Which French winger is the best, at their best ?

Delima
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest Roger Kint

Toss up between Ginola and Robert.

Went for Robert, mainly because I saw alot of  him and wasn't a football fan during the Ginola years.

Same here but also due to Ginola's disappearance that second season which added to his resurgence at Spurs really pissed me off big time!

I was a fan during Ginola era, and I remember a couple of his goals really well, but I was a bit too young to remember his performances in detail.

I would say probably Ginola was better, but I definitely remember the Robert years more clearly, the man's left foot was incredible. I'll also always enjoy the time he punted the ball off Bernard's head and knocked him out.

Hopefully HBA can give us some more great moments.

A lot of people on here are forgetting that when Robert was bad, he was DREADFUL!  It was like playing with 10 men on the pitch if he was in a sulk.  Yes he did the odd belting free kick, but for each one of those, 10 went into row Z.

Ginola was a class attacking player, and his freekicks were also class.  He left under a bit of a cloud, but there is no doubting what he bought to the team.

Insomnia could have been class, but he never really hit the heights he is capable of.  I would never have paid 10 million for him!  Too sulky and just not in the same league as the other three.

HBA could prove to be our best ever, but he hasn't had the chance to prove himself yet.

Fot that reason, Ginola is the best.

Ginola had skills that was unheard of in his day. But HBA got greater potential. If he sorts his heads out, the sky is the limit for him.  Robert was too inconsistent. On his day the most entertaining winger in PL, and vice versa..

I used to try comparing Ginola & Robert directly saying, "imagine Robert's assists in the Keegan team" etc. but I think they fact is, they were both perfect for the team they were in. Ginola had the flamboyance needed in the "Entertainers", whereas Robert had the stats that turned us from mid-table to the Champions League. Both equally as important to both teams in different ways.

Guest mimifrench

It is stange that you almost consider robert as a legend... I didn't even know him, but it is probably because i am too younger lol

Did he win trophee with Newcastle ? Sorry for asking but i do not know exactly the history of your club.

It is stange that you almost consider robert as a legend... I didn't even know him, but it is probably because i am too younger lol

Did he win trophee with Newcastle ? Sorry for asking but i do not know exactly the history of your club.

:lol:

No he didn't mate but he scored some of the greatest goals you will ever see in your life, for us.

:lol:

Non, nobody wins trophies with Newcastle!

He was a very exciting player for us, and scored a lot of goals. It was a successful time for the club, though we didn't win any trophies.

I recommend that you search on HBA skills on youtube..The boy is insane.. Can't believe that we got him..

I wish I'd saved that Everton video when it was knocking about, can't find it now (NOT THAT I'M REQUESTING A LINK!).

His acceleration and control in that game was unreal.

< how many times man? Seriously...>

:)

I recommend that you search on HBA skills on youtube..The boy is insane.. Can't believe that we got him..

I wish I'd saved that Everton video when it was knocking about, can't find it now (NOT THAT I'M REQUESTING A LINK!).

His acceleration and control in that game was unreal.

I got it on my computer :)

Voted Robert because his time here was around when I'd not long had a season ticket and I've got some great memories.

Probably Ginola though, really. I went on an exchange trip to France in about year 8 and when I produced my Toon shirt the younger brother in the family who hardly ever spoke a word (and certainly no English) suddenly yelled GINOLA!!! :lol:

Ginola for me

Ben Arfa could be great aswell, he has the lot.

Robert was an interesting player. Fast and great shot and good technique. On the downside though, he didn't have a good eye for the game and split vision. Not a great short passer. I always thought he was more of a forward since he was a good finisher. I think he would have been better as a Bellamy typ striker than a winger in a 4-4-2.

Zoggy a level below