SSN: Charles N'Zogbia to the mackems off

Tooj

£12m for a player in the last year of his contract is too much, man. I rarely complain about fees as I generally believe most people go for what they're worth (i.e. what at least one club/sometimes more than one club is willing to pay for them). If things get more reasonable we might still have a little snufty. Doesn't look like any of the top-four or Liverpool/Spurs are even considering him at the moment - although I appreciate that can change if they miss out on other targets.

If that remains the case then I'd imagine we'd be next in line if we went back in for him, unless someone does jump the gun and attempt to blow everyone else out of the water.

I still just can't wrap my head around them accepting £9 million from Birmingham less than a year ago and supposedly adding 25% of that onto the new rumoured fee when he's got half the time left on his deal. I know he had a very good season, but it's still flawed. Can see him going for less than £8m if people hold their nerve.

If he keeps them up again though and goes on a free he'll be worth more than £8-9m or whatever. Could also have a lot to do with Martinez being convinced to stay at the DW.

I'd love him back like, even for £10m. He'd be a proven, marked improvement on our first team in a number of positions.

"No 'Zogbia then?"

Douglas-

More tomorrow

As usual. Reckon it's bad news.

That because you're a proper morbid c***?

That's because I'm realistic you mong.

Realistic? You just take the negative side on everything. What reason is there to automatically assume its going to be bad news?

"No 'Zogbia then?"

Douglas-

More tomorrow

That's because I'm realistic you mong.

Realistic? You just take the negative side on everything. What reason is there to automatically assume its going to be bad news?

We just bought the exact type of player N'Zogbia is. Just slightly more injury prone and unproven.

"No 'Zogbia then?"

Douglas-

More tomorrow

It's not news he's asking the question. He has no idea. Just as he had no clue about Marveaux.

"No 'Zogbia then?"

Douglas-

More tomorrow

That because you're a proper morbid cunt?

Exactly. I can't believe how someone can be so negative.

I bet taxfree thought we'd never get Marveaux after Liverpool went for him, and the same with Ba and Everton. For whatever reason, we seem to be able to sign some decent/highly-rated players this window and we're not going for cast-offs from big clubs who are moving only for the money. The three guys we've signed so far are at the perfect age, yet to peak and all have mentioned how they're looking forward to the challenge. This is not Duff signing for us because Chelsea don't want him. We've signed three players who wanted to move on from their respective clubs and chose to move to us. I think that says a lot and I am quite optimistic that we can finish this window by signing another winger, a striker and a central midfielder - and replace anyone who leaves us - which will leave us with a starting eleven that can beat the likes of Liverpool and Spurs on our day. We don't have the squad to compete for 5th or 6th, but if we're lucky with injuries then it's not out of reach, at all.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Charles must be getting an itchy ringpiece seeing all his french chums joining

;D

Man, that was a mental image I didn't need this morning. Charles scuttle his arse across the carpet like a dog with an itchy arse. That's almost Aligupter levels.  :undecided:

"No 'Zogbia then?"

Douglas-

More tomorrow

I bet taxfree thought we'd never get Marveaux after Liverpool went for him, and the same with Ba and Everton. For whatever reason, we seem to be able to sign some decent/highly-rated players this window and we're not going for cast-offs from big clubs who are moving only for the money. The three guys we've signed so far are at the perfect age, yet to peak and all have mentioned how they're looking forward to the challenge. This is not Duff signing for us because Chelsea don't want him. We've signed three players who wanted to move on from their respective clubs and chose to move to us. I think that says a lot and I am quite optimistic that we can finish this window by signing another winger, a striker and a central midfielder - and replace anyone who leaves us - which will leave us with a starting eleven that can beat the likes of Liverpool and Spurs on our day. We don't have the squad to compete for 5th or 6th, but if we're lucky with injuries then it's not out of reach, at all.

We did beat Liverpool and very nearly Spurs last year.  I think what these signings wil hopefully give us (allied to others and hopefully not too many key departures) is the quality and squad depth to compete consistently

We sign someone on a free which immediately rules us out of trying to a buy another player of a similar style. God forbid we might try and add a bit of depth to the squad, or give us a few options (rotating wings etc). Fuck me.

You can already tell this is going to be one of those that drags out until deadline day.

Yep. And we get him for £7m because Wigan don't want to lose him for nothing in the next window.

I think we'll get him for sure if Liverpool get Mata/Downing.

"No 'Zogbia then?"

Douglas-

More tomorrow

Be so negative? It's not about that is it. Reason given before.

I bet you're wrong. Hell, I can prove you're wrong; http://www.newcastle-online.org/nufcforum/index.php/topic,76776.msg3017552.html#msg3017552

"No 'Zogbia then?"

Douglas-

More tomorrow

Be so negative? It's not about that is it. Reason given before.

I bet you're wrong. Hell, I can prove you're wrong; http://www.newcastle-online.org/nufcforum/index.php/topic,76776.msg3017552.html#msg3017552

Regardless, the way this window has gone (so far) should be making all of us more optimistic about the future of the club, yet every other post of yours is you complaining.

So you were more optimistic when we had Barton, Nolan and Best as guaranteed starters then? Right.

That has nothing to do with anything. Big changes calls for different concerns.All in all, I'm happy about what has been done so far.