Season Tickets

Guest BooBoo

Cant believe anyone is actually complaining about this ffs. Its one season man. It will drive attendances up this year then obviously the hope will be those people will renew the next. Jesus, people need to get a grip.

Yeah, I'm pay £550 whilst someone in the same area will be paying £200. Lord knows why I'm not happy, need to get a grip really... :rolleyes:

are you gonna ask for a partial refund on your tv when the price drops on that as well?

You not read a single one of my posts in here? Thought not.

Cant believe anyone is actually complaining about this ffs. Its one season man. It will drive attendances up this year then obviously the hope will be those people will renew the next. Jesus, people need to get a grip.

Yeah, I'm pay £550 whilst someone in the same area will be paying £200. Lord knows why I'm not happy, need to get a grip really... :rolleyes:

are you gonna ask for a partial refund on your tv when the price drops on that as well?

Just out of interest and to keep it lighthearted... How much did you pay for FIFA12 and how long have you been buying FIFA for?...

Considering that the home sections were all but sold out for Wigan, which is probably the least attractive opposition we will face it is a great gesture by the club. A lot of waverers are returning anyway but it will be great to have them commited to a season ticket deal rather than on a general sale basis not to mention there will be less hassle for the box office.

If anyone is not happy about it then realise that the power to take advantage rests with you, if you don't agree with it then don't buy.

Hypothetically the club would not sell one extra ticket if existing season ticket holders don't like the plan.

I don't think the club stand to gain revenue from this deal, possibly they'll lose out, as I said if you can sell out against Wigan then you have a good chance for any other game, but getting fans locked into a longer deal has to benefit everyone.

This is exactly what i;d get called tight for.

'Alreet mate, Do you want an ST for £200?'

'Aye, definitely! That sounds great!'

Okay then we'll call it £300 because you're getting it cheaper cos of me'

'No f*** off you tight c***

:undecided:

I've still asked him, he's skint so i'm not going to ask for the extra like :whistle:

Considering that the home sections were all but sold out for Wigan, which is probably the least attractive opposition we will face it is a great gesture by the club. A lot of waverers are returning anyway but it will be great to have them commited to a season ticket deal rather than on a general sale basis not to mention there will be less hassle for the box office.

If anyone is not happy about it then realise that the power to take advantage rests with you, if you don't agree with it then don't buy.

Hypothetically the club would not sell one extra ticket if existing season ticket holders don't like the plan.

I don't think the club stand to gain revenue from this deal, possibly they'll lose out, as I said if you can sell out against Wigan then you have a good chance for any other game, but getting fans locked into a longer deal has to benefit everyone.

Good post...

i haven't read the whole thread no, posting in between uni lectures. just scrolled up to a post where you mentioned same product same time though so i presume it's that sort of thing you're alluding to when you answered your own question.

are the people taking advantage of this offer buying at the same time as you?

As a current season ticket holder i'd feel aggrieved if the offer was open to anyone, but instead i see it as a way of allowing those with season tickets to get maybe a family member/friend to go to games when they wouldn't have otherwise. Can't blame the club for wanting/trying to fill the ground, although i'd rather the football on offer was enough to do that.

Sounds like that box office needs looking at though. Been hearing stories of people trying to get tickets over the phone for an hour, only to be cut off once they're next in line. 

No, but they are buying the same product 5 games into a 19 game season. As JH mentioned we've paid £300 for 5 games. It is s*** no matter which way you look at it.

But they are only allowed to do that if YOU allow them being the season ticket holder paying "full" price...  The club is actually rewarding YOU!... If you don't want any of your friends or family to benefit you simply don't offer to get a 2nd season ticket... People need to be thinking of the deal more down the 2 season tickets for £700 line.... There is no £200 15 game season ticket available to anyone without the other... If there was then I would sympathise with those not happy... But i really think people are missing the point here...

Can't see how the atmosphere will be particularly different btw. It's always nice to see the stadium full but an extra 5-10% isn't going to make a big difference IMO.

Especially if they're fairweather fans. :razz:

I hope you are not claiming me a fair-weather fan? I think you'll find most of them now down to the local with the Greek channels with no need to return...  Others returning are doing so because they will want to be there but struggle to pay for a full season but miss the match day experience, craic with their family/mates...

See you all down at Blackburn...

Was only trolling. O0

Can't see how the atmosphere will be particularly different btw. It's always nice to see the stadium full but an extra 5-10% isn't going to make a big difference IMO.

Especially if they're fairweather fans. :razz:

I hope you are not claiming me a fair-weather fan? I think you'll find most of them now down to the local with the Greek channels with no need to return...  Others returning are doing so because they will want to be there but struggle to pay for a full season but miss the match day experience, craic with their family/mates...

See you all down at Blackburn...

Was only trolling. O0

Nee bother... All good craic...

No, but they are buying the same product 5 games into a 19 game season. As JH mentioned we've paid £300 for 5 games. It is s*** no matter which way you look at it.

But they are only allowed to do that if YOU allow them being the season ticket holder paying "full" price...  The club is actually rewarding YOU!... If you don't want any of your friends or family to benefit you simply don't offer to get a 2nd season ticket... People need to be thinking of the deal more down the 2 season tickets for £700 line.... There is no £200 15 game season ticket available to anyone without the other... If there was then I would sympathise with those not happy... But i really think people are missing the point here...

This is it really. I'm sure there's loads of season-ticket holders who'd love to be able to take their son, dad, partner to the match with them but can't afford it, well now it's more affordable for them to do this. Can't believe people are whining at this tbh. :lol:

Guest sicko2ndbest

This is it really. I'm sure there's loads of season-ticket holders who'd love to be able to take their son, dad, partner to the match with them but can't afford it, well now it's more affordable for them to do this. Can't believe people are whining at this tbh. :lol:

Agree, great idea

What part of moaning about paying £350 for 5 games is so hard to believe? :lol:

Am I supposed to jumping from rooftops with delight because a couple of extra kids can get to the match? Great for them.

Am I supposed to jumping from rooftops with delight because a couple of extra kids can get to the match? Great for them.

Completely missing the point tbh. It's like when you go into a restaurant or whatever and there's an offer of buy one meal and get another free/half price or whatever. I'm fucked if I'm going to put up with some lass a table over from me eating the same thing for less than I've paid.  :tickedoff:

Why are you so bothered by this? You've got your ticket, you've paid your price, I don't know how you can be so upset that the club is selling a less valuable product for...less money. :lol:

I'm not Nut. It's a great deal for them, but the save should be levelled in some way across all ST holders, or not at all.

The save is for season ticket holders though. :lol:

Someone without one can't get this, but let's just say you had a mate who couldn't afford a regular priced season-ticket, or a son or whatever, would you not want the opportunity to be able to afford to let them go?

I'm not Nut. It's a great deal for them, but the save should be levelled in some way across all ST holders, or not at all.

Why should it be? Who says like?

Ive got nothing to gain from this what so ever, but think/can see its a good idea. I think its from a total selfish point of view that you have a problem with it.

I'm not whining at the offer as such I'm just a bit peeved that someone who could end up sitting next to me, 5 games into a season, has paid £300 less for the same ticket. Some kind of gesture from the club to full ST holders would definitely not go a miss.

Anyway, enough of the 'whining', does anyone know what I have to do to get someone a ticket? I've got a couple of mates interested and rather than have them miss out cos I'm a cunt I'm gonna do it (for a small fee of course ;)) That's a joke by the way!

I'm not whining at the offer as such I'm just a bit peeved that someone who could end up sitting next to me, 5 games into a season, has paid £300 less for the same ticket. Some kind of gesture from the club to full ST holders would definitely not go a miss.

Anyway, enough of the 'whining', does anyone know what I have to do to get someone a ticket? I've got a couple of mates interested and rather than have them miss out cos I'm a cunt I'm gonna do it (for a small fee of course ;)) That's a joke by the way!

Tickets can only be bought in person at the SJP box office (above the club shop) or by phone from            0844 372 1892      - there's no online ordering for these.

Payment in full will be due straight away and the new season tickets must be purchased by the existing season ticket holder - although the name of the new fan will be registered to appear on the new season ticket card.