Leon Best

Godot

Guest neesy111

I take it you don't remember how shit Championship teams were then?

You remember his games in that division?

Guest neesy111

I take it you don't remember how s*** Championship teams were then?

You know Best played in the Championship for years right? When did he ever get 20 goals?

19 goals in 92 games for Coventry.

Guest firetotheworks

Aye, fair enough, but using your eyes whilst he's played for us,there's nothing wrong with that prediction considering he'd be in a stronger Championship team than he has been before.

Aye, fair enough, but using your eyes whilst he's played for us,there's nothing wrong with that prediction considering he'd be in a stronger Championship team than he has been before.

Well agree to disagree but I've seen nothing from him to suggest he could get 20 goals in the championship. He's just not good enough.

Guest neesy111

Well agree to disagree but I've seen nothing from him to suggest he could get 20 goals in the championship. He's just not good enough.

Or fit enough.

Missed 1/2 of the 2010/11 season and missed a 3rd of last season through injury.

Guest firetotheworks

You could say the same about Chopra and plenty of others that have done in decent teams as well, tbf.

You could say the same about Chopra and plenty of others that have done in decent teams as well, tbf.

Well no you're missing the point. Best has played at lower levels for years and never reached the heights of 15-20 goals. Ive not seen anything to suggest he's turned the corner in that respect.

Chopra always scored goals in that division though, whether on loan or permanent stay. Best was horrific in the few appearances he made for us in the Championship.

He's twice the player that he looked when he joined us as well.

:thup:

£3m is only a good fee if he is adequately replaced. £3m will mean fuck all if we are left with Shola and Ranger in January.

He is our third choice striker and not a bad one at that, just hope we bring in a better player to replace him.

With his contract winding down a bit the club had to make a decision as to whether or not to offer hi a new deal or move him on. For whatever their reasons it looks like he's going for a decent fee where he'll do quite well imo. The cash we get for him will hopefully be used to buy his replacement and give us another really good option for this season.

He's done nothing wrong really but it was time to stick or twist with him and I can understand why he's been made available. It'll be the same for Simpson too when the time comes. If we can get about £6m for the pair of them and put that cash towards upgrading on RB and a striker then it's good business.

Onwards and upwards.

Chopra always scored goals in that division though, whether on loan or permanent stay. Best was horrific in the few appearances he made for us in the Championship.

Not the first player to take a while to settle into a new club. He was also quite unlucky a number of times in the few games he got for us.

Guest neesy111

Wouldn't be surprised if Blackburn continue to be a car crash next season given that Kean is still there as are Venky's.

"Exciting times for Blackburn": Kean said after being relegated. :lol:

Guest firetotheworks

Just forget it. Best has looked a decent level relegation level team player. A better option than Lovenkrands, Chopra, Vaz te etc, all of whom did the business, crucially, at high level Championship teams.

Not the first player to take a while to settle into a new club. He was also quite unlucky a number of times in the few games he got for us.

Definitely, but he's not a goalscorer. Wish him all the best and thankful for the countless good performances he gave in 2011. :thup:

Guest SweMatt

His lack of pace and technical skills disqualifies him from the Premiership. I would say 10-15 goals in Championship if he is not injured. We must surely find better backup players.

Will be interesting how he does when looked upon as the main striker (assuming). I think he can get in double digits quite easily in the Championship, his general play has improved quite a lot since we were down there.