Season Tickets

Guest BooBoo

It must be a really hard decision regarding season tickets particularly if you've sat in the same area for years. The problem is of course there's absolutely nothing enjoyable about NUFC at the moment and I guess there comes a point where some people will find it too much. I certainly wouldn't hold it against anyone who decides against chucking it in, they've paid good money and want to support the team.

Very difficult situation really

Guest Haris Vuckic

I think we're the only fans who keep going back for the shit sandwich.

If things are bad in Milan - or if they aren't going to compete for the league - fans simply don't turn up.

I'm not bothering at all this year - Ashley is taking money out and they aren't trying to be competitive. What's the point?

Is anyone in the same position where they don't want to give up their ticket because of the loyalty points?

They're attached to your supporter number. I had a season off a few years back, when I went back I still had the points.

Guest neesy111

Is anyone in the same position where they don't want to give up their ticket because of the loyalty points?

They're attached to your supporter number. I had a season off a few years back, when I went back I still had the points.

Yeap, mine was like this when I purchased tickets for Harpers Testimonial.

I was close to cancelling it this year the only reason I didn't is for the social side of it. Having the football as a reason to go out and meet the lads is the only reason why I have it now. I know I could still go out and meet them even if I give it up but it would be too easy for my life to take over, her in doors, work, visiting family that lives away it would be easy excuses to not go out.

I was close to cancelling it this year the only reason I didn't is for the social side of it. Having the football as a reason to go out and meet the lads is the only reason why I have it now. I know I could still go out and meet them even if I give it up but it would be too easy for my life to take over, her in doors, work, visiting family that lives away it would be easy excuses to not go out.

thats been me even before ashley.

I really regret not cancelling my season ticket when I had the chance last January. The result of the "root and branch" review on what went wrong seems to have been to get rid of Perch, Harper, Simpson and Lambias and not be in Europe. According to JFK "the squad is big enough for a top 10 finish". It may be big enough (is it?) but it certainly isn't good enough.

A huge number of people won't be fooled again. I expect a large number of season tickets to be cancelled this season. I go to be entertained. That didn't really happen last season and this season looks like more of the same. We haven't seen a home goal for over 4 games. Most fans seem to think we'll be fighting relegation again this season.

For the first time since I've held a season ticket I'm actually seriously considering cancelling my direct debit and chucking it. The whole health issues that I've been going through has made me realise there's more important things in life and if I'm no longer enjoying it then what's the point?

This is actually the closest I've come to chucking it, as in it's on my mind every day as to whether I should do it or not. Fuck I even kept it when we went down and after Keegan but what's the point when the owner has sucked the joy out of supporting your own club?

As a matter of fact it no longer feels like my club and it hasn't for some time. Keegan was right when he said he's just a custodian of it but I feel like I can't get behind Mike Ashley's version of Newcastle United like I should. That's all because of him and it's not as if you look forward to what's going on during the 90 minutes as Pardew has sucked away any fun from that too. The only thing I've ever expected from my team is that when they take the pitch they give it their best shot and make going to matches fun to watch, Pardew can't deliver that and the alternative doesn't even bare thinking about.

All hope we ever had died a long time ago.

Careful, Inochi might laugh at you.

Ahh right, that was the only thing holding me back tbh. It's definitely getting cancelled in February then.

Yep... This was the only reason I kept this season on but when someone kindly confirmed on here a few weeks ago you could just pay the membership fee instead to keep your points I'm just going to do that next season and just go to away games until something changes...

Ahh right, that was the only thing holding me back tbh. It's definitely getting cancelled in February then.

Yep... This was the only reason I kept this season on but when someone kindly confirmed on here a few weeks ago you could just pay the membership fee instead to keep your points I'm just going to do that next season and just go to away games until something changes...

Might be worth confirming with the club (take their answer with a pinch of salt) but I don't think you even need to pay the membership fee. I didn't and when I went back, my points were there. Your membership number doesn't change once they have you on file, and the points are attached to your number whether you're an active member or not.

Think I'll cancel mine in February as well. Even when we finished 5th I was starting to fall out of love with NUFC- the whole SJP disgrace etc. Last season and this summer has just confirmed that. To think that I actually pay money to watch the football Pardew produces and believes in is quite degrading, and combining that with Ashley's Sports Direct FC outlook, you feel like a right mug.

It makes me too angry. It's not for me anymore.

If anyone's thinking of cancelling in February, why not just do it now? It's money saved rather than money wasted imo.

Suppose but already paid up to this point for season ticket. I'm out in Feb, but have already paid a few hundred quid so not going to miss watching all those goals go past Krul or Elliott when Krul is sold on deadline day.

Looking forward to seeing Swansea, Crystal Palace, Hull and other teams we can't compete with financially.

If anyone's thinking of cancelling in February, why not just do it now? It's money saved rather than money wasted imo.

Suppose but already paid up to this point for season ticket. I'm out in Feb, but have already paid a few hundred quid so not going to miss watching all those goals go past Krul or Elliott when Krul is sold on deadline day.

Looking forward to seeing Swansea, Crystal Palace, Hull and other teams we can't compete with financially.

Yep, I can understand the money already paid side of things, I just wrote mine off. Expect some signings in Jan to try and stop people like you cancelling.

Yep, I can understand the money already paid side of things, I just wrote mine off. Expect some signings in Jan to try and stop people like you cancelling.

Oh no doubt that is their plan, and no doubt I toy with the idea of cancelling, the one thing signings or not that will sway it for me though is if Pardew is till manager.

If you cancel next February have you in effect paid until the end of this season?

Can seriously understand why folk are looking to bail out. Match days are just a complete none event at this moment in time. I had two fuckers nearly coming to blows in my row v WHU. Fuck me 30 minutes into the season and the support is at each others throat. (The anti-Kinnear song caused it)

For me Pardew is strangling the talent in the squad. The Club on the whole is completely unappetising and has zero redeeming features.

A lot now are going to see paying £500+ into Ashleys pockets a hard knock to take all things considered.

I had two f***ers nearly coming to blows in my row v WHU. f*** me 30 minutes into the season and the support is at each others throat. (The anti-Kinnear song caused it)

Woot, someone is pro-Kinnear?  :kasper:

I had two f***ers nearly coming to blows in my row v WHU. f*** me 30 minutes into the season and the support is at each others throat. (The anti-Kinnear song caused it)

Woot, someone is pro-Kinnear?  :kasper:

The argument was pretty much 'why not sing and support the team instead of ...'

"Fool me once, shame on you; fool me twice, shame on me."

Unless we play the rest of the season like we played the last 20 minutes against Fulham there will be a hell of a lot of season tickets getting cancelled.

The Family section will have to expand to half the stadium next season to make up for the cancellations.

Guest neesy111

"Fool me once, shame on you; fool me twice, shame on me."

Unless we play the rest of the season like we played the last 20 minutes against Fulham there will be a hell of a lot of season tickets getting cancelled.

The Family section will have to expand to half the stadium next season to make up for the cancellations.

:yao: