Alan Pardew = Graeme Souness Mark II

Guest Brazilianbob

Guest Brazilianbob

When results go against Pardew its not his fault its the strikers and/or the defenders who made defensive mistakes.  Its Souness all over again!

It's been a difficult couple of days for him and, personally, i don't think he could've handled the Carroll thing any differently. But for whatever reason, he couldn't motivate the team last night and we got punished for it. I've been coming round to him but we won't be able to judge him properly for another twelve months.

D

When results go against Pardew its not his fault its the strikers and/or the defenders who made defensive mistakes.  Its Souness all over again!

Do you honestly believe that it was due to Pardew's tactics we go beat last night. Not the fact our two central midfielders have absolutly no creativity in them in the slightest in which the game passes them by, which then leads on to the strikers having minimal decent service to them which then adds up to the striking pair living on scraps and failing to hold on to the ball when they've got it. Pardew can't exactly be faulted for the team he put out, it picked itself, the only debate would be Ranger or Lovenkrands in which either choice would have made no difference to the result, we were that bad.

That's our first poor performance in a few games though so still no need to panic or deem we are in a crisis.

Guest Brazilianbob

Well I don't rate Pardew at all.  Anything he has so far achieved has been off the back of Hughton and Calderwoods hard work as far as I am concerned. 

The same Hughton who we can all thank for our terrific selection of strikers.

Er.. Did he sell Andy Carroll?

Pardew's stupid numb face last night reminded me of Roeder.. Sounness was just a wanker, Pardew is simply Ashley's yes-man.

Guest TrueToon

Jesus.To be fair we haven't done bad without key players...I think Pardew can get it right.It's wether the players want to step their game up.Last night we were poor,Couldn't even do the basics.Passing etc.I can't see the players have forgot how to attack a team because of Pardew.Thats silly.

Some people are far too up Hughton's arse on here  :facepalm:

He done a good job, he took a group of players got them together as a unit and took them back to the premier league with a decent amount of points on the board, Pardew has just carried that on with some good results and some poor ones just like Hughton was doing when he was in charge.

Guest hobshobs

he couldn't motivate the team last night and we got punished for it.

Agree totally. Exactly the same as Stevenage in the cup.

our two central midfielders have absolutly no creativity in them in the slightest in which the game passes them by

Again, agree totally. Bigger problem here is that Pardew has recently gone on record as saying he can't believe Nolan hasn't been near an England cap recently. Unbelievable.

I dont like how he reacted to the carroll case. The problem is that some of our squad members are still good friends with carroll, so for him to come out calling carroll a liar doesnt help the team moral imo. The club should simply have said: "Carroll has made his descision and all the best of luck to him in the future." Nothing more or less, let the supporters make their own opinion on what happenede.. Like the commentator said last night, Carroll could simply have rejected Liverpool if he wanted.

I think he got his tactics wrong yesterday, fulham were dominating us in the start of the second half.. he should have changed to 4-5-1 imo. Put barton in to the midle and lovenkrands on the wing, and tried to win the game from midfield.