The scouting network - Graham Carr leaves

Guest sicko2ndbest

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

We don't really have a network. :lol:

Much like our lack of a coaching staff,

So Vuckic?  Just signed by some random fat bloke whislt eating a pie whilst watching the under 17 tournaments

Not too far from the truth.

So Vuckic?  Just signed by some random fat bloke whislt eating a pie whilst watching the under 17 tournaments

Sounds like how Boca do things in Argentina.

Sounds like how Boca do things in Argentina.

I think you'll find Maradona does not Eat pies, he empanadas.

The idea that we don't scout players at all. That doesn't make sense. Every team in the world scouts players. Gateshead, Ibadan Shooting Stars, everyone.

Okay then, we don't have an actual scouting system. According to lord Tooj.

• 6 months later...

I think he is more powerful than Pardew.... In a ways Ashley trust him than Pardew.....

Every interview he has had would dispute that idea, and I see no reason to question him on that. Seems to love his role at the club, and that role is simply to organise the numerous scouts, watch a hell of a lot of games himself, draw up recommendations for Pardew, and organise (apparently up to 3) trips for Pardew to see a player. His name just seems to be something for people to invest some hope in, but there is no reason to think he is anything other than what he is; a very good head of scouting.

In some ways Carr seems to behave more like an agent than a scout, except he's employed by a club rather than a player. Certainly seems to have a knack of finding the players who are unhappy at their clubs, have contract issues or are available at below market value for some reason.

In some ways Carr seems to behave more like an agent than a scout, except he's employed by a club rather than a player. Certainly seems to have a knack of finding the players who are unhappy at their clubs, have contract issues or are available at below market value for some reason.

I think it is probably someone else's job to find the contract loopholes, then Carr is sent to scout those players. What's clear is that we are looking at the right players, it's then just a case of getting the deals done which is Llambias' department.

• 5 years later...
Guest neesy111

This twat is clearly saying stuff to Ashley about the squad and how it should be walking the league since he was basically shoved out of the way in the summer.

It could be others that Ashley wines and dines with, I'm sure he is still mates with Wise and Kinnear.  Doesn't Kinnear drink in Ashley's local, you can just imagine earache coming from Kinnear.  :lol:

Rafa's biggest mistake could be not using his leverage to force this cunt out back in the summer.

Should have been the first order of business. Clear out the rubbish who brought so much shit and Steve McClaren through the door.