"Reassurances That Every Penny Will Be Reinvested In The TEAM."

Crumpy Gunt

We have Carroll's wages to spend + surely Smith will go at the end of the season there's a canny wage there too.

That split will be wages for 2 decent players and should have no effect on the £35m

smith would have to take at least a 50% hit on his wages, can't see it myself.

Kint,

Was thinking back to this thread:-

http://www.newcastle-online.org/nufcforum/index.php/topic,68461.120.html

Who'd have thought it, eh?

Not even 12 months down the line and we have Ireland, Bellamy is at Cardiff.

Funny old game.

:spit:

Somebody holds on to grudges a long time dont they? What is your point? Bellamy still wont come here and Ireland's stock has fallen so far that a loan is all he can do for gametime, wow arent we living the dream now! Yeah funny old game indeed.......

Ha ha - just loved being slated by you all for it to come full circle in no time.

And the point being that nobody (within reason) is unthinkable for the summer.

We have Carroll's wages to spend + surely Smith will go at the end of the season there's a canny wage there too.

That split will be wages for 2 decent players and should have no effect on the £35m

yeah but if smith goes that's another body in the squad that needs replacing, as is routledge and xisco

it's hardly like we were overstocked in the first place

Overstocked no but we have enough CM's surely even without Smith.. Xisco never plays anyway so he is no miss but get shot and we save another wage that can go on a player we will use.

Routledge will probably return.

you're right though, ship the likes of smith, campbell, xisco and so on then try and replace them with players on less money and we'll eat into the 35m sure enough

Thats it aint it we need a squad but right now we have so much dead wood wasting a wage. Thin it down use the £35m for fee's and spread out the wages saved from those cast out.

Guest TheSummerOf69

That's something that is slightly bugging me (primarily because I havn't a clue what this financial fair play thing means or when it comes into play). But let's say we do start spending some large wedge on players in lump sums despite actual incoming transfer fees being spread over 5 years or whatever, by doing that, would we get into trouble?

The cost of a player is spread over the length of a contract. £35m for Carroll over 5.5 years means £6.36m a year cost on Liverpool's books for the next 5.5 years so the cost of Carroll will still show on Liverpool's balance when the new financial fair play rules come in, regardless of how they pay.

How it works for incoming money, I'm not sure - but see the middle requirement:

"• Break-even requirement – clubs must not spend more than they generate over a period of time

• No overdues payable during the season – towards other clubs, employees and/or social/tax authorities

• Provision of future financial information – to ensure clubs can meet their future obligations"

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/davidbond/2011/02/with_the_rest_of_the.html

http://swissramble.blogspot.com/2010/10/how-manchester-city-could-break-even.html

http://swissramble.blogspot.com/2010/12/newcastle-uniteds-finances-in-black-and.html

http://www.uefa.com/uefa/aboutuefa/organisation/executivecommittee/news/newsid=1493078.html

yeah but if smith goes that's another body in the squad that needs replacing, as is routledge and xisco

it's hardly like we were overstocked in the first place

Overstocked no but we have enough CM's surely even without Smith.. Xisco never plays anyway so he is no miss but get shot and we save another wage that can go on a player we will use.

Routledge will probably return.

Nope, he won't.

Guest Roger Kint

Kint,

Funny old game.

Somebody holds on to grudges a long time dont they? What is your point? Bellamy still wont come here and Ireland's stock has fallen so far that a loan is all he can do for gametime, wow arent we living the dream now! Yeah funny old game indeed.......

Ha ha - just loved being slated by you all for it to come full circle in no time.

I was proven right with Bellamy(he still wont come here at all) though or is that unthinkable to an idiot? Ireland is only here because his career badly nosedived so even that part of your enjoyment should be wound in if you had the sense to understand it. The fact i still questioned whether i would sign him even further pisses on your point.

I remember how much you loved sending abusive PM's and threats when the ignore function threw up your name, such a bitter little internet hardman, have you waited 11 months to throw that pitiful point back in my face? Fucking embarassment arent you? The irony that you are already on ignore from your last bout of disgraceful behavoir means i only need to read your posts if i chose to anyway which i will revert to not doing from this moment. Glad this was the first time i bothered to see how sad you are. Well done and goodbye again.

We're not going to make any signings over about £8m at max, I hope nobody is expecting any realistic replacement for Carroll to come in.

Hope you dont offer to drink your own piss Dave and i will quote this for mockery in future  :smug:

We won't get a realistic replacement for Carroll, but we will get replacements for other players in the team, and our team will be better off after the next two or three transfer windows. That I'm pretty confident of.

Is that after Enrique,Barton,Collo have been sold cos there form has pushed there values up

How much does this save us in wages? and lets face it those going in the summer will not really weaken us any.. replace them with players we can actually use.

OUT

Smith

Campbell

Routledge

Xisco

Carroll (already)

Guest neesy111

Say what you will about Shepherd - I have no doubt that if we ever sold a player for £35 million under him, I have no doubt that the money would be re-invested into the team, even it was just to appease the fans.

We would have headed into administration with Shepherd in charge. The finances were really, really fucked. We were lucky that when the credit crunch came and the banks withheld credit, Ashley was our owner, and not Shepherd.

For once I completely agree with you 100%.

Fact is we are now and much better financial position than any-time since 2002.  Shepherd's reckless spending of money that wasn't there is worse than what Ashley has done on his transfer deals.

Guest neesy111

How much does this save us in wages? and lets face it those going in the summer will not really weaken us any.. replace them with players we can actually use.

OUT

Smith

Campbell

Routledge

Xisco

Carroll (already)

Smith: 65k a week.

Campbell: 25k a week.

Carroll: 30-35k a week.

Xisco: 40k a week.

Quite a bit of $$$$$ to save there

OUT

Smith

Campbell

Routledge

Xisco

Carroll (already)

Aye indeed and I am sure we can get new players in using those wages IF ALL the £35m gets used too. We are already saving Carroll's wages.. depending on how much we are paying to Villa.

Guest neesy111

We won't get a realistic replacement for Carroll, but we will get replacements for other players in the team, and our team will be better off after the next two or three transfer windows. That I'm pretty confident of.

You've changed your viewpoint a little haven't you after monday?

Guest neesy111

OUT

Smith

Campbell

Routledge

Xisco

Carroll (already)

Aye indeed and I am sure we can get new players in using those wages IF ALL the £35m gets used too. We are already saving Carroll's wages.. depending on how much we are paying to Villa.

Routledge now off as well.  Controlling the wage bill get's my thumb's up, it's been like a snake strangling the club for the last 6-7 years.

We lost the best part of half a million a week off the wage bill when we got relegated and they still have always claimed it was too high, even after promotion, despite the fact he sanctioned nearly every player in the squad. Please don't kid yourselves that getting anyone off it will open up funds elsewhere because it won't.

Guest neesy111

We lost the best part of half a million a week off the wage bill when we got relegated and they still have always claimed it was too high, even after promotion, despite the fact he sanctioned nearly every player in the squad. Please don't kid yourselves that getting anyone off it will open up funds elsewhere because it won't.

:facepalm:

Probably true but we can hope, even Ashley would prefer to pay players who actually play though surely? Wage bill may be to high but its harder to take when its being wasted on the likes of Smith, Xisco & Sol

Kint,

Funny old game.

I was proven right with Bellamy(he still wont come here at all) though or is that unthinkable to an idiot? Ireland is only here because his career badly nosedived so even that part of your enjoyment should be wound in if you had the sense to understand it. The fact i still questioned whether i would sign him even further pisses on your point.

I remember how much you loved sending abusive PM's and threats when the ignore function threw up your name, such a bitter little internet hardman, have you waited 11 months to throw that pitiful point back in my face? Fucking embarassment arent you? The irony that you are already on ignore from your last bout of disgraceful behavoir means i only need to read your posts if i chose to anyway which i will revert to not doing from this moment. Glad this was the first time i bothered to see how sad you are. Well done and goodbye again.

:lol:

There's a point. How many in the squad did he have no rule over? (Be it signing or contract renewal). I can't think of any :lol:

I do think though that in the summer we are probably going to have to make some sort of exception with a couple of signings if we want real quality. Not daft wages like Owen was on, but I don't think we can put a £40,000 wage cap on Carrolls replacement.

How many players can we realistically get in though? The squad as it is now in terms of numbers (with everyone fit) needs another left back and right winger. Thats not taking into account the players ability and situation in the summer. We know that Campbell will be away, and theres a decent chance that Routeledge and possibly R.Taylor and Lovenkrands will be away. I think he will probably keep the likes of Perch, Guthrie and Best as they are cheap squad players who seems to have a bit of faith in at least. I think they'd love to get Smith of the wage bill but I think we're stuck with him. Thats just looking at it from a realistic point of view from Pardews thinking.

Personally I think we could do with 2 new strikers just to go into the lineup. This should be priority before anything else. I'd also like to see two new wide players brought in with more quality than Routeledge and Jonas to give us other options with Barton and Ben Arfa. We'll also need another centre half and some backup for Enrique. If Ireland fits in well here he would be a great signing but if he gets back to his best and Villa agreed to sell he wont come cheap unless there was an agreed fee in with the loan. I don't know how much all of that would cost but unless our scouts have something special up their sleeves then a big chunk of the Carroll money will be needed for a couple of strikers.

There's a point. How many in the squad did he have no rule over? (Be it signing or contract renewal). I can't think of any :lol:

When he first came in he hadn't a clue what he was doing. Some would argue he still doesn't and I'd almost be inclined to concede the point but I dare say he's learnt quite a bit since then.

Guest TheSummerOf69

Ashley's looking to recoup the huge loss we suffered from being relegated, even though it was his fault

(sell Milner for a fraction of what he went for a year later, sell N'Zogbia for half of what you pretend to try and get him back for, undermine Keegan - who got us a diamond defender for 1/2 m - in favour of Wise, who bought Xisco for 6m and Nacho for a million so we could benefit from all the great young south americans we've since got (?!?#), lose Given, appoint Joke In'ere, etc etc)