Shefki Kuqi

ponsaelius

He should have been given the last 20 minutes considering how piss poor Shola had played.

Yep. Was pretty pissed off when he was finally trundled on at 91 fucking minutes, utterly pointless. Shola was absymal and should have been taken off much earlier than he was.

I'd be more than happy to never see him play for us again.  Nolan has scored more Premiership goals this season than Kuqi has in his career.  He hasn't had much time on the pitch, when he has come on it's easy to understand why he was released by a Championship side.

I'd be more than happy to never see him play for us again.  Nolan has scored more Premiership goals this season than Kuqi has in his career. 

Rogerio Ceni the Sao Paulo goalkeeper has scored more goals than Nolan (and most midfielders) in his career :D

I'd be more than happy to never see him play for us again.  Nolan has scored more Premiership goals this season than Kuqi has in his career.  He hasn't had much time on the pitch, when he has come on it's easy to understand why he was released by a Championship side.

What have you seen in the few minutes that he has been on to justify your statement above?

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/0/77/1435783-trollface_super.png

Ya.

Wish some Ameobi dude had a work rate like Shefki has! During those 15 minutes Shefki has done harm to opponents defences than Shola has for most of his games all season as he barely tries at all. On the other hand I don't like to see Shefki getting more time on the pitch as it's no use for the club not now or in the future but the guys like Airey and Ranger etc should be given a chance in the remaining games. Sell Shola ASAP...while he's still worth something!

From a Liverpool forum...and can you really blame them :smitten:

Talking with people is big part of the work of journalist and sometimes the work positively surprises you. I just had this kind of moment with Newcastle’s Shefki Kuqi.

I’ve been on the phone with him with some regularity for 1,5 years as I’ve been trying to set up an interview with him. It has not been simple, and the fact that the magazine I work for does not represent sport journalism, far from it, does not make it any easier. I am hoping to get that interview this summer, and he half-promised that.

Unfortunately I cannot go into detail about the personal things he talked about but I would like to say that Shefki Kuqi is a really nice, symphatetic person with clearly a big heart. One of things he spoke about was Liverpool related: Besian Idrizaj, former Liverpool youngster and a Swansea player who passed away last summer.

Besian was a close friend to Shefki and he spend the last five months of his life pretty much with Shefki and his wife. He talked about how big blow Besian’s death was for him and recalled Besian’s hattrick for Liverpool against Wrexham, which clearly meant a world to Besian.

I know it was quite big surprise and joke in some sections when Newcastle signed Shefki Kuqi but I am happy he had this chance at the latter stages of his career.

I hope those of you who can go to the Newcastle game can give little bit of appreciation for Shefki Kuqi; a proper fighter and a warm person who has build himself a half-decent career despite the adversity he’s faced.

I think when he has come on he's offered infinitely more than Ranger and should be given a start in the last few games.

That said, if his playing contract is renewed, then that means the club hasn't signed a couple of good strikers in the summer, which would be a massive failure by Pardew and Ashley.

Hopefully he will score against WBA last game of the season, throw his shirt into the crowd and sign a non-playing coaching contract in order to mentor the likes of Ranger and bring a bit of realism into their lives.

What have you seen in the few minutes that he has been on to justify your statement above?

I've seen enough to know he's not a Premiership standard player and his record suggests that he never has been.  Have you seen anything to suggest I'm wrong?

He was certainly a Premier League standard player at his best.

Was that that when he averaged a goal every 5 games at Blackburn or the 4 months he spent at Fulham and didn't score a goal?

The former. Him and Bellamy linked up very well in the season they finished 6th.

I seem to remember Bellamy top scoring, him and Gamst Pedersen played realy well.  Kuqi has only scored in 5 Premiership games in his entire career and I don't ever remember him standing out in the times I watched Blackburn.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest ObiChrisKenobi

It was fun while it lasted - cheers Kuqi!

We signed him.

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2011/02/10/article-1355351-0D1F587F000005DC-523_468x298.jpg

He trained hard.

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2011/02/10/article-0-0D1F612C000005DC-130_306x423.jpg

He kept the dressing room safe.

http://images.icnetwork.co.uk/upl/nechronical/mar2011/9/3/shefki-kuqi-26734559.jpg