Newcastle United 4 - 4 Arsenal - 05/02/11 - post match reaction from page 32

Nate

Guest pintofscottsellers

nolan has been pretty piss poor the last couple of games like, woeful at times, his tackling is pathetic and someone like fabregas will just run rings around him

Ashley should admit he was wrong (again) get down on his knees and literally beg for Hughton to come back in. I'd have more faith with him taking charge of our remaining games than Pardew, and his arrival would be the morale boost we need.

Did we not get beat under Hughton like?

Not in the way like today.

Yes, we did.

Ashley should admit he was wrong (again) get down on his knees and literally beg for Hughton to come back in. I'd have more faith with him taking charge of our remaining games than Pardew, and his arrival would be the morale boost we need.

Yes, we did.

Leyton Orient was a friendly.

I don't actually find myself critical of any of our team.  As soon as I saw how we played "defending" the first goal scored I thought the players looked like they might have decided to lose big in protest.

As insane as that sounds, the apparent complete lack of interest the players are showing in defense is only reinforcing my view that they have concluded they were likely to lose this one any, so lets lose it HUGE to make a point.

I can't believe people think this is down to Carroll leaving. Please don't be daft.

Today's result is what happens when you play a hapless slob in midfield against legitimate top class athletes with speed and mobility and ability with the ball. I bet the Arsenal players can't believe how easy it is bypassing our midfield. Just avoid tiote and your scott free!

Its the same midfield that beat them 1-0, but yeah its all Nolan ofc.

It looks to me that Nolan is up front, with Loven wide and Barton in the middle. It's not Nolan's fault we're getting hammered in midfield.

pitiful half. pitiful football. pitiful marking. pitiful attitude.

i haven't felt this numb since the thumpings of the Souness/Roeder/Allardyce era. We haven't looked this disjointed and clueless since "that" game at Villa Park.

Joey Barton, Coloccini, Simpson and Tiote trying to make something happen. The rest have been utter utter shite. Gutierrez has been a massive disappointment this season, but today he's shown that he no longer belongs in the top flight.

I don't actually find myself critical of any of our team.  As soon as I saw how we played "defending" the first goal scored I thought the players looked like they might have decided to lose big in protest.

As insane as that sounds, the apparent complete lack of interest the players are showing in defense is only reinforcing my view that they have concluded they were likely to lose this one any, so lets lose it HUGE to make a point.

So, can I just make sure your stance is clear. You'd be content if our team purposely threw a game big time because they figured they'd lose it anyway?

Yes, we did.

In the end that Leyton Orient game sort of turned our team around, so maybe it'll happen again?

Nah...

I can't believe people think this is down to Carroll leaving. Please don't be daft.

Today's result is what happens when you play a hapless slob in midfield against legitimate top class athletes with speed and mobility and ability with the ball. I bet the Arsenal players can't believe how easy it is bypassing our midfield. Just avoid tiote and your scott free!

Will you get a f***ing grip, man. Your constant Nolan bashing since the interview is f***ing pathetic.

Look back further. I've never liked Nolan. He's an absolute liability and has cost us far more goals than he has scored. Look at the state of the man. How can a prem footballer be so out of condition. It is unacceptable. He can hardly move out there. Did you watch the Stevenage game? He couldn't even keep up with those guys.

Yes, we did.

In the end that Leyton Orient game sort of turned our team around, so maybe it'll happen again?

Nah...

No chance.

So, can I just make sure your stance is clear. You'd be content if our team purposely threw a game big time because they figured they'd lose it anyway?

No, I didn't say I was happy about it.  I just said it looked like thats what the team were doing, and if that is what they are doing I can't really criticize the players for their individual performances.  They are playing to their game plan.

Guest Wally_McFool

Look back further. I've never liked Nolan. He's an absolute liability and has cost us far more goals than he has scored. Look at the state of the man. How can a prem footballer be so out of condition. It is unacceptable. He can hardly move out there. Did you watch the Stevenage game? He couldn't even keep up with those guys.

This downturn is all Nolans fault then. Thanks for clearing that up.  :colo:

This is an important result. We were going to lose the game anyway, and so this hammering will be a massive wake up call and will relay the gravity of the situation. Pardew has to completely reconsider how he has been using the players int he team recently. Needs to re-arrange things. Pack the midfield and put one uptop and try and grind out a few more results to stave off relegation. This stupid 4-4-2 with Nolan as a central midfielder will DEFINITELY relegate us.