Realistic Transfer Targets Summer 2011

LucaAltieri

The very thought of Smith upfront now makes me want to howl with laughter and weep at the same time.

I actually want to see him upfront against Chelsea purely for comedic reasons, Terry and Luiz will quake in their boots :lol:

The very thought of Smith upfront now makes me want to howl with laughter and weep at the same time.

I actually want to see him upfront against Chelsea purely for comedic reasons, Terry and Luiz will quake in their boots :lol:

I always thought he was prolific for Leeds, but looking at his stats, he wasn't good then either.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

Actually, come to think of it he played in midfield on that Bolton game which would have been his debut. I still have vivid memories of him floundering about upfront though.

What an awful player he is. Didn't have a bad debut though iirc.

Neil/1878, how would a bid for Billy go down? The lad clearly has talent but doesn't seem to be in Moye's first team thoughts.

I think Moyes would snap your hand off for half our money back. Most fans would be happy to see the back of him as well.

Good technique and a great shot on him but spends 99% of his time doing absolutely fuck all. Really slow & weak too.

The thing is, Russian clubs are minted so you'd always have an option there to sell him back.

Apparently Rubin Kazan tried to buy him in Jan but he wasn't interested.

I think Vaughan from Blackpool and Jarvis from Wolves would make excellent additions and help retain the side's character, which is as important as signing good players.

Guest Roger Kint

Steven Fletcher? He'll be cheap and worth a punt.  Better than anything we've got at the moment.

He cost Wolves £7m. What do you class as cheap? Bound to want over £10m especially if they stay up.

Steven Fletcher? He'll be cheap and worth a punt.  Better than anything we've got at the moment.

Is "better than anything we`ve got at the moment" good enough for you though?

I see names like Kevin Doyle and Fletcher mentioned but I think they are very average players at best. Yes they are a bit better than Shola and Loven but that`s not difficult is it? they haven`t exactly been that impressive goalwise in the Prem League and I do think think we can aim a *little higher* as we have the money (cough :lol: ), of course I`m not expecting a Radomel Falcao, David Villa, Higuain through the door either. Not really in favour of us going for a typical English centre forward/target man....rather someone a bit more mobile/pacey.

Guest michaelfoster

Shola gets the fans off their seats though.

Usually to duck so they don't get hit by one of his shots though

I know I have banged this drum a bit, but with Almería relegated Piatti should go for peanuts, and he's just been called up to the Argentina squad.

Apparently Málaga are in talks to get him though, and they are well oiled (pun).