Season Tickets

Guest BooBoo

We should not need a singing end to create atmosphere.  I've said this before this season, but why do so many NUFC fans rely on others to start an atmosphere.  You should be trying to create an atmosphere for every game as we have proven on many occasions the crowd can be the 12th man.

I agree that the singing end with the Toon Ultras was full of twats.

How can you try to create an atmosphere when you walk out of the ground when the team are 3-0 down?

We should not need a singing end to create atmosphere.  I've said this before this season, but why do so many NUFC fans rely on others to start an atmosphere.  You should be trying to create an atmosphere for every game as we have proven on many occasions the crowd can be the 12th man.

Think this every time I go to SJP, which is why I rarely bother anymore. Away matches are far more worthwhile.

Think this every time I go to SJP, which is why I rarely bother anymore. Away matches are far more worthwhile.

:lol:

Fact is £30 seems a damn right rip off when you can go to Germany and watch a game for a tenner.  No wonder why there teams get big attendances and are able to fill out there stadiums quite easy.

What on earth does any of that have to do with NUFC charging for season tickets to watch English Premierleague matches in one of Europe's premiere stadiums?

I'm saying that English fans pay 3x more compared to our European counterparts in Germany and more teams should look at cutting ticket prices to increase attendances.  Germany has the highest average attendance in Europe beating the EPL by 7,000 each game.

Though this is a topic for another thread.

i honestly dont think the likes of wigan and blackburn would fill there stadiums if tickets were a tenner, Maybe attendances would go up for a while if it happened but once the novelty wore off it would be about the same.

I think you're talking shit. Singing area is the only bit of the ground that seems to give a toss most of the time bar a small section of the Gallowgate

I think you're talking shit. Singing area is the only bit of the ground that seems to give a toss most of the time bar a small section of the Gallowgate

Agreed.

Agreed.

When did you give up your ST Colocho?

Livid the singing section is being removed. We create the SJP atmosphere single handly, if it wasn't for us the rest of the crowd would be in silence the majority of the game. Sir John Hall Level 7 is not going to be the same with having a family enclosure right beside away fans. What a ludricous decision this is!

Shouldn't have sang nasty songs about the owner then :nope:

A section of wankers start chants about Hughton and Ashley (only when the team is losing) so the whole singing section gets bumped. Hardly justifies the decision.

to be fair, it happens when we are winning as well.

Prime example, Arsenal, 2 3 and 4-0 down, chants for Hughton, chants for get out of our club, second half 4-2 4-3 4-4, not one Chris Hughton or Mike Ashley song.  Absolute wankers who sing these sort of chants.

i heard it not long after full time against arsenal near where i was stood. 

and "absolute wankers who sing these sort of chants"  ... .we all hate the man.. what do you want people to do stand and sing " we love you ashley we do"??? .. or stand and pretend he aint there, or just go on as if hes doing an amazing job ???

or do what fans do and voice their opinions and feelings?

Yeah exactly after the full time whistle or outside the ground, voice all you like, but at the match get behind the players on the pitch, i doubt they want to be hearing chants for Hughton when they are trying to play for Pardew. I certainly don't think Pardew wants Hughton chants being sung when he's trying to galvinise the team's spirit 4-0 down. Just pathetic singing for a former manager who is well gone!

Livid the singing section is being removed. We create the SJP atmosphere single handly, if it wasn't for us the rest of the crowd would be in silence the majority of the game. Sir John Hall Level 7 is not going to be the same with having a family enclosure right beside away fans. What a ludricous decision this is!

A section of wankers start chants about Hughton and Ashley (only when the team is losing) so the whole singing section gets bumped. Hardly justifies the decision.

Prime example, Arsenal, 2 3 and 4-0 down, chants for Hughton, chants for get out of our club, second half 4-2 4-3 4-4, not one Chris Hughton or Mike Ashley song.  Absolute wankers who sing these sort of chants.

and "absolute wankers who sing these sort of chants"  ... .we all hate the man.. what do you want people to do stand and sing " we love you ashley we do"??? .. or stand and pretend he aint there, or just go on as if hes doing an amazing job ???

Yeah exactly after the full time whistle or outside the ground, voice all you like, but at the match get behind the players on the pitch, i doubt they want to be hearing chants for Hughton when they are trying to play for Pardew. I certainly don't think Pardew wants Hughton chants being sung when he's trying to galvinise the team's spirit 4-0 down. Just pathetic singing for a former manager who is well gone!

I agree, the CH chants were pathetic.

I think you're talking s***. Singing area is the only bit of the ground that seems to give a toss most of the time bar a small section of the Gallowgate

Agreed.

Haway man, you may be justified in trying to put a pessimistic negative spin on everything that happens at Newcastle to further your campaign, but you just said a couple of posts ago that you hardly ever attend SJP, so how can you comment on what the atmosphere is like ?

I agree, the CH chants were pathetic.

In fairness it was a very muted chant and it was instantly drowned out by boos and whistles.

Guest toonlass

There are noticeably less "we don't care about Ashley" "Get out of our club" chants, and far fewer people joining in when they do start, up in the Leazes corner. Personally I don't join in with them when they start.

The crowd are generally led by events on the pitch. We do not need a specific singing section.

I think you're talking s***. Singing area is the only bit of the ground that seems to give a toss most of the time bar a small section of the Gallowgate

Agreed.

Haway man, you may be justified in trying to put a pessimistic negative spin on everything that happens at Newcastle to further your campaign, but you just said a couple of posts ago that you hardly ever attend SJP, so how can you comment on what the atmosphere is like ?

Of course I can comment on what the atmosphere is like. I've been to SJP 5 times this season, haven't been since Hughton was sacked. Even when we were beating Villa 4-0 the atmosphere was weak. The Blackpool match, I felt embarassed to be a Newcastle fan, 48,000 of our fans and 4,000 Blackpool supporters put us to shame.

I've been to 9/10 away matches a season for 3 or 4 years now. I'd rather spend my time, effort and money on going to away matches than St James', that's just what I prefer. How's that putting a negative spin on things? Muppet.

Agreed.

I was beginning to think I was the only one who'd noticed...

That's a very smart plan for the future and seems to place the interests of supporters first.

It's an excellent idea to get season tickets sold for next year, there's no question about it, and it's a very good deal for ST holders, but I think it's more a short term fix to try and sell STs for next season despite the current disillusionment with the club rather than a smart plan for the long term future. I'd think most ST holders will take it up - there's only a 1 year tie-in - but longer term, in 5+ years time, we could be left behind other clubs with smaller crowds in match day revenues. Especially as we'll be in the Champions League and competing for the title by then. :harry:

Matchday revenue should still be £30m+, so at a modest 3% compound interest that's potentially (very roughly) £7m revenue lost in 2019, £8m in 2020, £9m in 2011, £10m in 2022.

It's an act borne of necessity rather than an altruistic move, and indicates we'll be trying to keep attendances up through price cuts (in real terms) rather than increasing the desire to go whatever the cost. It's a shame that wont be the case, but taking that into consideration this is a decent move in the circumstances, and quite frankly if it's to the benefit of match going supporters and keeps attendances up, it's better than the alternative of seeing a half empty St James' for a lot of less attractive league games next season.

The crowd are generally led by events on the pitch. We do not need a specific singing section.

This.

I don't think the singing section actually created a better atmosphere (that's to do with the build of the stadium) but it was great to have somewhere where fans who wanted to sing and stands all game could.

Iv just spoke to the box office about the 10 year season tickets and the people that will be moved. 

I was informed of the following,

• the new family section will take over 2 of the blocks that are currently occupied by "leazes corner" (blocks a and b).

• the next block or 2 (c and d) will then be occupied by the new young adults section.

• the away allocation is being increased so the away section will become bigger taking over blocks g and h.

• the remaining two blocks will most likely be used as overflow for the 18-21 section and away fans when needed.

• ALL adult season tickets in the L7 leazes corner will most likely be moving because of the above.

• we will be given priority seating anywhere else in the ground.

• applications will be in with us in the next 7 days.

• if you want to stay sat with someone you will have to provide a letter with their supporter number as we will not be moved to seats with the people we are sat with now like last time unless specified.

Guest The_Optimistic

Iv just spoke to the box office about the 10 year season tickets and the people that will be moved.

I was informed of the following,

the new family section will take over 2 of the blocks that are currently occupied by "leazes corner" (blocks a and b).

the next block or 2 (c and d) will then be occupied by the new young adults section.

the away allocation is being increased so the away section will become bigger taking over blocks g and h.

the remaining two blocks will most likely be used as overflow for the 18-21 section and away fans when needed.

ALL adult season tickets in the L7 leazes corner will most likely be moving because of the above.

we will be given priority seating anywhere else in the ground.

applications will be in with us in the next 7 days.

if you want to stay sat with someone you will have to provide a letter with their supporter number as we will not be moved to seats with the people we are sat with now like last time unless specified.

Good Work.

???

Seems stupid extending the away section and putting the young persons right next to them. Would love to see most the vocal take up the gallowgate like, the only problem with the corner was it was too far away. Although didn't a lot of people opt for the corner due to the price? Can't imagine they'll be happy being told they have to move and pay an extra couple hundred.