Season Tickets

Guest BooBoo

Guest neesy111

no basically they're saying it's a price freeze if you don't give your season ticket up.

It's a nice gesture from them, I'll give them that. So essentially, you'll be paying the same for the next 10 years?

Yes, which adjusted with inflation means the price will be going down each year.  I guess the club is banking on that football transfers and wages won't increase to even more stupid levels over that team which means fans pay more.

Guest toonlass

That's a very smart plan for the future and seems to place the interests of supporters first. Things like interest free DD payments should help a lot of people and a "young adult" ticket is a good idea too.

As the extended family section will eat into the singing corner the club should also take a serious look at creating a real singing end, it would take some re-organisation but I'm sure it's achievable. A bigger hard core singing end would act as a catalyst for other parts of the ground to get involved too.

It was never more clearly illustrated than Saturday what difference a noisy St.James'Park can make.

I would love to see them use the Gallowgate end as a singing end, even though I have always been a Leazes ender. I would move to the Gallowgate if they were prepared to make it a singing end.

Wouldn't say it's a cracking decision. Is there are obligation to have it for 10 years?

no basically they're saying it's a price freeze if you don't give your season ticket up.

It's a nice gesture from them, I'll give them that. So essentially, you'll be paying the same for the next 10 years?

:lol: You certainly enjoy the role of Cyclops, don't you? :lol:

I'm sure the club are delighted by your generosity.

Guest Hong Kong Phooey

10% discount for those who had a season ticket in the championship year according to the Chron?

Any one confirm?

This is great news in my opinion, greatm planning.  Does anyone know anything more on the opt out clause?

Looks like it's a rolling agreement, you renew you get the deal, you give up you're out and would have to come back in at the new rate at that time.

nice to see the young persons area introduced.  I had to give up when I was 18 and starting uni as I couldn't afford £500+ along with rent and bills.  Had there been somewhere for £265 I could have pooled christmas and birthday money and continued going.

The kids bracket being 18 and under has been in place a while now, atleast at the start of last season.

Cutting the LC in half is an awful idea, I think having a 'family' section nexto a 'singing' section is possibly the worst idea ever. This is an obvious attempt to cut down on the number of people standing, fucking bastards. If the Atmosphere is shit I'm not going to re-new, it's just boring as fuck otherwise.

Guest The_Optimistic

10% discount for those who had a season ticket in the championship year according to the Chron?

Any one confirm?

Excellent if true!

Guest kenny_c

Just read about this on the sunday sun website, and i think the singing corner maybe gone, they have put that the away end is extendable from 2,800 to 4,000 depending on who we are playing, and with the family area taking up another 1,500 seats, that could be the end of the singing section and everyone may have to move, if this happens my renewal could be in doubt.

Guest toonlass

Just read about this on the sunday sun website, and i think the singing corner maybe gone, they have put that the away end is extendable from 2,800 to 4,000 depending on who we are playing, and with the family area taking up another 1,500 seats, that could be the end of the singing section and everyone may have to move, if this happens my renewal could be in doubt.

If the Leazes corner is gone I'm not very happy at all.

Guest toonlass

I can't imagine anyone in the family area will enjoy that their bairns risk being pelted with missiles when the mackems come into town, if they extend the away fans and the family area so that they are next to each other.

Guest neesy111

Got to say, those prices are still very expensive for the North East.  A standard adult season ticket is not much less than Arsenal's cheapest one (who get criticised a lot for the prices they charge).

Got to say, those prices are still very expensive for the North East.  A standard adult season ticket is not much less than Arsenal's cheapest one (who get criticised a lot for the prices they charge).

I'm sure standard Arsenal ticket is £893 ?

Actually just checked and Arsenals cheapest season ticket is apparently £893 not the standard ticket that's the cheapest ticket they do for an adult.

Guest neesy111

Got to say, those prices are still very expensive for the North East.  A standard adult season ticket is not much less than Arsenal's cheapest one (who get criticised a lot for the prices they charge).

Actually just checked and Arsenals cheapest season ticket is apparently £893 not the standard ticket that's the cheapest ticket they do for an adult.

Hmm, Arsenal fan telling me porkies.

Still think that's a lot of money to attend a football match in the North East.  Average of around £30 a ticket.

Guest neesy111

Think it's a pretty fair price for a match to be honest and cheapest for an adult is about £18 a ticket so that's very good.

Hmm, it's up for debate.  At least we don't rip off our own season ticket holders by giving away free tickets like our Neighbours.

I still believe we would have had almost full gate's for all games this season if tickets for the lesser games weren't as high as they are, as the fans have shown they will turn up this season.

Livid the singing section is being removed. We create the SJP atmosphere single handly, if it wasn't for us the rest of the crowd would be in silence the majority of the game. Sir John Hall Level 7 is not going to be the same with having a family enclosure right beside away fans. What a ludricous decision this is!