Season Tickets

Guest BooBoo

Its just for those who already got season tickets so thats a good move imo, sort of rewarding them for their support, i was going to get that new offer but then again i don't have any season tickets before that.

But it's not. It's rewarding their mates and family for the ST holder's support :lol:

Same thing man, we got more fans they get more of their friends and family to watch the club, don't get whats so negative about this news.

That i'm paying a s*** load more to have watched just 5 games in which we've played 3 category c games?

Its just for those who already got season tickets so thats a good move imo, sort of rewarding them for their support, i was going to get that new offer but then again i don't have any season tickets before that.

But it's not. It's rewarding their mates and family for the ST holder's support :lol:

Same thing man, we got more fans they get more of their friends and family to watch the club, don't get whats so negative about this news.

That i'm paying a s*** load more to have watched just 5 games in which we've played 3 category c games?

Yeah but they would've paid their ticket in full price + 50% of the new one, so thats just 25% less than what u paid per ticket.

wise move by the club imo, will increase season ticket holders quite a bit and with us shaping up to have a decent season hopefully they'll keep them on next year

At twice the cost? Why would you do that? Why not just wait and see if there's another offer like this? It's not like having a season ticket actually saves you much over individual match tickets anyway.

you'd keep them on at twice the cost so you could still have a season ticket, with no guarantee of another offer like this.

wise move by the club imo, will increase season ticket holders quite a bit and with us shaping up to have a decent season hopefully they'll keep them on next year

At twice the cost? Why would you do that? Why not just wait and see if there's another offer like this? It's not like having a season ticket actually saves you much over individual match tickets anyway.

you'd keep them on at twice the cost so you could still have a season ticket, with no guarantee of another offer like this.

But they didn't want/couldn't afford one at full price in the first place... :dontknow:

Deals on remaining home games are a pretty regular occurance IIRC, but this is very early for one IMO.

Guest The_Optimistic

Cracking deal, I'm all ready a ST holder but don't mind as long as we fill the stadium.

If you bought these tickets on General Sale it would cost around £420 i calculated so well worth it.  remember Man Utd will be £40 and the Mackems will be £45.

And never to be outdone...

Email from #safc which landed last night. Basically fans can buy an 11-match season ticket starting on Boxing Day at more than 50% cut.

3 minutes ago  from UberSocial for BlackBerry

Paul Fraser

But they didn't want/couldn't afford one at full price in the first place... :dontknow:

Deals on remaining home games are a pretty regular occurance IIRC, but this is very early for one IMO.

at the start of this season aye, things change. it's harder to not renew a ticket than it is to not get one in the first place, imo. (mentally, not financially, and especially given we're looking like having a canny season)

Guest The_Optimistic

If your family/friends you were buying it for had any decency they'd give you half the saving back anyway I suppose. :thup:

Or if you have one, but another one and sell to you mates for £20 a game,  Thats 2 pints paid for ; )

Really good idea. I originally gave mine up when Keegan went and wouldnt have one still other than the wife bought me one for our anniversary in August. I now can not imagine not being there again and am loving the whole match day experience again.

Hopefully this will tempt some more disgruntled back and they also get back into enjoying it again.

It's a great deal. Everyone win, fair play to Ashley for this.

I'm on the 10 year deal but I'm happy to see the stadium fill up with those who'd love to go but have felt priced out. If they buy the odd drink/ pie in the ground Ashley will be delighted.

I'm on the 10 year deal but I'm happy to see the stadium fill up with those who'd love to go but have felt priced out. If they buy the odd drink/ pie in the ground Ashley will be delighted.

He may have been if the previous administration hadn't sold the long term catering franchise before he arrived, for an up front payment which ended up God knows where. NUFC have not seen any of the match day catering revenues since then but I believe that contract ends this season so your point will be a good one from next season onwards.

I always wondered if the "pie boycotters" of the time realised this.

The initiative announced today is a positive one from a marketing point and also helps fans get in the ground at an affordable price. It's about the same as every scheduled flight, people on a plane sitting next to each other having paid hugely varying prices for their seats.

As an up front 3 season payer I'm just thinking how to make the best of it ?

He may have been if the previous administration hadn't sold the long term catering franchise before he arrived, for an up front payment which ended up God knows where. NUFC have not seen any of the match day catering revenues since then but I believe that contract ends this season so your point will be a good one from next season onwards.

I think you will find the deal with Sodexo was signed in November 2008.

Ashley bought the club in May 2007.

A little note for anyone who may have missed it:

3. Season ticket holders can move seat free of charge in order to be able to sit with friends and family that buy a new season ticket.

A little note for anyone who may have missed it:

3. Season ticket holders can move seat free of charge in order to be able to sit with friends and family that buy a new season ticket.

Ahhh thanks. Well thats much better.

I stand corrected if that is true. I was told by someone who should know that the deal was concluded by and the money went to the previous ownership.

I stand corrected if that is true. I was told by someone who should know that the deal was concluded by and the money went to the previous ownership.

http://uk.sodexo.com/uken/media-centre/releases-2008/newcastle-prestige.asp