Realistic Transfer Targets Summer 2011

LucaAltieri

Anyone of our Icelandic members here who can check out this story?

Nothing about it here. Us and Fulham were both very interested in him before he moved to Hoffenheim though (according to his former manager or agent, I can´t remember which) so it wouldn´t come out of the blue. Gylfi isn´t happy at how often he´s been on the bench, even after the sale of Luiz Gustavo he still doesn´t start that many games. In addition Demba Ba was his best mate over there, his sale and the resigning of Ralf Rangnick haven´t had good affect on him.

Nothing about it here. Us and Fulham were both very interested in him before he moved to Hoffenheim though (according to his former manager or agent, I can´t remember which) so it wouldn´t come out of the blue. Gylfi isn´t happy at how often he´s been on the bench, even after the sale of Luiz Gustavo he still doesn´t start that many games. In addition Demba Ba was his best mate over there, his sale and the resigning of Ralf Rangnick haven´t had good affect on him.

Missed the boat there I think. Should've gone in the summer. He was class at Reading.

Missed the boat there I think. Should've gone in the summer. He was class at Reading.

Yep. If he decides to move he'll have plenty of options to choose from, especially if he does well in the Euro U-21 this summer. People should check out his goals for the Icelandic u21 against Scotland in the qualifying playoff games.

Never seen the fuss about him tbh. Not sure where he'd fit into our side either, and I doubt he'd come to be a squad player when he could get that at Spurs or first-team football elsewhere.

He's specifically said he doesn't want to be just a squad player. We'd have been happy to keep him as that.

Gylfi Sigurdsson would be a great signing. I championed him on here when he was doing the business for Reading.

Indeed you were. I remember backing you up on that.

Fuck knows how he isn't getting a game at Hoffenheim when he has 7 in 16 in the Bundesliga and they're listing aimlessly in mid-table.

IN

Gervinho

Ireland

Lens

cover 4 Enrique

Larsson or Kranjcar or both

OUT

Kuqi

Lovenkrands

Zamblera

Xisco

Campbell

Perch

Routledge

One glaring omission from the OUT list... :lol:

Harper

Simpson  Williamson  Coloccini  Enrique

Barton Ireland Tiote  Jonas

Gervinho   HBA

subs

Krul

Raylor  Saylor  Tavernier  Ferguson

Larsson  Nolan  Smith  Kranjcar

Lens  Best

:laugh: I DREAM

Exactly, midds.

How anybody can watch the talentless dross our squad players serve up and not want them actively replaced is mad, tbh.

Here we go, putting words into my mouth that I haven't said.

I don't want to limit the quality coming into the club. I want to ensure that while good players like Ben Arfa and others come in from abroad, we sign Premier League players too of the standard of Samba or Hangeland.

People have forgotten the number of players who in the past have come from abroad with big reputations and yet failed to settle at this club. We need to get the balance right and should be paying that extra premium for good Premier League players where possible.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

Harper

Gervinho  HBA

subs

Krul

Lens  Best

Fucking hell.

Exactly, midds.

How anybody can watch the talentless dross our squad players serve up and not want them actively replaced is mad, tbh.

I don't want to limit the quality coming into the club. I want to ensure that while good players like Ben Arfa and others come in from abroad, we sign Premier League players too of the standard of Samba or Hangeland.

People have forgotten the number of players who in the past have come from abroad with big reputations and yet failed to settle at this club. We need to get the balance right and should be paying that extra premium for good Premier League players where possible.

We have a limited budget and buying Premier League based players just equates to being ripped off.

Harper

Gervinho  HBA

subs

Krul

Lens  Best

f***ing hell.

lol

jonas can play on a right back...so.....

Harper

Jonas  Williamson  Coloccini  Enrique

Barton  Ireland  Tiote    Kranjcar

Gervinho    HBA

DREAM TEAM....

For me next season something like this would be class and (potentially) realistic:

GK

Simpson Samba Coloccini Enrique

Barton Tiote Nolan

Gervinho  Ben Arfa

Sturridge

Subs:

GK2

Williamson

O'Shea

Larrson

Sygurdsson

Best

Ameobi

Exactly, midds.

We have a limited budget and buying Premier League based players just equates to being ripped off.

The price reflects that the players are ready made for the division. All very well signing players like Coloccini but we aren't at a stage where we can afford to be wait the three seasons it took him to settle in. Sign proven Premier League players for our first team then litter the squad with young talent from wherever with the hope that some will push their way into the first team.

For me next season something like this would be class and (potentially) realistic:

GK

Simpson Samba Coloccini Enrique

Barton Tiote Nolan

Gervinho  Ben Arfa

Sturridge

Subs:

GK2

Williamson

O'Shea

Larrson

Sygurdsson

Best

Ameobi

£40m+ on signings let alone wages?! Howay man.

Also John O'Shea swapping the Man United bench/occaisional start for the same at us?! Aye, good one.

I'd really love us to sign an unselfish Bellamy type to play up top with Best.

Do you really hope Best is a starting striker for us next season? And if so, how does that tally with your target/expectation for the club?

It's somewhere between hope and expectation, I suppose. I don't expect us to sign 2 new starting strikers, and Best is easily the pick of the current bunch.

He's a player that battles for the ball when we don't have it, then gets straight on the shoulder when we do, and i like that. He can get a lot of goals at this level with the right service.