SSN: Charles N'Zogbia to the mackems off

Tooj

Douglas, cackling away to himself manicly leans back in his chair...

"Lee, do you think it would be funny if we contradicted each other in our seperate papers?"

Ryder, with a wry smile on his face turns and says

"Yes Mark, we haven't done that for a while have we...it's been at least 2 days..."

Douglas:

"Champion, what shite shall we confuse our readers with today?"

Ryder, reaches into his draw, pulls out a random slip of paper which simply states 'Wages'

"I think this will do Mark, we went with 'Transfer Fee' being the issue last week."

Douglas:

"Champion.  Fancy a pint after working so hard?"

Ryder

"I'd prefer a stiff cock instead!".

Etc etc.

Todays Journal:

Wigan’s Charles N’Zogbia, who has made it known he is keen on returning to United, has priced himself out of a move to Tyneside with his excessive wage demands.

Todays Chronicle:

Sources close to Charles N’Zogbia have also re-iterated wages are not the issue holding up a possible return by him to Tyneside.

:dowie:

They do their very best to shoot down any credibility they build up, like.  :lol:

Todays Journal:

Wigan’s Charles N’Zogbia, who has made it known he is keen on returning to United, has priced himself out of a move to Tyneside with his excessive wage demands.

Todays Chronicle:

Sources close to Charles N’Zogbia have also re-iterated wages are not the issue holding up a possible return by him to Tyneside.

tbf those sources close to him are unlikely to say "aye he's asking for too much"

Todays Journal:

Todays Chronicle:

They do their very best to shoot down any credibility they build up, like.  :lol:

Boelcke_Jasta2 Oswald Boelcke

@

@MsiDouglas Todays Chronicle.. Sources close to Charles N’Zogbia have also re-iterated wages are not the issue. Howay Mark whats going on???

@MsiDouglas

Mark Douglas

@Boelcke_Jasta2 It is what it is. Probably speaking to different ppl. Transfers are a complicated business!

They certainly are Mark, they certainly are. Fuck me. :lol:

Guest johnson293

I also asked Douglas about the contradictions in the stories. His reply...

"2 separate stories: there you go"

:doh:

I also sent him a link to mattypnufc's post above, but he claimed he couldn't access the link.  :rolleyes:

I also sent him a link to mattypnufc's post above, but he claimed he couldn't access the link.  :rolleyes:

there isn't really a contradiction in the reporting.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

I also sent him a link to mattypnufc's post above, but he claimed he couldn't access the link:rolleyes:

I know I had to sign in to view the board while on holiday, never realised until then that it was a 'private' board (one that requires an account to browse).

I just fail to comprehen how two people, in the same office, essentially working on the same stories, can't talk to each other. 

If I didn't speak to my colleage, we'd both end up trying to fix the same PC's/Network/Servers every day.

well there isn't, the first story is reporting a story from one source, the second story is reporting what ammounts to a a rebuttal.

Guest Antec

Lee Ryder

@lee_ryder Lee Ryder

@Boelcke_Jasta2 It's well known that the issue with Zog is the fee - not wages.

Guest johnson293

I just fail to comprehen how two people, in the same office, essentially working on the same stories, can't talk to each other.

If I didn't speak to my colleage, we'd both end up trying to fix the same PC's/Network/Servers every day.

Just asked him that too (in not so many words), and he replied... "That's the dynamics of the newsroom"

Maybe their desks are quite far apart?  :snod:

Lee Ryder

@lee_ryder Lee Ryder

Then it's settled. If we don't buy him we're f***ing stupid  :thup:

would it not depend on what the fee is ?

Guest Antec

Lee Ryder

@lee_ryder Lee Ryder

Then it's settled. If we don't buy him we're fucking stupid  :thup:

If we're waiting for the fee to come down it's a risky, but understandable strategy

Lee Ryder

@lee_ryder Lee Ryder

Then it's settled. If we don't buy him we're fucking stupid  :thup:

And yet Douglas says otherwise.

I don't care how far apart their desks are, there is only one way to sort this shit out....

http://cdn.caughtoffside.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/Harry-Hill-Fight-AP-WDC5.jpg

If we think N'Zogbia is set on coming here, we might not decide to move until someone else meets the fee. If they don't, we can open negotiations in January and get him on a free at the end of his contract.

Not saying I would do that, I would rather he joined now, but I could see that being the club's strategy.

If we think N'Zogbia is set on coming here, we might not decide to move until someone else meets the fee. If they don't, we can open negotiations in January and get him on a free at the end of his contract.

Not saying I would do that, I would rather he joined now, but I could see that being the club's strategy.

Available on a free he'd have endless suitors, though.

especially since we've signed Marveaux and Barton may well be staying as well. Whether Zog wants to wait another year is another matter and why we might miss out as a result.