Leon Best

Godot

Can't help but feel Pardew's forced them to do this purely to make the media think he's doing something about it, rather than actually wanting to discipline them for it himself. He didn't even know about it until a reporter told him ffs.

Can't help but feel Pardew's forced them to do this purely to make the media think he's doing something about it, rather than actually wanting to discipline them for it himself. He didn't even know about it until a reporter told him ffs.

tbf, he was preparing for a match in Stoke. He didn't have time to go searching the internet for photos of his players showing their abs in nightclubs.

Should get rid of him in the summer. Totally unacceptable behavior.

:lol:

He's not a good player. Jeeez. He's just important now cause we have a paper-thin squad, and no good forwards. Being injured and partying like a rockstar should not be accepted.

He's not a good player. Jeeez. He's just important now cause we have a paper-thin squad, and no good forwards. Being injured and partying like a rockstar should not be accepted.

A rockstar? Leon Best couldn't be a rockstar if he tried. Look at him ffs.

Racism?

http://static.guim.co.uk/sys-images/Film/Pix/pictures/2009/3/23/1237821089071/Lionel-Richie-performing--001.jpg

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

He'll be more than adequate as backup next year.

As I see it, there is nothing wrong with having a drink and get photographed, not at all. The setting, however, is just wrong. We are struggling with injuries in a paper-thin squad, and we want the injured players to get available asap. I don't see how partying is doing that any good, at least it's not sending a good signal out to the fans, and actually reminds me of Martins faking his injury... same kinda setting.

Guest Roger Kint

As I see it, there is nothing wrong with having a drink and get photographed, not at all. The setting, however, is just wrong. We are struggling with injuries in a paper-thin squad, and we want the injured players to get available asap. I don't see how partying is doing that any good, at least it's not sending a good signal out to the fans, and actually reminds me of Martins faking his injury... same kinda setting.

You dont half talk utter rubbish

tbf, he was preparing for a match in Stoke. He didn't have time to go searching the internet for photos of his players showing their abs in nightclubs.

The ffs was probably a pointless addition. :lol: Not complaining that he didn't know by any means. If something bad that did actually hinder the players or the team in general did happen, then it wouldn't have taken a reporter to tell him. I, like pretty much everyone here, don't see the big deal about a couple of injured players going out, not drinking, unwinding, when they know for a fact they don't have a match to play the next day, or even travel with the squad. It just feels like a pointless exercise of Pardew wanting to make it look like he's done something about it, scared of indiscipline rumours etc.

And the bullshit being we don't struggle with injuries, and Martins didn't fake his injury?  :lol:Go read some (old) news and come back when you're not pms.

Guest Roger Kint

And the bullshit being we don't struggle with injuries, and Martins didn't fake his injury?  :lol:Go read some (old) news and come back when you're not pms.

Interesting that someone who is ranting over this across different threads decides my 6 words are a result of pms. I never used the word bullshit nor can you provide any proof that a footballer lifting his shirt up while standing still is hazardous when sufferering with injury. Any chance its actually you who is overreacting? They went out, they apologised its over with. Any normal person would find greater issue with those who did play football this weekend not those who couldnt.

Interesting that someone who is ranting over this across different threads decides my 6 words are a result of pms. I never used the word bullshit nor can you provide any proof that a footballer lifting his shirt up while standing still is hazardous when sufferering with injury. Any chance its actually you who is overreacting? They went out, they apologised its over with. Any normal person would find greater issue with those who did play football this weekend not those who couldnt.

I'm aware of their aplogise. That is not what I'm on about. I'm on about the whole thing of partying while being injured. We had that stuff prior to relegation two years ago, and I'd expect us be past that. You don't see players like Giggs and Scholes do that... have they ever (?) Under the current regime, with so little communication with the fans, and a manager with constant "updates" and "optimism" on returning players, you'd expect to see something else than Best and Ireland out partying, when all you read is "return date: Not set". Get me?