newcastle regretfully note today that Newcastle United Football Club have begun notifying season ticket holders from Level 7 that they will not be allowed to relocate the club-introduced ‘singing section’ into Level 4 of the Leazes’ End. The area – we are told – will be the preserve of big party bookings, such as football clubs. As a result, we will support and assist fans that wish to find alternative space, potentially in the South East Corner where many ‘singing section’ fans are attempting to find new seating.

United For Newcastle wish to voice their displeasure at this decision, and note that the move has angered a great many fans. We are all frustrated by the increasing corporatist mentality of Newcastle United, their contempt for the fans, and for the players.

This move follows months of communication between United for Newcastle and Newcastle United during which the club made it clear that they took the concerns of Level 7 seriously, and would actively seek to find a satisfactory resolution.

United For Newcastle accepts that the club has extended the away section to comply with Premier League regulations, and welcome the extension of the family area.

However, United For Newcastle believe the club’s treatment of the fans from Level 7 and of representative fan organizations such as ourselves to have been shambolic. We believe the club has ignored pleas from fans to listen to our concerns and act on them. We believe that the club, who never had any intention of adequately replacing the singing section, has intentionally misled fans once again.

In our meetings with the club, we were told they would offer alternatives to Level 7 by the end of the season. No such alternatives have been offered, and fans attempting to move with friends and rebuild the atmosphere so vital to our stadium have had their attempts thwarted without alternative suggestion, simply because such a move fails to comply with the club’s long-term seating strategy; one that completely disregards the loyalty of the club’s most passionately vocal supporters.

The news comes after reports that Newcastle United would not be offering key player Joey Barton a new contract, after a season of fantastic performances. We are concerned that Newcastle United’s long-term business approach cares for nothing but profit margins and penny pinching, as evidenced by the sale of Andy Carroll without replacement, the apparent refusal to offer Joey Barton a new contract and by the shameless disregard for fans paying hard-earned money to watch the team they support.

Rest assured, United For Newcastle will remain pro-active and continue informing fans of developments, and if possible find a workable solution, but we must all be aware that we now appear to be facing a business whose machinations will continue regardless, and not the football club we all adore.

United For Newcastle

It depends what they mean by them "not being allowed to move".

If they mean no season tickets at all will be sold there, then that seems strange. Surely they can't fill that whole section with parties.

If they mean that anyone who was in L7 will be explicitly banned from buying their new ticket in L4, that's just madness.

I don't think the second last paragraph should have been added like, until we know about what's actually going on there.

Simply refers to the 'reports' and our concern at them.

At worst it'll prompt the club to respond and clarify.

Hey, it's your press release :dontknow: I know you says 'reports', but I just feel you're talking as if it's confirmed.

Should have kept it purely on the Season Ticket thing IMO.

Guest WashyGeordie

Ours seats have been confirmed in the Leazes End Upper (row Y).

Just need to sort out or direct debit or something.

Looks like Ashley's plan to dismantle level 7 and spread the singers about is right.

I don't think the second last paragraph should have been added like, until we know about what's actually going on there.

Simply refers to the 'reports' and our concern at them.

At worst it'll prompt the club to respond and clarify.

Not really, at worst it will make you seem even more anti-NUFC and make them even more reluctant to take you seriously.

Personally I would just avoid attacks on the club like that, but fair play for doing something.

Guest Roger Kint

spread the singers about is right.

Aye the rest of SJP fans are shite and dont make a bit of noise like.

Guest WashyGeordie

spread the singers about is right.

Aye the rest of SJP fans are s**** and dont make a bit of noise like.

:)

In my experience most of the rest of SJP actually is quiet. I feel almost embarrassed to sing when I sit anywhere else.

The Gallowgate and the East Corner are alright. Lower SJH and Milburn are terrible.

Guest BooBoo

Im sympathetic but I think the writing has been on the wall since whichever knobheads decided it good idea to parade that frankly disgraceful "Ashley Fat Cockney Rapist" banner. That will have gone down very badly and action is no surprise.

Plus as a few others have said, persistent standing is rife in that corner and I'm fairly sure the club will be legally obliged to take action in the name of health and safety if fans persistently refuse to sit down.

On the subject of standing, I've sat in the L7 corner for the past few season and always sat because everyone around me does. I prefer to stand personally but couldn't give a fuck if I'm expected to sit, I can still sing.

Im sympathetic but I think the writing has been on the wall since whichever knobheads decided it good idea to parade that frankly disgraceful "Ashley Fat Cockney Rapist" banner. That will have gone down very badly and action is no surprise.

Plus as a few others have said, persistent standing is rife in that corner and I'm fairly sure the club will be legally obliged to take action in the name of health and safety if fans persistently refuse to sit down.

Why didn't they just say that then?

Surely they have in the season ticket t&c's ?

I think he means why didn't they cite that as a reason for scrapping the singing section.

This is no way to enforce such terms, though ...

I think he means why didn't they cite that as a reason for scrapping the singing section.

I realised that and that was kinda my point, they may be of the persuasion that the T&C's are not being followed so we will disband the area, obviously the chants etc wont have helped the cause but its not just level 7 thats guilty of that.

Rightly or wrongly level 7 is gone, hopefully the relative success of this season will carry us through next year and the stadium as a whole can become more vocal and supportive.  I'll be honest and say that i thought level 7 was a good idea but it seems now that people think because they sit there they are some kind of singing super fan, there are lots of areas where people sing and lots where people don't.  Maybe the areas that are less vocal just need some encouragement.  I maybe wrong here but its just my opinion.

This is no way to enforce such terms, though ...

No its not, i agree but looking at it from the other side, imagine if they had of turned round and said were doing away with level 7 because you stand and chant about the owner as well as having a banner that call him a rapist.  Either way the PR would be tosh.