Season Tickets

Guest BooBoo

People complaining on here missing the point... Only they can buy the season tickets at this discounted price... No one else... Great deal all round... Just got to do your own negotiating with whoever you buy the ticket for...

Cos that'll happen won't it?!?

'Alright mate, seen this deal the toon are doing, £207 for a season ticket!!! Wanna use my details?'

'Aye, cheers mate!'

'Nee bother, cost ya £50 (or whatever!!!)'

They'd tell you where to go. So even though it's only available to existing ST holders by no means are we going to come out of this better off in any way.

People complaining on here missing the point... Only they can buy the season tickets at this discounted price... No one else... Great deal all round... Just got to do your own negotiating with whoever you buy the ticket for...

'Alright mate, seen this deal the toon are doing, £207 for a season ticket!!! Wanna use my details?'

'Aye, cheers mate!'

They'd tell you where to go. So even though it's only available to existing ST holders by no means are we going to come out of this better off in any way.

I'd probably buy the person a few pints or give them £20 or something.  Better than nowt.

I can see where people are coming from with this but they're not filling the ground.  As I've said previously there's a delicate balance between filling the ground and not pissing off season ticket holders.  It'll go down well with my dad because he's bought one for my brother at a big discount but I can see why people would be a touch peeved.  They'll be hoping they don't need to do as much stuff like this from next season onwards, that will be the idea here.

'Aye, cheers mate!'

Surely it is the other way round, they approach you and then you can ask for a few quid for helping them out

I personally think it is a great deal, a full ground is a great thing

:thup:

Bollocks man :lol:

Why is that bollocks? Some ST holders will use the offer to make £50 towards Christmas. Some ST holders will use the offer to help out a friend or family member (see IP's Dad). Some ST holders will not have a need to use the offer; it won't cost them anything else, they'll hopefully enjoy the busier atmosphere, the team they support will hopefully benefit from the greater support.

As the offer is only available to ST holders, then every additional ST purchased through the scheme is rewarding the loyalty of a Season Ticket holder in some way.

Why is that bollocks? Some ST holders will use the offer to make £50 towards Christmas. Some ST holders will use the offer to help out a friend or family member (see IP's Dad). Some ST holders will not have a need to use the offer; it won't cost them anything else, they'll hopefully enjoy the busier atmosphere, the team they support will hopefully benefit from the greater support.

As the offer is only available to ST holders, then every additional ST purchased through the scheme is rewarding the loyalty of a Season Ticket holder in some way.

Exactly... I do worry about peoples selfish attitudes today... Especially towards family and mates who this is aimed at... If you don't want someone to benefit from this scheme it is in your hands... If others want to help their family and friends it is their choice and has no impact on you other than probably giving you a better match day experience and might even help the team on the pitch a little...

Take my case for example... Been going to the match since 1982 and hardly missed a home game from 1992 until we appointed Fat Sam in charge in which my financial position changed and have sold my season ticket at face value ever since to mate so he can sit with his wife... Leaving me to pick up the odd home game and my usual half dozen away trips per season... This deal has got me thinking I may forgo the pub and pint of shandy and return to the full match experience if I can scrape £200 together... My dad brother and several mates in the same row would welcome me back...  Can't see the negative

impact on those against it? No different to some seats being one price and others yards away a lower price... And if anyone is asking... No i wouldn't ask people for £50 commission etc. or expect a pint every match... It's just what mates or family do for each other isn't it?

Cant believe anyone is actually complaining about this ffs. Its one season man. It will drive attendances up this year then obviously the hope will be those people will renew the next. Jesus, people need to get a grip.

Yeah, I'm pay £550 whilst someone in the same area will be paying £200. Lord knows why I'm not happy, need to get a grip really... :rolleyes:

Cant believe anyone is actually complaining about this ffs. Its one season man. It will drive attendances up this year then obviously the hope will be those people will renew the next. Jesus, people need to get a grip.

Yeah, I'm pay £550 whilst someone in the same area will be paying £200. Lord knows why I'm not happy, need to get a grip really... :rolleyes:

See my reply above...

See my reply above...

Oh Boo Fucking Hoo. Want a Hankie to wash away the tears? So what, someone is getting a decent deal for one season!! Are you that selfish that you begrudge people this one time deal?

Aye, you've paid more, so have thousands of others. Im sure you'll get over it.

Or see it this way. I've got two copies of FIFA 12 to sell. I'll sell it to you for £100 and sell it to your best mate for a fiver. Great deal  O0

Eh... I don't see it that way... Sorry... Don't see the parallel at all.. Apples & Pears maybe?