Players missing international duty to be banned from next club match?

Dave

so they notice one of their clubs did the same thing and suddenly stop actions........... and they say the fa aren't biased.

i say screw them screw fifa screw pointless internationals

Aye, I noticed that bit. Either means they stopped because one of the 'big' clubs also did it, or they specifically allowed Smalling to pull out without turning up despite supposedly not being happy with it. Stinks either way.

dickheads. and you have to consider the circumstances too, ranger was at one point looking like one of only 2 fit strikers at the whole club, it's reasonable enough to not want to risk him for an under 20s friendly.

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/England-are-to-declare-war-on-rule-bending-clubs-by-banning-players-who-fail-to-report-for-Three-Lions-duty-from-appearing-for-club-the-next-weekend-article694903.html

FA to ban players who snub England

But their hard-line stance will delight supporters who blame the clubs’ reluctance to release players for England’s continuing failures at international level.

Newcastle have been identified as a problem club for the England team after previous arguments over the availability of Andy Carroll, who has been sold to Liverpool.

They were desperate to protect Ranger from injury after Carroll’s sale and an injury to Shola Ameobi left them short of attacking options.

:dowie:

Guest toonlass

Eh? That's disgraceful if true. They were going to make an example of one of our players until they noticed that one of Manchester United's players had done the same! Saying that they wouldn't want to upset dear old Fergie would they? Fuck you FA!

I can see why they would do this for the senior squad, but for the U20? That's just a piss take tbh, especially if they don't even look at the reasoning for it.

Should this also mean that players where it has been decided that they will only play one half only are allowed to play one half in the next league game?

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

I see. I guess England medical staff will be doing a lot of travelling then.

Is Derek Wright still working for England, or did he leave a long time ago?

Guest Wearside

Good idea IMO,teams and players have been getting away with this for too long now and it was getting beyond a joke just how many players are pulling out of games and then turning out for there clubs on a Saturday.

I can't believe they say "withdraw Ranger after Carroll was sold and Ameobi injured" as if its a bad thing!

How dare Newcastle protect one of their two/three fit strikers :lol: I mean it's not like we pay his wages or anything...

They were ready to make an example of Newcastle striker Nile Ranger this weekend after he pulled out of Wednesday's England Under-20 match against France without first being checked over by FA medical staff.

Ranger was to be banned from playing against Blackburn tomorrow, but they were forced to postpone the action when they realised Manchester United defender Chris Smalling had been allowed to cry off Under-21 duty without reporting to England.

Laughable.

Guest Roger Kint

Didnt the Under 21's have a load of withdrawals from the original squad? Take it all those turned up be checked out or is it a case of being petty after Hughton complained over the Carroll business?

Guest Roger Kint

They were ready to make an example of Newcastle striker Nile Ranger this weekend after he pulled out of Wednesday's England Under-20 match against France without first being checked over by FA medical staff.

Ranger was to be banned from playing against Blackburn tomorrow, but they were forced to postpone the action when they realised Manchester United defender Chris Smalling had been allowed to cry off Under-21 duty without reporting to England.

Laughable.

How convenient as Rio Ferdinand just happens to be injured so Man Utd would need Smalling.......

We should be allowed to withdraw a player as we see fit, and if the player is willing to sit it out then they can suck my danglies. England should play friendlies but not during such a congested time in the domestic league/cups.

I like how we have the highest percentage of English players yet non of our players ever get a call up really, we are sitting 10th in the table using a fair few English players, so they are not in form cappello??? :S

Not sure how this would ever be enforced, it will just make players retire from international football earlier.

I know i wouldn;t want to risk my playing career in a meaningless international match.

Laughable.

How convenient as Rio Ferdinand just happens to be injured so Man Utd would need Smalling.......

Make you sick doesent it! :tickedoff:

We should be allowed to withdraw a player as we see fit, and if the player is willing to sit it out then they can suck my danglies. England should play friendlies but not during such a congested time in the domestic league/cups.

I like how we have the highest percentage of English players yet non of our players ever get a call up really, we are sitting 10th in the table using a fair few English players, so they are not in form cappello??? :S

If i'm honest  i hope none of our players get picked it only increases risk of injury and fatigue.

Would have to be global as well, wouldn't it?

Would hardly be fair if Man Utd lost Rooney because he missed an England game, while Chelsea still had Drogba playing even though he'd cried off playing for the Ivory Coast (for example).

The real answer is to stop calling these players up for England competitive games... then they really would have to decide how important playing for England was to them.

Would have to be global as well, wouldn't it?

Would hardly be fair if Man Utd lost Rooney because he missed an England game, while Chelsea still had Drogba playing even though he'd cried off playing for the Ivory Coast (for example).

The real answer is to stop calling these players up for England competitive games... then they really would have to decide how important playing for England was to them.

Or stop playing pointless friendlies at crucial points in the season.

There's hardly any non-crucial points of the season though, are there? You would basically have to stop all international friendlies.

I suppose not, but this stage has alot more matches than any other part, especially for clubs in europe or still in the cup.