Season Tickets

Guest BooBoo

Jordan, next meeting you have could you ask if the extra £15 on season tickets for the memberships will all be invested into the academy (as mentioned here: http://www.nufc.co.uk/page/Fans/ToonArmyTwelfthMan) and will the memberships still include all the same benefits as they did this year?

Thanks

And also ask the snidey bastard if the now 'compulsory' membership will remain the same price throughout the ten year ST deal.

Guest michaelfoster

It would be a good idea if you suggest to the club that they send a letter to Season Ticket holders already in L4 saying:

"There are a large number of fans currently in the L7 section who stand and sing vociferously during the match who have to move due to the expansion of the family section and are looking to relocate to your section. If this is likely to impinge on your enjoyment of the match then perhaps you may like to move your season ticket for next year to another part of the ground?"

Bit unfair on people already in L4, if i currently sat there id gladly tell anyone trying to ask me to move to kindly f**k off.

It would be a good idea if you suggest to the club that they send a letter to Season Ticket holders already in L4 saying:

"There are a large number of fans currently in the L7 section who stand and sing vociferously during the match who have to move due to the expansion of the family section and are looking to relocate to your section. If this is likely to impinge on your enjoyment of the match then perhaps you may like to move your season ticket for next year to another part of the ground?"

Bit unfair on people already in L4, if i currently sat there id gladly tell anyone trying to ask me to move to kindly f**k off.

Then they can't complain if people sing and stand then. And tbf i've been moved twice in 3 seasons now

The move to Leazes Level 4 to me seems like a great suggestion. The whole problem with a singing corner is that is a corner. Having a whole end would be far better. If the 3000 from the corner spread themselves a little bit thinner across the leazes end from the L4 corner to the far side it can only help the atmosphere as a whole. I sit in the L4 corner and there are plenty of us who try to get something going on the back of singing coming from upstairs but there just aren't enough who consistently join in.

The whole standing bit though is only going get in the way of getting anything to happen. It is in breach of the clubs safety certificate and no-one in authority can be seen to support it. Therefore why not just talk about the positive element of this which is to get the atmosphere going not the part which is only going to antagonise and cause conflct

Guest michaelfoster

Then they can't complain if people sing and stand then. And tbf i've been moved twice in 3 seasons now

So basically, because your getting moved you want people in L4 to move just to accommodate you lot from L7

Was just thinking about this mass move earlier, im currently nw level 4 and was wondering if I'll still be able to secure my same seat next season or will those affected by the move get first dibs down ere?

I would almost certainly think you'll get first choice to renew in your original seat.

Was just thinking about this mass move earlier, im currently nw level 4 and was wondering if I'll still be able to secure my same seat next season or will those affected by the move get first dibs down ere?

I would almost certainly think you'll get first choice to renew in your original seat.

Ta mate, welcome L7-ites :)

So basically, because your getting moved you want people in L4 to move just to accommodate you lot from L7

It's shit, isn't it? There's very little choice, and when an area has been specified due to being the one with the lowest amount of ST holders then you can't blame fans for wanting to try this. It's not what we want and everyone's gutted about leaving level 7, but still, anyone who doesn't want to stand in Level 4 has another 45 thousand or so other seats available to them...

I'm definitely cancelling the bairns season ticket, she says she doesn't want to go back, and I don't blame her. Mine, I'm still thinking about.

My daughter sounded seriously disillusioned at 3 or 4-0 down v Arsenal. She turned to me and said she didn't know why we bother. Thankfully the dramatic comeback has restored a bit of faith.

If i've read that correctly, then a L7 Milburn Family Enclosure Ticket is £345 less a 10% discount for having a championship ST therefore £310.50 plus £15 compulsorary 12th man or is the 12th man thing included already?

Still £100 for the bairn which means £410.50 in total and if i sign for 10 years it stays at that. Excellent result considering i was paying £598 for the same seat just for myself 2 years ago.

Depends on how old your young'un is. I was asking about this at the box office yesterday because i'm in the family stand. They said you can go for the 10 year deal, but once the bairn is 18, you will have the choice of moving elsewhere or opting out. I assume that if you move, you'll pay for a more expensive seat, but then be charged the same amount for the remainder of the 10 years.

Becoming clear that the club won't endorse a new 'singing section.' Currently, changing their minds is our priority. Will also be interesting to see just how much the club co-operate in any relocation process.

Simon's ready to meet, need to find a time when both Chris and Kev are free.

Becoming clear that the club won't endorse a new 'singing section.' Currently, changing their minds is our priority. Will also be interesting to see just how much the club co-operate in any relocation process.

Seems like Jordan has already done an excellent job and is making positive progress, whereas you always seem very negative about everything almost like you prefer confrontation. Hopefully you wont antagonise them too much and jeopardise the good work already done.

Actually he can, standing is not allowed in flight, noubt to do with the club other than they must enforce it or see section closures like old Trafford had/were threatened with by their local council.

Not sure where i'm getting my ST, like.

Share it with a mate atm in L7, but he's not doing it again next season and I work on weekends so have only got to half of the home games. Makes me wonder if I should just stay in L7 as i'm 17 (18 in May) and pay £265 instead of £420 or whatever it is in L4. This means I could try and flog games I can't get to for £10 or something and wouldn't lose a fortune.

Only reason I want to keep my ST is for my loyalty points and Sunderland away, tbh.

Guest TheSummerOf69

If people likely to stand and sing in the way L7 does are moving en masse to L4 then it's only fair to warn the Season Ticket holders that are there already that it might have a different feel to their section next year. Nobody should be forcibly moved (although the singing section are, which is what is causing this).

Seems like Jordan has already done an excellent job and is making positive progress, whereas you always seem very negative about everything almost like you prefer confrontation. Hopefully you wont antagonise them too much and jeopardise the good work already done.

Give us a break, for Christ's sake! We are approaching this situation in a very diplomatic and sensible manner. It's highly unlikely that the club are going to endorse a transfer, but I guarantee you - we are doing everything we can to make it a possibility.

As per usual True Faith have nailed it  :clap:

I don’t know about you saps reading this but almost every conversation I had with Mags of my acquaintance down at Blackburn involved discussion of the season ticket offer announced last week - the bit in between selling Carroll for £35m, Mr Llambias’ witless rebuke towards club icon, Alan Shearer and signing Shefi Kuki unemployed since being released by Second Division Swansea last November.

Most think it is a good offer viewed in isolation but placed in the context of what Ashley has done to the club in the last three years, many believe this is a suspect device to get our money in before the season ends. Lots of Mags wonder whether this is a rouse to get the season ticket dough in and deny fans the opportunity of exercising the one means of protest he is worried about, and that is withholding our money in protest at the manner in which he is running the club.

The wounds of the Carroll transfer are still open but only the hopelessly naïve would believe the sales are over. We hear more rumours about which clubs are looking at which players but the main worries surround Jose Enrique and his rumoured admirers at Man Utd and Liverpool as well as Chiek Tiote and Chelsea, who are rumoured to be tracking our midfielder’s progress closely. I believe those two are our most saleable assets now but I wouldn’t be surprised to see the likes of Gutierrez and Collocini in the shop window too given their salaries and how much Ashley is determined to screw costs down. Joey Barton may be publicly committed to signing a new contract with United and indeed appears to have found a position and a club which will allow his talent to flourish but don’t imagine that will count for much if Ashley were to be offered a nice £7m for him in the summer.

Having requested interviews with Ashley or Llambias to answer questions related to key concerns regarding the season ticket offer and the club’s future direction in regard to player sales and recruitment, the concern of this gobshite fanzine was not helped by a predictable refusal by the hierarchy to allow a supporter to pose the questions you all want to be answered. We were offered an interview with Simon Esland, Head of Customer Operations at the club. We have declined that offer. That is not meant as any disrespect to Simon Esland. By all accounts he is a diligent and competent club employee but he just isn’t in a position to answer the questions we have about the strategy at the club or the issue related to sales and purchases of players this coming transfer window. Simon won’t know how that plays into a season ticket offer which has what many consider a “catch” with its renewal date at the end of April. At the end of April, I’d doubt if supporters will even know what division we’ll be in next season.

The season ticket offer was introduced by the now familiar method of a bald statement on the club’s website. There was no press conference and no opportunity for the local media to question a senior member of the club’s hierarchy regarding the deal. This would appear an absurd policy given the huge disquiet there is amongst supporters at how the club is being run. The club’s Managing Director, Derek Llambias, has previously admitted to shortcomings in the club’s communications with supporters. However, on a matter as pivotal to the club as a ten year deal on season tickets, once again, the club is pulling up the drawbridge and declining opportunities to explain the background behind the deal. Obviously this NO TALK policy does nothing to address the growing opinion that Ashley is up to something.

What that “something” is remains, as ever, unclear. The optimists hope the sale of Carroll was the last act in the Ashley tragedy at SJP. That he will exit stage left in the summer having sold the club and recovered as much as he possibly can. Thereafter the club will be run with some dignity, ambition and sensitivity about what Newcastle United means to our region. That is the optimist’s view. However, there are those who believe we have a few more years yet of Ashley and what is increasingly described as his asset-stripping of Newcastle United. Those assets this coming summer may well be Enrique and Tiote and in 2012 they may well be Ben Arfa, Vuckic or anyone else who looks half decent as United plays its role as a feeder club to the high and mighty. The club will continue to plead poverty despite having an owner with £900m in the bank and doesn’t blink when he loses £1m at the roulette table on a night out.

Supporters will have to make their minds up what they are going to do regarding season tickets this summer. I am in no position to advise either way. That said, we should open those season ticket packs with our eyes wide open and realise the attractiveness of the offer in March / April may not be the same in August / September. Ashley and Llambias are refusing to answer questions from (very) ordinary fans regarding the club’s strategy, immediate plans and the season ticket deal. A most curious state of affairs. You can draw your own conclusions from that.

I am beginning to be entertained by Alan Pardew. Last week he told us we paid big money for Peter Lovenkrands and Leon Best. Hmm. We got Lovenkrands on a free in a similar deal to Kuki and Best cost us the grand total of £2m. it’s a bit worrying if Pardew thinks that’s big money.

Not only that Pardew but he is trotting out all of the usual patronising baloney about “passionate fans” and all the other garbage we’ve heard from the likes of Souness et al. Doubtless it will take in the more gullible of our number but for those of us who have been around the block with the club over many years we’ll just take it all with a pinch of salt. Its all crap.

Pardew has a major credibility problem I’m afraid. For many, myself included, everything he promises about what he is going to do in the summer is undermined by what has just happened in January. And not just the continued statements regarding Andy Carroll going nowhere … and then being sold with no replacements lined up. Why was Routledge allowed to go? I’m not suggesting Routledge was a brilliant player or that he is up to PL standard but with no replacement coming in the other way just what was the logic in letting a half-decent player leave the club and exacerbate an already thin squad? Don’t tell me bringing in an injured Steven Ireland was the replacement? Where were the other signings promised? The cover at Left-back? The additional striker and the pace in midfield?

Pardew promised he’d get resources from Ashley to strengthen the squad for the second half of the season. That didn’t happen. Now he is telling us he has the backing of “the chairman” for his summer plans. There goes that credibility problem again.

We would have won at Blackburn had we had a half decent striker up top. There was just nobody to take advantage of the platform build on a solid defence and a well organised and energetic midfield. Funny that eh?

Have a great week.

Keep On, Keepin’ On …

More extreme negativity masquerading as being a true fan.

Some people must be loving the fact we've been through a bad few seasons, if we did well they'd have nothing at all to whine about.

FFS, when does a club ever consult with fans or local journalists about season ticket prices? And comment on the strategy for the upcoming transfer window? I doubt it has ever happened.