Season Tickets

Guest BooBoo

So is this a monthly d/d? This would make a season ticket far more possible for me.

For me too providing i can get my mortgage down in 4 months

"Season tickets can be paid for by up to 12 monthly direct debits, with no administration charges and no interest charge"

Guest Roger Kint

So is this a monthly d/d? This would make a season ticket far more possible for me.

For me too providing i can get my mortgage down in 4 months

"Season tickets can be paid for by up to 12 monthly direct debits, with no administration charges and no interest charge"

The only way i can afford it next season really. Not til i see how Ashley fucks up the summer though.

We should not need a singing end to create atmosphere.  I've said this before this season, but why do so many NUFC fans rely on others to start an atmosphere.  You should be trying to create an atmosphere for every game as we have proven on many occasions the crowd can be the 12th man.

I agree that the singing end with the Toon Ultras was full of twats.

I think you're talking s***. Singing area is the only bit of the ground that seems to give a toss most of the time bar a small section of the Gallowgate

Agreed.

Haway man, you may be justified in trying to put a pessimistic negative spin on everything that happens at Newcastle to further your campaign, but you just said a couple of posts ago that you hardly ever attend SJP, so how can you comment on what the atmosphere is like ?

Of course I can comment on what the atmosphere is like. I've been to SJP 5 times this season, haven't been since Hughton was sacked. Even when we were beating Villa 4-0 the atmosphere was weak. The Blackpool match, I felt embarassed to be a Newcastle fan, 48,000 of our fans and 4,000 Blackpool supporters put us to shame.

I've been to 9/10 away matches a season for 3 or 4 years now. I'd rather spend my time, effort and money on going to away matches than St James', that's just what I prefer. How's that putting a negative spin on things? Muppet.

Insults from "United for Newcastle"  ;D

Recap man, you agreed with a statement that implies about 1500 fans in one section of the ground are the only ones who "give a toss". What about the other 48,000 of us who care enough to actually attend matches - are you saying we don't give a toss ?

And you're supposed to be some kind of fan's "spokesman" ?  Fackin mappet.

Not saying they don't "give a toss" just think the majority of fans inside SJP only get vocal when things are going wrong. Just attending matches doesn't make you a supporter. When have I ever described myself as a "fans spokesman?" Get a grip mate.

It bloody does when it's NUFC are concerned.

People support their team's in different ways, doesn't make them all or less supporters of NUFC.  To even bring about that because you sing at a match makes you a proper NUFC supporter shows a little bit of naivety in your part.

Didn't say that it makes you less of a supporter. Read my post again.

So who are these people that attend matches that are not supporters.  Customers?

Not necessarily. Are you honestly telling me, that you think going to the match on a Saturday afternoon makes you a supporter? I was at the Fulham match last week, their home "support" is pitiful, and there are plenty of those types at SJP.

Anyway, that's not here nor there, I think you thought that I was insinuating that if you don't sing you aren't a supporter, which isn't what I think. I just think it takes more than going to matches, to truly be a supporter of the players and the club as a whole.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_FOIrYyQawGI/TC0thVs0DoI/AAAAAAAAC3w/AfRWy2zTqPo/s1600/StrawMan.jpg

[/Dave]

Am I reading that right btw? I can't decide whether it says "pay the season ticket price every 12 months" or "make 12 monthly payments each year"

You pay for each season ticket each year your not paying one upfront fee for 10 years. You can buy next years season ticket over 12 months.

Am I reading that right btw? I can't decide whether it says "pay the season ticket price every 12 months" or "make 12 monthly payments each year"

You pay for each season ticket each year your not paying one upfront fee for 10 years. You can buy next years season ticket over 12 months.

Does it mean you can buy them all over 12 months DDs, or just the first year?

I read it as ST holders get a chance every year for the next 10 years to confirm they'll be getting a new ST for the following year by Feb-March and they'll get it as the same price as last time. Give up your ticket and you'll be charged the going rate when you come back (if you come back)

Does it mean you can buy them all over 12 months DDs, or just the first year?

You can choose each year I guess because you can pull out each year

I read it as ST holders get a chance every year for the next 10 years to confirm they'll be getting a new ST for the following year by Feb-March and they'll get it as the same price as last time. Give up your ticket and you'll be charged the going rate when you come back (if you come back)

This

Guest The_Optimistic

If it's the former, then this is brilliant from the club and is possibly the greatest circumstances in which I'd want/be able to afford a season ticket :thup:

Agreed, very easy way to pay, rather than fannying on with looking for interest free credit cards every 12 month!

With regards to the singing section:  I think that the club had no choice to extend the family enclosure into the leazes corner as obviously the demand higher for the family enclosure rather than the singing section, this is only going to increase attendences isnt it?  I do hope that the club do organise similar smaller sections to house these fans because they have been fantastic.

Guest The_Optimistic

Cheers, I may upgrade to the east stand at £607, thats a straight £50 a month on the DD ;)

Plus the "young persons section" is the section right next to the away fans and most of them are probably the people from the singing section anyway so no real change and I've no doubt the noise will be the same from that age group and that set of fans.

Guest neesy111

We should not need a singing end to create atmosphere.  I've said this before this season, but why do so many NUFC fans rely on others to start an atmosphere.  You should be trying to create an atmosphere for every game as we have proven on many occasions the crowd can be the 12th man.

I think you're talking s***. Singing area is the only bit of the ground that seems to give a toss most of the time bar a small section of the Gallowgate

Agreed.

Haway man, you may be justified in trying to put a pessimistic negative spin on everything that happens at Newcastle to further your campaign, but you just said a couple of posts ago that you hardly ever attend SJP, so how can you comment on what the atmosphere is like ?

Of course I can comment on what the atmosphere is like. I've been to SJP 5 times this season, haven't been since Hughton was sacked. Even when we were beating Villa 4-0 the atmosphere was weak. The Blackpool match, I felt embarassed to be a Newcastle fan, 48,000 of our fans and 4,000 Blackpool supporters put us to shame.

I've been to 9/10 away matches a season for 3 or 4 years now. I'd rather spend my time, effort and money on going to away matches than St James', that's just what I prefer. How's that putting a negative spin on things? Muppet.

Insults from "United for Newcastle"  ;D

Recap man, you agreed with a statement that implies about 1500 fans in one section of the ground are the only ones who "give a toss". What about the other 48,000 of us who care enough to actually attend matches - are you saying we don't give a toss ?

And you're supposed to be some kind of fan's "spokesman" ?  Fackin mappet.

Not saying they don't "give a toss" just think the majority of fans inside SJP only get vocal when things are going wrong. Just attending matches doesn't make you a supporter. When have I ever described myself as a "fans spokesman?" Get a grip mate.

People support their team's in different ways, doesn't make them all or less supporters of NUFC.  To even bring about that because you sing at a match makes you a proper NUFC supporter shows a little bit of naivety in your part.

So who are these people that attend matches that are not supporters.  Customers?

Not necessarily. Are you honestly telling me, that you think going to the match on a Saturday afternoon makes you a supporter? I was at the Fulham match last week, their home "support" is pitiful, and there are plenty of those types at SJP.

Anyway, that's not here nor there, I think you thought that I was insinuating that if you don't sing you aren't a supporter, which isn't what I think. I just think it takes more than going to matches, to truly be a supporter of the players and the club as a whole.

Everyone views that in different ways.  Your right Fulham's support was bad, but they don't have a history for creating an atmosphere etc.  They should at least be applauded for turning up though as quite a few people who call themselves fans of a football club make no attempt to attend games and then criticise those who do turn up for various reasons.

We should not need a singing end to create atmosphere.  I've said this before this season, but why do so many NUFC fans rely on others to start an atmosphere.  You should be trying to create an atmosphere for every game as we have proven on many occasions the crowd can be the 12th man.

Agreed.

Insults from "United for Newcastle"  ;D

And you're supposed to be some kind of fan's "spokesman" ?  Fackin mappet.

People support their team's in different ways, doesn't make them all or less supporters of NUFC.  To even bring about that because you sing at a match makes you a proper NUFC supporter shows a little bit of naivety in your part.

So who are these people that attend matches that are not supporters.  Customers?

Everyone views that in different ways.  Your right Fulham's support was bad, but they don't have a history for creating an atmosphere etc.  They should at least be applauded for turning up though as quite a few people who call themselves fans of a football club make no attempt to attend games and then criticise those who do turn up for various reasons.

Completely agree.

Guest The_Optimistic

What's this discount malarky all about?

10% if you had a season ticket last season also, we are not sure about the 20%

Completely agree.

[Neesy commenting on Level 7 Ultras and lack of atmosphere]

Think this every time I go to SJP, which is why I rarely bother anymore.

:cheesy:

Guest Hong Kong Phooey

A typical PR announcement from Newcastle.  80% good and 20% stupid.

Nobody likes to be moved from their seat.  A lot more thought should have went into how fans are going to react to this.  They should have sat around a table and put some proper thought into it.  In the event where somebody has to move (i.e. unavoidable) they should be doing all they can to minimise the discontent/pain.  An example of this could be to look for an area that could accomodate these fans.  The back of the Gallowgate is an ideal area as if you go on and look to purchase tickets for the Everton game its practically empty.  Minimise the pain of the increased cost by letting these fans have the first year at their current prices and then maybe a small increment each year until the Gallowgate price is reached.  Further more, to eliminate the uncomfortable situation that people are not sitting together they may have allocated the seat numbers as they are now.  For example, transpose the numbers from one area to the other (Level 7 to Gallogate) and then inform fans that if they don't want this seat then they can apply to have another and the cluib do all they can to help them find this.

I really think it could have become so much simpler than it is and above is just an example and obviously will have it's flaws.

All I'm trying to say is that the Board should really have put a bit more thought into moving fans (if indeed they had to).  Such a shame really as the 10 year and discount are pretty good ideas and on the whole fans seem to be pleased (maybe wrong on that like!!).  it's a bit like tying your lace, if you don't get the final bit right then the first bit was pointless.

Can't believe i'm actually going to say this but well done Ashley!

Didn't renew my season ticket this year but had one last year in the Championship (will have to check if I qualify for the discount) but after hearing this I will more than likely be getting a season ticket again next season. £46.50 a month for the Gallowgate (even if they don't give me the discount) fits in nicely with my budget as opposed to having to pay it all up front which would have been difficult, and the idea of a 10 year price freeze is incredible. In fact the more I think about it I will definately be getting a season ticket again next season.

I've been paying match by match this season. My Arsenal ticket was £35 and Bolton will be £25 when I get round to buying it meaning £60 in the month of February for match tickets. A steady £46.50 a month, with your own guaranteed seat, away match priority and membership thrown in seems like a far better option.

The only downside is the breaking up of the Leazes Corner. However, why don't the fans up there use this to their advantage? The Gallowgate Upper Tier is very short on season ticket holders these days and it would be superb if we could move them to there. A better view (in my opinion) and the low roof means the atmosphere would be terrific. I know it costs more there but they are giving you 12 months interest free and the chance to be paying the same amount for the next decade.