The scouting network - Graham Carr leaves

Guest sicko2ndbest

To be fair, Carr was tasked with bringing in a starting CB and ST for the Premier League and given a budget of over £20m to do so. The fact that the players he chose are now effectively behind Daryl Murphy and Grant Hanley in the pecking order in the Championship says it all. He's a fucking shit scout probably trying to blame shift.

To be fair, Carr was tasked with bringing in a starting CB and ST for the Premier League and given a budget of over £20m to do so. The fact that the players he chose are now effectively behind Daryl Murphy and Grant Hanley in the pecking order in the Championship says it all. He's a f***ing s*** scout probably trying to blame shift.

To be fair none of our centre halves look good....one looked ok in thre prem, probably the best at bringing the ball out but hasn't been given a chance at this level, as for the forward, done ok in the prem and similar to Murphy in this divison, played in formations or tactics that dont suit.

Or do you think if the manager doesnt play them it means they're crap.....means Colback's  great no ?

With this club, everything in regards to transfers always seems done in a haphazard manner. It is entirely plausible and acceptable that someone like Townsend was unattainable or priced at an unacceptable number. The manager would have no real right to complain about this, given the position the club is currently in. What I do not understand is how the biggest club in the division with the most financial clout, can fail to bring in any players whatsoever, as the manager pleads for them through the media and rivals strengthen. I'd prefer to use Hanlon's razor when thinking of reasons that this has happened, but it makes so little sense.

In regards to Mbemba and Mitrovic, I believe they can be good players, especially the former. However, they are a symptom of the prioritisation of resale value over any other criteria when signing players. Relying on teenagers and young men from smaller leagues to immediately affect change at the highest level is risky at best.

To be fair, Carr was tasked with bringing in a starting CB and ST for the Premier League and given a budget of over £20m to do so. The fact that the players he chose are now effectively behind Daryl Murphy and Grant Hanley in the pecking order in the Championship says it all. He's a f***ing s*** scout probably trying to blame shift.

To be fair none of our centre halves look good....one looked ok in thre prem, probably the best at bringing the ball out but hasn't been given a chance at this level, as for the forward, done ok in the prem and similar to Murphy in this divison, played in formations or tactics that dont suit.

Or do you think if the manager doesnt play them it means they're crap.....means Colback's  great no ?

I like both Mitrovic and Mbmeba as it happens, but neither were remotely fit for the purpose they were bought for. We needed two players to form opposite ends of the team's spine in the Premier League.

I like both Mitrovic and Mbmeba as it happens, but neither were remotely fit for the purpose they were bought for. We needed two players to form opposite ends of the team's spine in the Premier League.

One may be the wrong signing at the wrong time (Mbemba) I can't see Mitrovic being a Rafa player ever. Personally I think Rafa has it wrong with Mbemba. Mitrovic Mmmm I'd play him as much as Murphy.

How a 70 odd year old dinosaur with a track record of mainly bringing in failures can still have so much imput at a professional football club at this level is beyond me.

Got to be down to Ashley's desire to have acolytes who are dependent upon him for a pension pay-off and will therefore do as he wishes...talented people generally do NOT stay in an organization where they are totally subservient to a dictatorial boss who knows less than them. Look at EVERY Ashley appointment apart from KK and Mort and they all fit into this category...Pardew an ultimate failure at every club he has been, JK(no more needs to be said)Jiminez & Co(who are they?), Charnley(Res team Sec), Carver, McClaren  etc etc etc...Hughton fired after getting promotion because Ashley & Llambsarse wanted their gambling mate in so they could manipulate him...

It all fits a pattern - how anyone could give money to this guy if Rafa - the best manager in terms of trophy wins that NUFC have EVER had - walks away in summer is beyond me.

He is 72 ffs, just f*** off and retire you wrinkly old c***.

SBR was 70 when he was still managing NUFC....the difference was that SBR still knew what he was doing but Carr just wants to keep the dosh rolling in and having his French stopovers and winery visits.

Ashley will be looking at the bottom line and like it or not we are making money on transfers.  The flops like Cabella we take a little hit on (-£5m) but the successes like Sissoko (+£28m), Wijnaldum (+£10m) and Debuchy (+£7m) more than cover the losses.  Just the profit on Yohan Cabaye financially covered the Ben Arfa clusterfuck 3 times over.

That's why Carr has Ashley's ear and Ashley is too ignorant about football to know any better.

In the Pardew years I was loathe to place much blame on Carr as I thought he was being hamstrung by our policies but having brought in McClaren and now seemingly sabotaging Rafa in a little power grab he can fuck right off.  He's the last remnant of a failed, discredited and downright shit regime and he needs to pack his bags and leave.

+1

Ashley will be looking at the bottom line and like it or not we are making money on transfers.  The flops like Cabella we take a little hit on (-£5m) but the successes like Sissoko (+£28m), Wijnaldum (+£10m) and Debuchy (+£7m) more than cover the losses.  Just the profit on Yohan Cabaye financially covered the Ben Arfa clusterfuck 3 times over.

That's why Carr has Ashley's ear and Ashley is too ignorant about football to know any better.

In the Pardew years I was loathe to place much blame on Carr as I thought he was being hamstrung by our policies but having brought in McClaren and now seemingly sabotaging Rafa in a little power grab he can f*** right off.  He's the last remnant of a failed, discredited and downright s*** regime and he needs to pack his bags and leave.

Yup

In the Pardew years I was loathe to place much blame on Carr as I thought he was being hamstrung by our policies but having brought in McClaren and now seemingly sabotaging Rafa in a little power grab he can fuck right off.  He's the last remnant of a failed, discredited and downright shit regime and he needs to pack his bags and leave.

Yep, bang on.

Yep, bang on.

i agree with what you say loki but do we have anything to suggest it's carr that's done the damage this january?  only thing i've seen is some vague paper shit saying ashley listens to him or something

Yep, bang on.

i agree with what you say loki but do we have anything to suggest it's carr that's done the damage this january?  only thing i've seen is some vague paper shit saying ashley listens to him or something

Just a feeling, especially after this tweet from Mark Douglas:

Mark Douglas

Mark Douglas –

Verified account ‏@MsiDouglas

@ScottDaley26 He thinks Rafa should be walking the league with the investment. I suspect certain people in his ear.

Carr had quite the little fiefdom built up before Rafa arrived, I wouldn't be at all surprised to hear he's trying to claw back some of his lost influence.

Yep, bang on.

Just a feeling, especially after this tweet from Mark Douglas:

Mark Douglas

Mark Douglas –

Verified account ‏@MsiDouglas

@ScottDaley26 He thinks Rafa should be walking the league with the investment. I suspect certain people in his ear.

Carr had quite the little fiefdom built up before Rafa arrived, I wouldn't be at all surprised to hear he's trying to claw back some of his lost influence.

possibly aye, suppose it's in the interests of both carr and charnley to push this angle to ashley mind but it's all hearsay like

imagine trusting graham carr over rafa benitez man :lol:

• 4 months later...