SSN: Charles N'Zogbia to the mackems off

Tooj

They won't drop Nolan.

i dunno mate, i really wouldnt be surprised to see pardew move barton inside (and tiote's not going anywhere) he did it as soon as he came here and since carroll's left barton's been competent but largely ineffective because there's no-one to get on the end of his crosses.

Maybe the idea is to try and give ourselves options in case of injury/poor form?

Outrageous, I know, but the competition for places might actually be a good thing in some bizarre, twisted way.

I think IF we make the right signings then Nolan will be a coming off the bench player but I also think he knows and is happy with that fact.

Strength in depth, having a strong bench is a must if you want to progress and surely Nolan knows this. He knows he aint got the legs to start every game but would be superb to be a 30 min per game player.

Guest BooBoo

They won't drop Nolan.

i dunno mate, i really wouldnt be surprised to see pardew move barton inside (and tiote's not going anywhere) he did it as soon as he came here and since carroll's left barton's been competent but largely ineffective because there's no-one to get on the end of his crosses.

Barton's still an important player for us IMO. Even post Carroll, in the games we've won, Barton has generally had a very good game.

They won't drop Nolan.

Can see Barton or Gutierrez going this summer ...

Maybe

---------------Harps

Simo-----Colo-----Samba-------Jose

-----------Bart-------Tiote

---Zoggy-------------------Jonas---

-----------------HBA

----------------Rondon

:fwap:

:lol: edited.. to get you over the line

Guest Chubby Jason

It would make for a bit of a bizarre CV for him.

"Left NUFC to better myself at massive club in Wigan Athletic, returned to NUFC two years later". I think he's quite overrated to be honest but would still be our best winger by far.

Guest Stephen927

Very John Carver signing if true. IMO.

I think it's got a bit of Louis van Gaal in it.

Maybe

---------------Harps

Simo-----Colo-----Samba-------Jose

-----------Bart-------Tiote

---Zoggy-------------------Jonas---

-----------------HBA

----------------Rondon

:fwap:

:lol: edited.. to get you over the line

Thanks mate.

http://i377.photobucket.com/albums/oo216/guinnesslab/randy_marsh.jpg

waiting for Ronaldo and others to (rightly) come in and kick off about dropping Nolan tbh

Eh? Why I would I kick off about dropping Nolan?

dunno, thought you were of the opinion that dropping Nolan is crazy given his goals from midfield ratio

must be my mistake

waiting for Ronaldo and others to (rightly) come in and kick off about dropping Nolan tbh

He's only gone and got you mixed up with Stu. Crazy shit.

He's only gone and got you mixed up with Stu. Crazy shit.

i thought it was both of them

agree with Stu then, FWIW, however as someone else said it's a crazy idea but maybe some squad competition and depth in various areas might not be a bad idea :thup:

dunno, thought you were of the opinion that dropping Nolan is crazy given his goals from midfield ratio

must be my mistake

You are a fucking mistake.

must be my mistake

You are a fucking mistake.

:lol:

10k on that? :facepalm:

There's clearly been times this year when Jonas, Barton and Nolan in particular have looked knackered and in need of a rest, and we need to be able to give them that without having to rely on the likes of Lovenkrands, Smith, Guthrie and Ryan Taylor to come in and replace them.

If we could sign N'Zogbia we'd essentially have him, Jonas, Barton, Ben Arfa and Nolan competing for four spots (Tiote will start as DM, and we'll need a real center forward too) it's hardly a massive traffic jam, and whichever one we leave out we can still field a good side.

Out: N'Zogbia

LW: Jonas

CM: Nolan

RW: Barton

Free Role: Ben Arfa

Out: Jonas

LW: Zog

FR: HBA

Out: Barton

RW: Zog

Out: Nolan

CM: Barton

RW: Zog

Out: HBA

FR: Zog

We need depth in our squad, and signing N'Zogbia would be a great first step in building it.