Realistic Transfer Targets Summer 2011

LucaAltieri

Not argueing that Barton hasnt been class but we dont actually have an official right winger.  This would strengthen the team and allow Barton to play centre mid if needed.... You know... Like in our next game

Barton is playing the best football of his career at right midfield, why would you want to change it?

Guest Roger Kint

Not argueing that Barton hasnt been class but we dont actually have an official right winger.  This would strengthen the team and allow Barton to play centre mid if needed.... You know... Like in our next game

Barton is playing the best football of his career at right midfield, why would you want to change it?

Did you even read his reason?

Yes he wants to spend big money on a postion that isn't a priority, meanwhile move our best player into a postiton where he has never performed for us.

To join an earlier debate. I'd definitely take a punt on Bendtner for <£10m, that'd be great business. Abso-bloody-lutely. Doubt he'd be available, but if we're looking around the Premier League's forwards, he'd be one of the first i'd slap a double-figures bid down for.

mate, gob-smacked. he's awful

As far as goals-to-starts go, his record is just shorter than one and two. Make him the big fish he (clearly) so desperately needs to be, and i reckon he'll shine. He's a good player - never, ever awful. Plus he works as a target man, which will be very useful if Ben Arfa is being deployed in Nolan's hole.

:lol:

ok, perhaps not awful. he reminds me a bit of martins with the constant flicks that never work, ameobi in looking uncoordinated and someone like zoltan gera in occasionally smashing in a beauty. i certainly wouldnt want to build a team around him like, that might just be prejudice but its based on watching him and thinking he's just not that good.

Agree to disagree with you. I think he's technically good and he's always scored goals. Was class up here in the Carling Cup earlier in the season, but it's not that much of testimony, i'll concede. Personally think Bendtner and Ben Arfa sounds pretty mouth-watering. Atleast Barton would have something to consistently aim for again.

To join an earlier debate. I'd definitely take a punt on Bendtner for <£10m, that'd be great business. Abso-bloody-lutely. Doubt he'd be available, but if we're looking around the Premier League's forwards, he'd be one of the first i'd slap a double-figures bid down for.

mate, gob-smacked. he's awful

As far as goals-to-starts go, his record is just shorter than one and two. Make him the big fish he (clearly) so desperately needs to be, and i reckon he'll shine. He's a good player - never, ever awful. Plus he works as a target man, which will be very useful if Ben Arfa is being deployed in Nolan's hole.

:lol:

ok, perhaps not awful. he reminds me a bit of martins with the constant flicks that never work, ameobi in looking uncoordinated and someone like zoltan gera in occasionally smashing in a beauty. i certainly wouldnt want to build a team around him like, that might just be prejudice but its based on watching him and thinking he's just not that good.

Agree to disagree with you. I think he's technically good and he's always scored goals. Was class up here in the Carling Cup earlier in the season, but it's not that much of testimony, i'll concede. Personally think Bendtner and Ben Arfa sounds pretty mouth-watering. Atleast Barton would have something to consistently aim for again.

fair enough man, its just one of those things. i've spent so long laughing at him it'd take an almighty effort to think it was a good signing.

Guest Roger Kint

Yes he wants to spend big money on a postion that isn't a priority, meanwhile move our best player into a postiton where he has never performed for us.

Are the words IF NEEDED not appearing on your screen? Our next game we dont have Nolan, Tiote or Ireland(yeah i know) so it would be quite good to have someone good to cover Barton when he moves inside. Its pretty obvious.

Are the words IF NEEDED not appearing on your screen? Our next game we dont have Nolan, Tiote or Ireland(yeah i know) so it would be quite good to have someone good to cover Barton when he moves inside. Its pretty obvious.

What i am saying is i would spend big money on priority positions before spending big money on someone to warm the bench.

Guest Roger Kint

It doesnt have to be big money though, decent back up better than Raylor shouldnt cost too much.The idea of spending £7m+ is obviously stupid but the idea is right.

It doesnt have to be big money though, decent back up better than Raylor shouldnt cost too much.The idea of spending £7m+ is obviously stupid but the idea is right.

That was the whole reason for contesting it. Did you even read his posts? :razz:

Guest Roger Kint

I'd rather sign a genuinely quality left-winger and have Jonas as back up to both sides.

That works just as well for me, same with back up to Tiote. Shouldnt be going into next season without any cover for all positions like we have for too many seasons.

Guest Roger Kint

That was the whole reason for contesting it. Did you even read his posts? :razz:

His theory was good, just the cost was daft.

If Wigan go down we should definately look at Rodallega, like. He's scoring at a relatively consistent rate in a side with only one stand-out player, I think he'd be a good option for us to have.

Guest sicko2ndbest

Ideal Transfer Activity

Out

Smith

Raylor

Loven

In

Gervinho

Jarvis

Sturridge

Elia

Samba

Ideal Transfer Activity

Out

Smith

Raylor

Loven

In

Gervinho

Jarvis

Sturridge

Elia

Samba

http://www.nintendojo.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/07/scrn_kirbysDreamland2-01.jpg

Guest sicko2ndbest

Ideal Transfer Activity

Out

Smith - £1mill

Raylor - £1mill

Loven - £0,5mill

In

Gervinho - £10mill

Jarvis - £8mill

Sturridge - £10mill

Elia - £12mill

Samba - £10mill

Realistic?  :laugh:

Ideal?

Ideal Transfer Activity

Out

Smith - £1mill

Raylor - £1mill

Loven - £0,5mill

In

Gervinho - £10mill

Jarvis - £8mill

Sturridge - £10mill

Elia - £12mill

Samba - £10mill

Ideal?

Topic: Realistic Transfer Targets Summer 2011

Guest sicko2ndbest

Ideal Transfer Activity

Out

Smith - £1mill

Raylor - £1mill

Loven - £0,5mill

In

Gervinho - £10mill

Jarvis - £8mill

Sturridge - £10mill

Elia - £12mill

Samba - £10mill

Ideal?

Topic: Realistic Transfer Targets Summer 2011

Idea of a forum: Express your opinion in the thread you feel is most appropriate

BTW, dont think too many of those names are unrealistic. Maybe Elia?

You reckon Jeremy Menez would be TOTALLY unrealistic? One would think so, but his contract expires next season if im not wrong.

He has also stated that he doesn't feel loved/respected as much as other players and that he might leave after this season, there's probably bigger clubs after him.

But who knows, we got Ben Arfa. Wasn't there some quotes about other players in the french squad telling Barfa that they would like us to bid for them or something like that? Not saying that Menez is one of them or anythng but the way we have treated King Arfa could work in our favour with them knowing how well we've taken care of him.

One can dream i guess, would love to see him in a toon shirt :)

You reckon Jeremy Menez would be TOTALLY unrealistic? One would think so, but his contract expires next season if im not wrong.

He has also stated that he doesn't feel loved/respected as much as other players and that he might leave after this season, there's probably bigger clubs after him.

But who knows, we got Ben Arfa. Wasn't there some quotes about other players in the french squad telling Barfa that they would like us to bid for them or something like that? Not saying that Menez is one of them or anythng but the way we have treated King Arfa could work in our favour with them knowing how well we've taken care of him.

One can dream i guess, would love to see him in a toon shirt :)

What quotes?