Anyone else out there ?

Benwell Lad

Who :-

Is absoulutely sick that the best thing we've produced since Gazza has left the club.

Thinks the club could have kept him if they'd really wanted to.

Thinks he would have stayed if he really wanted to.

Thinks all agents should be put up against a wall and shot.

Thinks money really is ruining the game we love.

Hopes all the drama queens really are finished with NUFC this time and will piss off and support City or someone else.

Just wants to just get over it and start supporting players who DO want to be at Newcastle.

Just asking like..........

Is absoulutely sick that the best thing we've produced since Gazza has left the club.

Hopes all the drama queens really are finished with NUFC this time and will piss off and support City or someone else.

Just wants to just get over it and start supporting players who DO want to be at Newcastle.

:clap:

Nah, we got great money for a decent player who could quite easily go either way. Has the potential yes, but is also a bit of a bloody idiot. Could quite easily end up in jail rather than the greatest striker to walk the Earth.

Agree with all but the bolded. The cunts need torturing, a simple, quick death is too good for them.

Hmm

Offer possibly too good for them to reject. Still could've been turned down though.

Yes

Yes

Yes

Yes

Yes

Agree with a lot of your thoughts, thought I'd add that the really annoying thing for me in all this is the timing.  Absolutely no chance to get anyone else in, assuming some of that money was going to be made available anyway. 

Agree with all but the bolded. The c***s need torturing, a simple, quick death is too good for them.

Agree actually, I'd edit it if I could be bothered :-)

Nah, we got great money for a decent player who could quite easily go either way. Has the potential yes, but is also a bit of a bloody idiot. Could quite easily end up in jail rather than the greatest striker to walk the Earth.

Are you Mike Ashley, Derek Llambias or Carroll's agent?

Agree with a lot of your thoughts, thought I'd add that the really annoying thing for me in all this is the timing.  Absolutely no chance to get anyone else in, assuming some of that money was going to be made available anyway. 

If we'd sold him 24 hours earlier, do you think we'd be in a better position?

yes me

If we'd sold him 24 hours earlier, do you think we'd be in a better position?

Well an extra day is an extra day, so yes.  Do you feel otherwise?

Hard to support a club, who's hierarchy is going to sell it's best players. Enrique, Ben Arfa and Tiote will not be here in 3 years time.

Like who? No point trying to predict it any more, I doubt any of them really give a fuck deep down.

Like who? No point trying to predict it any more, I doubt any of them really give a fuck deep down.

Will be interesting to see if Barton and Enrique re-sign now.

http://img97.imageshack.us/img97/903/x610zj.jpg

Like who? No point trying to predict it any more, I doubt any of them really give a f*** deep down.

Sure they're all professionals at the end of the day, but I do not think that does justice to some of the excellent pros we have at the club nowadays.

Hard to support a club, who's hierarchy is going to sell it's best players. Enrique, Ben Arfa and Tiote will not be here in 3 years time.

It's a good job we're not here to support the hierarchy of a football club then :thup:

i know. shame, if only that bid for n'zogbia had been accepted.

http://img97.imageshack.us/img97/903/x610zj.jpg

:lol:

Well done.

On one level i'm absolutely gutted. A local lad, number 9, potential captain and record goalscorer who could've been with us for the next 13 years has gone. we've been deprived of the chance to build a team around a potentially world class local talent, deprived of watching him break records much like Shearer and Milburn before him.

On another level i'm disappointed that, like Gazza, Beardsley and Waddle, we've finally and definitely regressed to the level we were at in the 80s, a side always looking over their shoulder at relegation who cannot afford to keep their best players, even homegrown ones. And it is not only disappointing, it's worrying, as it puts in doubt the futures of the other top players we have.

I suppose the one positive note i can think of, and it might be clutching at straws, is that we now have a big chance to invest in building a team. We've already been down the road of Hero worship at the expense of the rest of the side when Shearer was here - always trying to accomodate his every whim, building up a situation where the local hero is almost more powerful than the manager or almost bigger than the club. And while we had a couple of moderately successful periods back then, we, as usual, won fuck all.

If we can invest £40m in the right players we there's a good chance we will on balance have a better overall side than just keeping Carroll. Of course with Ashley often a reluctant spender, and Pardew's underwhelming range of over-priced/over-rated/over-the-hill targets this january (Larsson, SWP, Bentley, Keane, Ireland, N'Zogbia) it's doubtful.

Devastated that he's gone and massively let down by one person who i thought had the club's best interests at heart.

For once i don't think the club has done anything wrong, and i think they should be commended for holding out for such an astronomical fee. Carroll's the cunt in this who's turned his back on the club for nothing but a boost in his wages. Dispicable mercenary bastard who won't be welcomed back in his own city. I don't envy him.