Realistic Transfer Targets Summer 2011

LucaAltieri

i meant ones who can run

Chu-Young wouldn't last five minutes with us oldtype, he'd be hounded out before he had a chance

plus, unless he's really developed recently, we don't need another striker who needs 7 chances to put one in the net

This part is true. He's good at everything else though. As long as you're not relying on him to be your main goalscorer he'll net about one in three and help the team in ways too numerous to mention.

Of course he can run, he's Korean man, where have you left your stereotypes!

no i meant midfielders who can run fast/a lot and play football :lol:

Chu-Young can run of course too

i'd have Chu-Young as a secondary striker yeah for the reasons stated but it'd mean a change in style of play for us for him to succeed plus we'd need a guaranteed scorer with him as you say, which we won't get

RVN never depended on speed. He's a classic poker and a master in avoiding offsides. So that will be 35 doesn't  matter much. But buying him will require  more from our wide men and from central our midfield. He needs good crossers from first, and good breakthrough balls from  the latter. If we're able to fix those challenges before next season, RVN could be a decent buy..

aye, 'cos he played better when he broke through at citeh i'm afraid

Rubbish. Barton has played the best football of his career on the right, for us this season.

fucking hell, 2 of you now - i disagree

how can either side possibly prove their point?

Not end of discussion!

I think he has been better for us now.  It's just that when he was at City in those early days, he didn't have as much of a bad reputation, therefore people were more willing to praise him in the media.  Nowadays, for a pundit to say anything good about JB is akin to saying that you are in league with the devil.

Barton looked like the next Gerrard when he broke through at Citeh, dictating play, scoring long range goals, never giving up and not afraid to put in a tackle. He still does that now but hasn't got the pace he had then, back then he was everywhere, box-to-box for 90mins. His stamina is still pretty good, though he's not going at it at 100mph anymore as he can't and that's why I think he was a better player in his early days than now. He's nearly had one full good season since leaving citeh, it's close, but IMO the early Barton does this Barton we have now and he'll never match that early promise which he himself destroyed with his own stupid decisions on and off the pitch.

Barton looked like the next Gerrard when he broke through at Citeh, dictating play, scoring long range goals, never giving up and not afraid to put in a tackle. He still does that now but hasn't got the pace he had then, back then he was everywhere, box-to-box for 90mins. His stamina is still pretty good, though he's not going at it at 100mph anymore as he can't and that's why I think he was a better player in his early days than now. He's nearly had one full good season since leaving citeh, it's close, but IMO the early Barton does this Barton we have now and he'll never match that early promise which he himself destroyed with his own stupid decisions on and off the pitch.

:dowie: No he didn't.

:thup:

exactly my thoughts, barton now has the additional quality on the ball that comes with age but he's lost a massive part of his physicality and pace imo and it's why no-one wants to talk about him as a CM anymore

on the wing his quality comes through better but this simply does not equate to "the best football of his career"

i meant ones who can run

Chu-Young wouldn't last five minutes with us oldtype, he'd be hounded out before he had a chance

plus, unless he's really developed recently, we don't need another striker who needs 7 chances to put one in the net

This part is true. He's good at everything else though. As long as you're not relying on him to be your main goalscorer he'll net about one in three and help the team in ways too numerous to mention.

Of course he can run, he's Korean man, where have you left your stereotypes!

no i meant midfielders who can run fast/a lot and play football :lol:

Chu-Young can run of course too

i'd have Chu-Young as a secondary striker yeah for the reasons stated but it'd mean a change in style of play for us for him to succeed plus we'd need a guaranteed scorer with him as you say, which we won't get

Papers saying that Bolton are after him for 6m to replace Elmander. Wouldn't be happy with two of my favorite players turning it out for them.

I reckon it's a good time to buy French players with our 35m considering their performance in the 2010 world cup.

I wouldn't say no to: Gameiro, Menez, Matuidi, N'Zogbia, Bassong.

It is the Arsenal model we're meant to be using after all.