Leon Best

Godot

he's fine.  I find it amazing at how worried we are about Best.  Shit, times have changed.

A point I made a week or two ago only to be slaughtered.

age of austerity ain't it guv?  you should be happy we're not pulling tramps in off the street to play

apparently

Guest Roger Kint

For f***ing f***s sake. How many more times is Lovenkrands going to get a free pass into our starting 11?

Rather throw Airey in the deep end than waste time on him tbh

April Fools?  He did his press conference yesterday mind, and that's where the quotes are from.  Best also trained yesterday, if his injury is that bad, why did he take part in a full session??

If he isn't ready for the match tomorrow, despite that he had  a FULL training session yesterday, I will execute our medical staff..We desperately need him..

What the fuck's going on with the fitness of our squad, seriously? We had more games last year and a smaller squad and it was fully fit for about the entirety of it, Barton being the exception. Really worrying. Cba going back to a squad full of perma-crocks as was the case under Souness/Roeder.

What the fuck's going on with the fitness of our squad, seriously? We had more games last year and a smaller squad and it was fully fit for about the entirety of it, Barton being the exception. Really worrying. Cba going back to a squad full of perma-crocks as was the case under Souness/Roeder.

Just bad luck innit.

FWIW Best is only listed as a 'slight doubt' on physioroom.

Hughton sorted out injuries, pretty much.  Certainly in comparison to other managers.  I thought we were just having a bad streak of luck, but its starting to look like Hughton's training and management certainly helped abate our various injury crises. 

And I'm not saying this to be all OMGZPARDEW=SATAN but yeah, I agree with Yorkie.  There's more to it than bad luck.  Ben Arfa and Smith have been taken out by bad tackles this season.  Everything else has been people just breaking down, which is unacceptable.

Just one in a long line of things that Hughton is not allowed to take credit for tbh.

I'd be happy to give him all the credit if there was any evidence for it.

Just for argument's sake, 4 injuries under Hughton followed by 7 under Pardew doesn't mean anything. Especially since Hughton was in charge at the start of a season and Pardew at the end of one.