Realistic Transfer Targets Summer 2011

LucaAltieri

Just read this on Toontastic and never actually thought about it before now.

The only strikers we've bought since Ashley took over the club are Leon Best and Xisco. :lol:

The only strikers we've bought since Ashley took over the club are Leon Best and Xisco. :lol:

That's abysmal.

:lol:

Wow.

Edit: Smith was originally bought as a striker. Even funnier.

Guest Roger Kint

Well, there is Nile Ranger

:facepalm:

I assumed the key word was BOUGHT, as Loven & Ranger were frees

Wow.

Says who?

Not so surprising if you think about it. Strikers are the most expensive commodities in the game because finding one who can deliver at the top level is beyond a lot of managers. Wenger's teams look crap when Van Persie is injured for example.

Wow.

Says who?

I might be wrong but didn't he start like his first 10 games for us there?

Guest Roger Kint

Actually, come to think of it he played in midfield on that Bolton game which would have been his debut. I still have vivid memories of him floundering about upfront though.

He did for a few games - Arsenal at home(MOTM iirc) and the games either side ring a bell, probably Nov/Dec 07 time?

Actually, come to think of it he played in midfield on that Bolton game which would have been his debut. I still have vivid memories of him floundering about upfront though.

He did for a few games - Arsenal at home(MOTM iirc) and the games either side ring a bell, probably Nov/Dec 07 time?

I'm convinced he played a good few games alongside Martins.

The very thought of Smith upfront now makes me want to howl with laughter and weep at the same time.

If he has to play on Sunday, I'd rather play him up front than in midfield. Keep him as far away from our goal as possible.

I'm convinced he played a good few games alongside Martins.

I recall some horrifyingly bad performances from him playing right mid when he first joined.