Season Tickets

Guest BooBoo

Or see it this way. I've got two copies of FIFA 12 to sell. I'll sell it to you for £100 and sell it to your best mate for a fiver. Great deal  O0

Eh... I don't see it that way... Sorry... Don't see the parallel at all.. Apples & Pears maybe?

Same product, same time, completely different prices.

Or see it this way. I've got two copies of FIFA 12 to sell. I'll sell it to you for £100 and sell it to your best mate for a fiver. Great deal  O0

Eh... I don't see it that way... Sorry... Don't see the parallel at all.. Apples & Pears maybe?

Or..... how about, i buy fifa when it first comes out at full price. Couple of Months later Grainger games have a great deal on and are selling it for half price?? What shall I do? Run back to them and cry because someone is getting it cheaper than I am?

It's not too different to a long-term Sky customer always paying the full whack for the top package and me swanning in as a new customer and getting free Sky Sports 2, 3 and 4 for 6 months and then free HD for the 6 months after that really, is it?  And incidentally I kept the sports and am now pondering whether to keep the HD.  That's what this is all about surely, that and improving attendances and hopefully the atmosphere in the short-term.

Or..... how about, i buy fifa when it first comes out at full price. Couple of Months later Grainger games have a great deal on and are selling it for half price?? What shall I do? Run back to them and cry because someone is getting it cheaper than I am?

Fair enough if they want to sell last season's STs at a lower price like, I wouldn't complain about that.

This analogy is way more correct like, sorry Jonny. :lol:

Fair enough if they want to sell last season's STs at a lower price like, I wouldn't complain about that.

Wha?

Wha?

FIFA is a product that gets old after day one. A ST is 'new' all season as we're experiencing the same game at the same time, but one of us is paying £15 more each time for the pleasure of doing so.

Nope.... 5 League games have passed... so not the same time... A total exaggeration in fact...

It's nothing new either... My seat is Gallowgate mid-tier (£550 approx)... Someone else is watching the same game yards away paying more and always have done as they are side on of the pitch ... You pay your money and take your choices... Be it for game by game...1yr 3yr 10yr...Different stands.... all for the same product... vastly different prices... Even when queuing Saturday for a mate to get them a cash ticket... £27...£33...etc...

Can't see how the atmosphere will be particularly different btw. It's always nice to see the stadium full but an extra 5-10% isn't going to make a big difference IMO.

Especially if they're fairweather fans. :razz:

I buy FIFA for £50 and experience it. You buy FIFA 6 months later for £20 and experience the same thing that i did, but when it's not 'new' anymore.

I buy a ST for £550 and experience four different games, followed by the next 15. You buy a ST for £200 and experience the same 15 games as me at the same time (i.e. when its still 'new').

Wha?

FIFA is a product that gets old after day one. A ST is 'new' all season as we're experiencing the same game at the same time, but one of us is paying £15 more each time for the pleasure of doing so.

:lol:

Really? I thought it was new until the next one comes out a year later.

Look, I can understand why some people might think they are being hard done by, but at the end of the day, attendances will be up and that can only be good for the team and the club. If it encourages new fans/young un's to come along, all the better. There would be no other to get the other 5-8k through the door other than cheaper tickets.

The same amount will still be coming out of your account as before, if you really feel that hard done by then why not just cancel your direct debit.

Can't see how the atmosphere will be particularly different btw. It's always nice to see the stadium full but an extra 5-10% isn't going to make a big difference IMO.

I hope you are not claiming me a fair-weather fan? I think you'll find most of them now down to the local with the Greek channels with no need to return...  Others returning are doing so because they will want to be there but struggle to pay for a full season but miss the match day experience, craic with their family/mates...

See you all down at Blackburn...

I disagree, I think you can always tell the difference, just like you can tell the difference between a day and night game...

It probably won't even increase attendances. More STs sold = less general sale sold.

I buy FIFA for £50 and experience it. You buy FIFA 6 months later for £20 and experience the same thing that i did, but when it's not 'new' anymore.

I buy a ST for £550 and experience four different games, followed by the next 15. You buy a ST for £200 and experience the same 15 games as me at the same time (i.e. when its still 'new').

I can only except that point if ANYONE could buy one... But like i've stated several times... It can only be purchased by You!... Not me!... So you choose if you want to subsidise anyone... As my family or friends would have to make that decision... Family and friends who may already be paying more for than you for the same experience at the same time...

As a non season ticket holder looking at a season ticket holders view through the glass sort of speak, thesis what I make of it. Only existing season ticket holders can get in on this so that means they don't have to feel aggrieved about someone coming in and getting what they didn't get. Also this creates a great advantage for season ticket holders to be able to get a season ticket for there partner, child, friend to go along to the game with them. Also it's a good opportunity to make money, buy season ticket for less then what individual games cost and sell them and make money on it over the season, I believe even the club has ticket partner to do this legally.

All good if you have been wanting another season ticket but couldn't afford two full price ones.

Cant believe anyone is actually complaining about this ffs. Its one season man. It will drive attendances up this year then obviously the hope will be those people will renew the next. Jesus, people need to get a grip.

Yeah, I'm pay £550 whilst someone in the same area will be paying £200. Lord knows why I'm not happy, need to get a grip really... :rolleyes:

are you gonna ask for a partial refund on your tv when the price drops on that as well?