"Reassurances That Every Penny Will Be Reinvested In The TEAM."

Crumpy Gunt

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Newcastle-Andy-Carroll-sale-Andy-Pardew-admits-players-disillusioned-disappointed-but-says-35m-fee-will-be-spent-on-new-faces-article687347.html

Pardew said: "That is a question that is difficult to answer, because obviously we have sold Andy.

"The situation was made clear when I arrived here - the financial structure of this club was not an affluent one.

"It is not an affluent club in terms of what other big clubs can produce in terms of salaries and fees for players. That was made clear to me. So I can't moan about it now when we have just received an extraordinary offer.

"I can look anyone in the eye and say it is an extraordinary offer for the player, and we now have to use it to good effect.

"How can I now believe that is going to happen? I have got to believe it is going to happen. I spoke to Mike Ashley 15 minutes ago to clarify that. He is clear.

"The fee is enormous. I have had no chance to spend it. We have to make sure we spend it correctly in the summer. There will be £35m available and all of it will be spent, but it would be on fees AND wages.

What about the wages we would have paid Carroll?

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Newcastle-Andy-Carroll-sale-Andy-Pardew-admits-players-disillusioned-disappointed-but-says-35m-fee-will-be-spent-on-new-faces-article687347.html

Pardew said: "That is a question that is difficult to answer, because obviously we have sold Andy.

"The situation was made clear when I arrived here - the financial structure of this club was not an affluent one.

"It is not an affluent club in terms of what other big clubs can produce in terms of salaries and fees for players. That was made clear to me. So I can't moan about it now when we have just received an extraordinary offer.

"I can look anyone in the eye and say it is an extraordinary offer for the player, and we now have to use it to good effect.

"How can I now believe that is going to happen? I have got to believe it is going to happen. I spoke to Mike Ashley 15 minutes ago to clarify that. He is clear.

"The fee is enormous. I have had no chance to spend it. We have to make sure we spend it correctly in the summer. There will be £35m available and all of it will be spent, but it would be on fees AND wages.

What about the wages we would have paid Carroll?

Reading that interview and another one on the Mirror site, it sounds as if the journos gave Pardew a hard time.

Reading that interview and another one on the Mirror site, it sounds as if the journos gave Pardew a hard time.

So they should, the fans want answers so they have to ask the questions.  At least Pardew faces the press, unlike those pulling his strings.

Say what you will about Shepherd - I have no doubt that if we ever sold a player for £35 million under him, I have no doubt that the money would be re-invested into the team, even it was just to appease the fans.

Fuck players. I think I speak for us all in saying I'll not be happen until we break even like all successful teams. Buying needless players isn't going to help us achieve that. Gooooooooooo balance sheet.

'There will be £35m available and all of it will be spent, but it would be on fees AND wages.'

And if we hadn't sold Carroll...?

I don't know about anyone else, but I was assuming after a season in the premier if we stay up, we would have some money to spend in the summer. Without selling Carroll.

Let's not kid ourselves, most clubs are run as businesses these days and those that aren't are in danger of going through what we did after Hall and Shepherd sold up and took all the money with them and left us with the debt. Villa have had to reign in the spending after failing to get a CL spot and Liverpool have only been bailed out of serious shit by Hicks and Gillette paying for their folly.

But we won't be able to absorb the loss of Carroll without strengthening the squad significantly across all areas. Any business needs a product worth paying for and if Ashley wants to sell season tickets he will have to invest. With the Carroll sale (along with N'Zogbia, Milner, Given etc) there is more than enough money to do so.

'There will be £35m available and all of it will be spent, but it would be on fees AND wages.'

By the looks of it we would have had to sell somebody else to pay Carrolls wages.

By thte looks of it we would have had to sell somebody else to pay Carrolls wages.

Only clubs in Europe can afford to pay 80k/week to a single player. Probably why Carroll didn't want to wait until the summer to re-negotiate his contract as he might have had doubts we would clinch a spot.

Did he say 'invested in the team', or 'invested in the SCHEME..!'?

I will believe that when I see it - as with everything that is said by this board and manager.

Will be surprised if there are more than 3 players bought in summer with a combined outlay of 15m...and Enrique will probably go for around 10m....

When you get to my stage in life, you avoid holding your breath for too long, so I won't be doing it...!