SSN: Charles N'Zogbia to the mackems off

Tooj

Mark Douglas on twitter -  when asked if we were after him or not said we will know by the end of the week.

Hmmm. Hopefully it's good news like (not optimistic about that though).

Guest pont-toon

reading some of his tweets tonight it sounds like Douglas is leaning towards the makems as a likely destination

Sunderland are busy with other signings and selling Gyan

Everton need to sell Yobo and Yakubu first

Aston Villa don't even have a manager yet

It makes complete sense to bid for him now. Not saying that we haven't, but we really must do it now. At the minute only Liverpool might be in the way, but hopefully they want Mata and Adam instead.

The bid for Erdinç – believed to be around £6million – is being considered by PSG. Interest in Wigan Athletic’s ex-Newcastle flier Charles N’Zogbia has cooled, and a move for Gervinho – a long-time target – seems dead.

Read More http://www.journallive.co.uk/nufc/newcastle-united-news/2011/06/15/alan-pardew-on-a-european-mission-to-keep-nufc-stars-61634-28880079/2/#ixzz1PKUnU6tz

Lets hope that is not true.

Probably put off by the supposed price. I can't see Ashley being too pleased about paying double to buy back a player we already had.

Depends who else we now go after will depend if this is a good or bad thing.

For now it's a bad thing. One of the best wingers in the worlds best league.

Probably put off by the supposed price. I can't see Ashley being too pleased about paying double to buy back a player we already had.

obsessed by getting something for less than it's worth

In this case I think it could be justified tbh, but that depends entirely on who else we can get for the same money. I've always rated N'Zogbia but we can't (and probably shouldn't) get our hearts set on him coming back.

"Interest has cooled" sounds a bit terminal to me.

Was the most excited by this one actually, and the dynamism he could have brought.

Guess we are just not going to be pushing the boat out at all, it's got to be a bargain.

A readjustment of expectations day ahead.

Shame if we're not even pursuing this any further.

Time for Charlie-Boy to get his pet lip out and demand a move to us. Surely he must realise that a move to sunderland will make him dead in our eyes.

Time for Charlie-Boy to get his pet lip out and demand a move to us. Surely he must realise that a move to sunderland will make him dead in our eyes.

I can't see him going there.  It will be someone like Everton or Liverpool, probably second choice for Liverpool if they can't get the likes of Downing, who I think they've been linked with. 

I still think £12m is a ridiculous price for someone with only a year left on his contract.  I think most clubs will baulk at that figure and I can see him leaving for £8m.

I wouldn't say an unsupported hint in the local paper is worthy of getting to worried about TBH. Still think it would be a good solution for him and us to get him, but we'll see if the cost is going to put us off.

I can't see him going there.  It will be someone like Everton or Liverpool, probably second choice for Liverpool if they can't get the likes of Downing, who I think they've been linked with. 

I still think £12m is a ridiculous price for someone with only a year left on his contract.  I think most clubs will baulk at that figure and I can see him leaving for £8m.

Stop mentioning Everton! If we don't get him, they won't. And I can't see him playing second fiddle in any club..

this would explain the renewed interest in Barnetta but hopefully............

I dunno, I reckon Barnetta would be class for us like. Just my two pence worth like

I can see the interest cooling because his price is at an absolute premium, clubs know he's available and unless they're willing to pay that premium price then won't make a move either. The only clubs I see doing that are Liverpool and sunderland out of desperation. If those clubs don't act, then it becomes a waiting game because wigan have to sell.

It's a risky strategy, one that I think will back fire because I think sunderland in particular are desperate. This one could be a disaster for the PR.