Season Tickets

Guest BooBoo

A typical PR announcement from Newcastle.  80% good and 20% stupid.

Nobody likes to be moved from their seat.  A lot more thought should have went into how fans are going to react to this.  They should have sat around a table and put some proper thought into it.  In the event where somebody has to move (i.e. unavoidable) they should be doing all they can to minimise the discontent/pain.  An example of this could be to look for an area that could accomodate these fans.  The back of the Gallowgate is an ideal area as if you go on and look to purchase tickets for the Everton game its practically empty.  Minimise the pain of the increased cost by letting these fans have the first year at their current prices and then maybe a small increment each year until the Gallowgate price is reached.  Further more, to eliminate the uncomfortable situation that people are not sitting together they may have allocated the seat numbers as they are now.  For example, transpose the numbers from one area to the other (Level 7 to Gallogate) and then inform fans that if they don't want this seat then they can apply to have another and the cluib do all they can to help them find this.

I really think it could have become so much simpler than it is and above is just an example and obviously will have it's flaws.

All I'm trying to say is that the Board should really have put a bit more thought into moving fans (if indeed they had to).  Such a shame really as the 10 year and discount are pretty good ideas and on the whole fans seem to be pleased (maybe wrong on that like!!).  it's a bit like tying your lace, if you don't get the final bit right then the first bit was pointless.

Surely they have ? The other option was lower leazes which would have meant more fans to move than a small section in the corner so that was the best option.

Guest The_Optimistic

Nobody likes to be moved from their seat.  A lot more thought should have went into how fans are going to react to this.  They should have sat around a table and put some proper thought into it.  In the event where somebody has to move (i.e. unavoidable) they should be doing all they can to minimise the discontent/pain.  An example of this could be to look for an area that could accomodate these fans.  The back of the Gallowgate is an ideal area as if you go on and look to purchase tickets for the Everton game its practically empty.  Minimise the pain of the increased cost by letting these fans have the first year at their current prices and then maybe a small increment each year until the Gallowgate price is reached.  Further more, to eliminate the uncomfortable situation that people are not sitting together they may have allocated the seat numbers as they are now.  For example, transpose the numbers from one area to the other (Level 7 to Gallogate) and then inform fans that if they don't want this seat then they can apply to have another and the cluib do all they can to help them find this.

I really think it could have become so much simpler than it is and above is just an example and obviously will have it's flaws.

All I'm trying to say is that the Board should really have put a bit more thought into moving fans (if indeed they had to).  Such a shame really as the 10 year and discount are pretty good ideas and on the whole fans seem to be pleased (maybe wrong on that like!!).  it's a bit like tying your lace, if you don't get the final bit right then the first bit was pointless.

Are you Ian Halloway in disguise?

I do think that the back of the Gallowgate is an idea.

Can't believe i'm actually going to say this but well done Ashley!

Didn't renew my season ticket this year but had one last year in the Championship (will have to check if I qualify for the discount) but after hearing this I will more than likely be getting a season ticket again next season. £46.50 a month for the Gallowgate (even if they don't give me the discount) fits in nicely with my budget as opposed to having to pay it all up front which would have been difficult, and the idea of a 10 year price freeze is incredible. In fact the more I think about it I will definately be getting a season ticket again next season.

I've been paying match by match this season. My Arsenal ticket was £35 and Bolton will be £25 when I get round to buying it meaning £60 in the month of February for match tickets. A steady £46.50 a month, with your own guaranteed seat, away match priority and membership thrown in seems like a far better option.

The only downside is the breaking up of the Leazes Corner. However, why don't the fans up there use this to their advantage? The Gallowgate Upper Tier is very short on season ticket holders these days and it would be superb if we could move them to there. A better view (in my opinion) and the low roof means the atmosphere would be terrific. I know it costs more there but they are giving you 12 months interest free and the chance to be paying the same amount for the next decade.

That's it cause at the minute you can't even hear the singing section so if they were say somewhere like that you could hear them again.

Guest Hong Kong Phooey

Are you Ian Halloway in disguise?

I do think that the back of the Gallowgate is an idea.

As I said, just an idea but they could have tried alittle harder IMO.

Anyhow Ian Holloway's funny, most people I know say I'm not!!!!!!!!

Didn't renew my season ticket this year but had one last year in the Championship (will have to check if I qualify for the discount) but after hearing this I will more than likely be getting a season ticket again next season. £46.50 a month for the Gallowgate (even if they don't give me the discount) fits in nicely with my budget as opposed to having to pay it all up front which would have been difficult, and the idea of a 10 year price freeze is incredible. In fact the more I think about it I will definately be getting a season ticket again next season.

I've been paying match by match this season. My Arsenal ticket was £35 and Bolton will be £25 when I get round to buying it meaning £60 in the month of February for match tickets. A steady £46.50 a month, with your own guaranteed seat, away match priority and membership thrown in seems like a far better option.

The only downside is the breaking up of the Leazes Corner. However, why don't the fans up there use this to their advantage? The Gallowgate Upper Tier is very short on season ticket holders these days and it would be superb if we could move them to there. A better view (in my opinion) and the low roof means the atmosphere would be terrific. I know it costs more there but they are giving you 12 months interest free and the chance to be paying the same amount for the next decade.

That's it cause at the minute you can't even hear the singing section so if they were say somewhere like that you could hear them again.

Exctly mate. I was in the singing section last season and when you are up there it sounds amazing. However this season i've been paying match by match and always go in the Gallowgate Corner and from there you can hardly really hear them. They would be much more effective in the Gallowgate.

Everyone views that in different ways.  Your right Fulham's support was bad, but they don't have a history for creating an atmosphere etc.  They should at least be applauded for turning up though as quite a few people who call themselves fans of a football club make no attempt to attend games and then criticise those who do turn up for various reasons.

Completely agree.

[Neesy commenting on Level 7 Ultras and lack of atmosphere]

Think this every time I go to SJP, which is why I rarely bother anymore.

:cheesy:

I'm honoured that you spend so much time following me around this forum, twisting my words and making a fool of yourself. I must really be an inspiration to you.

Well said, mate. Best solution to it, imo. Would mean it wouldn't be such a problem standing as well.

Btw- does being 19 years old qualify you as a 'Student' with our prices, or is a 'Student' only 18 years and under?

For a minute i thought the young persons section was people only aged 18-21 , like a club 18-30s :lol:

As i read it , ill be only paying £60 more to transfer from Level 7 to the Gallowgate next season (if i get the 20% discount, which i think i will), which i wanted to do before this came out. Fucking great news.

pretty much sums up this club, a lot of positives, but still manage to cock it up.

uprooting 1,500 fans ( me included, so i might be a little biased), forcing them to move to areas which are a lot more expensive and will not be the experience they want,  undermines the price fixing for me. but this dose not only affect those in the leazes corner, loads of people from areas like the east stand do not want to be surrounded by us lot shouting and screaming and singing for 90 minutes.

no idea where i'm going to find the extra money for my season ticket, somehow i know i will though, just cant give it up.

will miss level 7 ( been there for around a decade now), and will miss my seat and the banter, i only hope this improves the Gallowgate's atmosphere.

Only problem with the upper Gallowgate for me is i like to see the whole ground. Up there your view is a bit restricted.

Secondly the club should really think about making a new singing section. There are always empty seats in the lower levels of the North  West Corner i think it is? Infact Generally the Leazes has empty seats here and there.

And of course the price for a lad at school is going to be steep :/

I'm not sure at all :(

pretty much sums up this club, a lot of positives, but still manage to cock it up.

uprooting 1,500 fans ( me included, so i might be a little biased), forcing them to move to areas which are a lot more expensive and will not be the experience they want,  undermines the price fixing for me. but this dose not only affect those in the leazes corner, loads of people from areas like the east stand do not want to be surrounded by us lot shouting and screaming and singing for 90 minutes.

no idea where i'm going to find the extra money for my season ticket, somehow i know i will though, just cant give it up.

will miss level 7 ( been there for around a decade now), and will miss my seat and the banter, i only hope this improves the Gallowgate's atmosphere.

Poor them , they can suck my bellend.

This completely. I've been up there since 2001/02 when i was only a bairn. Going to be hard for me. So many memories.

Yes the Gallowgate may improve but it would be great if we could ALL just transfer there if we want to. This means the atmosphere is kept. Otherwise i can see everybody moving into different seats and the atmosphere being dead.

Everyone views that in different ways.  Your right Fulham's support was bad, but they don't have a history for creating an atmosphere etc.  They should at least be applauded for turning up though as quite a few people who call themselves fans of a football club make no attempt to attend games and then criticise those who do turn up for various reasons.

Completely agree.

[Neesy commenting on Level 7 Ultras and lack of atmosphere]

Think this every time I go to SJP, which is why I rarely bother anymore.

:cheesy:

I'm honoured that you spend so much time following me around this forum, twisting my words and making a fool of yourself. I must really be an inspiration to you.

It was two pages back in the same thread, a post you'd made during the same conversation :thup:

Guest jonlane86

I've been umming and arring about ST renewals due to finances.....

The new plans mean that the DD payment I have been paying comes down by about £9-10 a month even though the price of my ticket has gone up (due to the monthly payments being 12 rather than 10 under the previous scheme).

It also means that if I decided to move which I had been looking at the payment would go down to £40.

I think the fact this announcement follows one of the most memorable matches at SJP for a long long time makes it an easier decision to make.  Also the 10 year price freeze is a great way of rewarding supporters - bear in mind we haven't had a price rise for the last 3-4 years anyway.

More to the point it's a good business decision because it brings a regular monthly income from ST sales rather than lump sums - so more sensible accounting.

The 'Young Area' is mostly the 'Leazes Corner' people anyway, and for those who it doesn't apply to I agree that the top of the Gallowgate is a good idea for relocation, because as mentioned the noise is more likely to stay in the ground and create more of an atmosphere.  I'm of the opinion that the 'Leazes Corner' was something created by the fans and embraced later by the club, and maybe this is a blessing in disguise - Look for relocation at the top of the Gallowgate!!

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

I know people are gutted about lvl7, but Strawberry Corner has a decent 'singing section'. If you were to move to Upper Gallowgate, you'd be working with them too!