Blackburn 0 - 0 Newcastle United - 12/02/11 - post match reaction from page 26

Dave

Happy with a point. Only saw the highlights but Best and Loven seem to offer us nothing. Might as well play those horses at Newbury. The both lack dynamism and presence. Reassuring in other areas of play though.

Too soon.

Guest TrueToon

Still can't get my head round why Lovenkrands tried to chip Robinson yesterday

Same here,Kammy just said on "Goals On Sunday" He should have just tucked it down the side of Robinson.He's right,Extremely difficult to lob Robinson from there and if not he should have played it to Best who was un-marked.

Williamson at times yesterday was poor.

Loven constantly s***

Nolan was non existant

And yet again Jonas cannot take a man on. Always has to use Jose. And if Jose has the ball he stands 2 yeards away from him which doesn't make it hard for the defenders to recover. Like Ronalod said great athlete s*** footballer.

Aye, we obviously can't score. It's not as if we've put in 12 in our last six league matches or anything.

I've heard of lies, damned lies and statistics, but this is ridiculous - how many decent chances have been created an MISSED ? Also, 2 pens in the Arsenal game, so only 10 on 6 games from open play.

Also, how many did we concede playing in those games v Bolton and WBA ? 8, I believe it was.....

You can extract anything you like from any period to prove your point but we are living with reality here..

Tiote scored HOW many before last week ? Its not even his job and he won't get many more...how many will Coloccini get and it was his goal that won us a point against Spurs...?

We have, as the expert alpal has pointed out, now lost Carroll and he has been replaced by a 34 yr old has been....we are looking at where the goals will come from in the NEXT 6 games, not the past.

You had better hope that Best keeps doing it because Ranger and Lovenkrands won't....see yesterday.

I'm confused. Why have you brought up the WBA and Bolton games?  Those games weren't in the last six and Carroll played in both.

10 goals from 6 games is bad?  Seems reasonable to me.  I also didn't realise we were taking away pens from our tally, they all count so I'm not sure why.

Loven constantly s***

Nolan was non existant

And yet again Jonas cannot take a man on. Always has to use Jose. And if Jose has the ball he stands 2 yeards away from him which doesn't make it hard for the defenders to recover. Like Ronalod said great athlete s*** footballer.

Williamson played well and Nolan was really good I thought.  All about opinions though I suppose

Loven constantly s***

Nolan was non existant

Williamson played well and Nolan was really good I thought.  All about opinions though I suppose

People basically have preset "impressions" about player and their viewing of the match is warped to fit those impressions.

When Nolan doesn't score he has to be shit. God forbid he actually contribute to the match in other ways.

Just got back, great day out by all accounts and a decent performance overall. I was slightly intoxicated but from what I can remember we were the better team, no?

I like the idea of coming on the internet to try and find out what kind of day you had :laugh:

:lol:

Just watching MOTD there and yeah we played well like. Enrique was even better than I remembered.

Haven't watched it yet, I'm still half cut so it'll still not sink in properly. :lol:

My main feeling from yesterday was that it was a slightly frustrating game that we should've won easily. They were shit.

Loven constantly s***

Nolan was non existant

Shhh, you can't say that or Greg will come and tell you to fuck off.

Loven constantly s***

Nolan was non existant

Nolan actually won the ball many times yesterday.

Loven constantly s***

Nolan was non existant

Jonas was good yesterday and had the beating of Salgado a number of times.

Aye, we obviously can't score. It's not as if we've put in 12 in our last six league matches or anything.

I've heard of lies, damned lies and statistics, but this is ridiculous - how many decent chances have been created an MISSED ? Also, 2 pens in the Arsenal game, so only 10 on 6 games from open play.

Also, how many did we concede playing in those games v Bolton and WBA ? 8, I believe it was.....

You can extract anything you like from any period to prove your point but we are living with reality here..

Tiote scored HOW many before last week ? Its not even his job and he won't get many more...how many will Coloccini get and it was his goal that won us a point against Spurs...?

We have, as the expert alpal has pointed out, now lost Carroll and he has been replaced by a 34 yr old has been....we are looking at where the goals will come from in the NEXT 6 games, not the past.

You had better hope that Best keeps doing it because Ranger and Lovenkrands won't....see yesterday.

I'm confused. Why have you brought up the WBA and Bolton games?  Those games weren't in the last six and Carroll played in both.

10 goals from 6 games is bad?  Seems reasonable to me.  I also didn't realise we were taking away pens from our tally, they all count so I'm not sure why.

Stay confused - its easier that way...!

I'm confused. Why have you brought up the WBA and Bolton games?  Those games weren't in the last six and Carroll played in both.

10 goals from 6 games is bad?  Seems reasonable to me.  I also didn't realise we were taking away pens from our tally, they all count so I'm not sure why.

Stay confused - its easier that way...!

I see your argument has fallen apart then.

Bless.

Was happy with the point, but after seeing the highlights, it really looks like we should've won. Lovenkrands should've buried his chance instead of playing a clever dick.

Lovenkrands missed the target when one on one, may as well have hit the corner flag.

World class from Jose to set him up with the forty yard pass after his party piece of relieving a rampaging opposition forward of the ball as if he wasnt there.

Was happy with the point, but after seeing the highlights, it really looks like we should've won. Lovenkrands should've buried his chance instead of playing a clever dick.

Lovenkrands missed the target when one on one, may as well have hit the corner flag.

That was kind of balanced out by Santa Cruz hitting the post from point blank range when it looked easier to score.

Just got this from a colleague (Southend fan), thought it was quite nice:

Hello Pete,

Bit of a bizarre one this weekend.....................

Set off 8am Sat morn to watch the mighty Shrimpers attempt to equal all time record of 5 away wins on the spin (no idea how we had managed to chalk up four so far ).......................away to Accrington Stanley !

265 miles later arrived at Accy's ground at 2pm , to be told the game had been called off at 1.30pm due to a waterlogged pitch !  No prior mention of any possible problem .......the look of despair on my sons faces wasn't really what I had put all that effort in for .

Grabbed the newspaper and scoured the fixtures for anything near enough to still get to , and at 2.15 pulled out the Accy car park headed for Blackburn.

Just got there in time and at 3pm dead took our seats in the home stand , right alongside a sellout end of Toon supporters in full voice, and I mean in full voice ........

There are some crazy ones in that travelling army , which was a good few thousand strong.

Enjoyed the match , albeit 0-0 , and both teams hit the woodwork early on ........ but felt very odd being shouted at by thousands of Geordies that my support was , shall we say , 'not good' , to be polite !

The support they gave Newcastle was fantastic and I was hoping for a black and white goal as I would have liked to have seen the celebrations !!