Realistic Transfer Targets Summer 2011

LucaAltieri

You reckon Jeremy Menez would be TOTALLY unrealistic? One would think so, but his contract expires next season if im not wrong.

He has also stated that he doesn't feel loved/respected as much as other players and that he might leave after this season, there's probably bigger clubs after him.

But who knows, we got Ben Arfa. Wasn't there some quotes about other players in the french squad telling Barfa that they would like us to bid for them or something like that? Not saying that Menez is one of them or anythng but the way we have treated King Arfa could work in our favour with them knowing how well we've taken care of him.

One can dream i guess, would love to see him in a toon shirt :)

What quotes?

Carr, in the sundaysun interview.

You reckon Jeremy Menez would be TOTALLY unrealistic? One would think so, but his contract expires next season if im not wrong.

He has also stated that he doesn't feel loved/respected as much as other players and that he might leave after this season, there's probably bigger clubs after him.

But who knows, we got Ben Arfa. Wasn't there some quotes about other players in the french squad telling Barfa that they would like us to bid for them or something like that? Not saying that Menez is one of them or anythng but the way we have treated King Arfa could work in our favour with them knowing how well we've taken care of him.

I would love to see him play for us as well. Why would he consider leaving Roma to join us? Please answer that for me.

Thread title: Realistic Transfer Targets Summer 2011.

What quotes?

Carr, in the sundaysun interview.

Some guy on the three legends was on about this last night, reckons our reputation has gone right up in France because of how well we have looked after Ben Arfa.

Anyone seen Rondon at Malaga before? Look like they will be relegated this year. 21 year old Venezuelan with a lot of skill.

Rondon looks very promising actually, but he'd cost a lot. Also think Caicedo has done well at Levante too.

I'd happy if we got rid of the shit and bought a COUPLE of much improved players, it doesn't take a genius to work out we aren't going to get on a spending spree on bring in 5 good players. This is the board we've got and as long as it's progress I'm happy.

Anyone seen Rondon at Malaga before? Look like they will be relegated this year. 21 year old Venezuelan with a lot of skill.

He's been linked in the papers this morning. I wouldn't say he's that skillful as such, but he's a very strong, powerful target man type who knows where the goal is and has decent pace. Ready made for the Prem in that sense. He has a 1 in 2 record for one of the worst teams in La Liga, outscoring the likes of Aguero, Forlan, Nilmar, Fabiano, Benzema etc.

Oh aye and at just 21 too, very impressive.

Rondon looks very promising actually, but he'd cost a lot. Also think Caicedo has done well at Levante too.

Good shout on Caicedo. Would be a cheaper option.

Levante have an option to buy Caicedo for €1 million (£840,000), and are expected to use this option, with a view to selling him again if a club matches their €5m (£4.2m) asking price.

Levante have an option to buy Caicedo for 1 million (£840,000), and are expected to use this option, with a view to selling him again if a club matches their 5m (£4.2m) asking price.

Can Caicedo not just turn them down?

Levante have an option to buy Caicedo for 1 million (£840,000), and are expected to use this option, with a view to selling him again if a club matches their 5m (£4.2m) asking price.

Can Caicedo not just turn them down?

He could but I think what'll happen is basically Levante will accept the bid they receive from Caicedo as soon as they get him so effectively the team he moves on to pays City as Levante are flat broke. He'd have to be a bit of dick to turn them down as they've really put him in the shop window this season.

Guest palnese

Bassong's only played a dozen or so games in the league despite King & Woodgate's injuries, would anyone take him back if Spurs were selling?

Yes. Better than what we've got, Colo excluded.