Newcastle United vs Arsenal - 5/2/2011 - Pre match despair

ponsaelius

3pm KO                   

.com has it on Sky which got me confused. Cheers

Don't know where they've got that from. Stoke vs Mackems is on Sky in the morning, Wolves vs Man Utd is on ESPN in the evening

Guest Roger Kint

3pm KO                   

.com has it on Sky which got me confused. Cheers

Don't know where they've got that from. Stoke vs Mackems is on Sky in the morning, Wolves vs Man Utd is on ESPN in the evening

Yeah i was thinking that with the Stoke game, ah well will just have to commence drinking at 10am for it

We may aswell stick Coloccini up front, probably the best finisher at the club going by his goal against Spurs.

Id play

Harper

Simpson Willy Colo Enrique

Guthrie Barton Tiote Jonas

Nolan

Best

We're desperate for Ben Arfa and Shola back, we'll be in the relegation fight by the time they're fit! We're pretty much stuck with this system until then

Fuck it hoy Ranger in instead of Best and there is the platform for the lad to show the world  :cheesy:

We may aswell stick Coloccini up front, probably the best finisher at the club going by his goal against Spurs.

Id play

Harper

Simpson Willy Colo Enrique

Guthrie Barton Tiote Jonas

Nolan

Best

We're desperate for Ben Arfa and Shola back, we'll be in the relegation fight by the time they're fit! We're pretty much stuck with this system until then

f*** it hoy Ranger in instead of Best and there is the platform for the lad to show the world  :cheesy:

Aye we might get £25m for him in the Summer if he bangs 15 goals in during the next few months!

I have a good feeling about this because we are at home.I don't know why,I just have a feeling we will put a performance in here...And yes i will put a tin hat on my head now...It's just my opinion.

We usually perform pretty well against Arsenal, obviously they're favourites and everyone is down about last night's debacle though.

Debacle ? - howay man.

We were poor and got beat 1-0 by a decent Fulham side. First half was pretty equal, we couldn't hold it up front second half and it looked grim but only a piece of chronic defending stopped us getting a draw.

Poor yes - but compared to some of the stuff we've seen in the last few years I'd call it a narrow defeat not a "debacle",

Arsenal are without Fabianski, Song, Nasri and Vermaelen. We might actually have a chance especially as they're without two really important midfielders. Sure they have Rosicky, Diaby and Denilson but they're not nearly as good.

Tiote to eat that midfield up!

I have a good feeling about this because we are at home.I don't know why,I just have a feeling we will put a performance in here...And yes i will put a tin hat on my head now...It's just my opinion.

We usually perform pretty well against Arsenal, obviously they're favourites and everyone is down about last night's debacle though.

Debacle ? - howay man.

We were poor and got beat 1-0 by a decent Fulham side. First half was pretty equal, we couldn't hold it up front second half and it looked grim but only a piece of chronic defending stopped us getting a draw.

Poor yes - but compared to some of the stuff we've seen in the last few years I'd call it a narrow defeat not a "debacle",

Logical, well thought out, non-kneejerk response alert!

Debacle ? - howay man.

Logical, well thought out, non-kneejerk response alert!

I'd go with it being close, but Fulham themselves were poor as well. Kneejerk response as you say.

I've only seen a few games this season where we have played badly, and in the next game we have came out and done well again, we haven't played badly anymore than any other average team this season.

My post wasn't directed directly at you, it was more in reference to those who have said we'll go down because we put in a poor performance last night, which is a massive kneejerk response. I was more just pleased to see Benwell Lads post and views as they seem pretty well thought out, rather than belittling any one particular post.

It was a terrible performance, whether or not it's a debacle or not is just semantics.

It's not a kneejerk reaction, I've posted elsewhere that we shouldn't read too much into it (in fact that was basically the point of the post BenwellLad quoted).

I don't think anyone would accuse you of knee jerking Ian, it's not your style mate.

P.S. that word "semantics" has been used a few times recently on here, not quite as much as fuck, shit, cunt or bastard, but maybe things are looking up at last  ;D

My post wasn't directed directly at you, it was more in reference to those who have said we'll go down because we put in a poor performance last night, which is a massive kneejerk response. I was more just pleased to see Benwell Lads post and views as they seem pretty well thought out, rather than belittling any one particular post.

Nee problem then, I agree with you!

It was a terrible performance, whether or not it's a debacle or not is just semantics.

It's not a kneejerk reaction, I've posted elsewhere that we shouldn't read too much into it (in fact that was basically the point of the post BenwellLad quoted).

I don't think anyone would accuse you of knee jerking Ian, it's not your style mate.

P.S. that word "semantics" has been used a few times recently on here, not quite as much as fuck, shit, cunt or bastard, but maybe things are looking up at last  ;D

My knee nearly jerked out of the socket over the Carroll sale TBH, I was saying I was going to give up on football and all sorts. Then by Fulham kick off I was right behind the team again! Shameful :lol: