Table at this point in 2009?

Superior Acuña

Not the table, but...

Match for match from our relegation season (used Blackpool as Hull etc for teams that are now in Championship), we are 17 points better off. This is a reason why I believe we WILL stay up.

Man United away 3-0. 1-1. -1

Villa home 6-0. 2-0. -1

Wolves away 1-1. Hull 1-1. -1

Blackpool home 0-2. Portsmouth 0-0. -2

Everton away 0-1. 1-1. 0

Stoke home 1-2. 2-2. -1

Man City away 2-1. 2-1. -1

Wigan home 2-2. 2-2. -1

West Ham away 1-2. 3-1. 2

Mackems home 5-1. 1-1. 4

Arsenal away 0-1. 3-0. 7

Blackburn home 1-2. 1-2. 7

Fulham home 0-0. 0-1. 8

Bolton away 5-1. 1-0. 8

Chelsea home 1-1. 0-2. 9

WBA away 3-1. 2-3. 6

Liverpool home 3-1. 1-5. 9

Man City home 1-3. 2-2. 8

Spurs away 2-0. 1-0. 8

Wigan away 0-1. 2-1. 11

West ham home 5-0. 2-2. 13

Mackems away 1-1. 2-1. 14

Spurs home 1-1. 2-1. 15

Fulham away 1-0. 2-1. 15

Arsenal home 4-4. 1-3. 16

Blackburn away 0-0. 3-0. 17

I may have worked it out wrong, but meh. Still shows we are better off.

Not the table, but...

Match for match from our relegation season (used Blackpool as Hull etc for teams that are now in Championship), we are 17 points better off. This is a reason why I believe we WILL stay up.

Aaarg, I hate it when someone makes such a big effort in good faith andis yet going to get their post deleted because of fixture lists.

Not the table, but...

I may have worked it out wrong, but meh. Still shows we are better off.

14, not 17. You gave us a point v spurs h, whereas we should have gone down 2. (2-1, 1-1)

Aaarg, I hate it when someone makes such a big effort in good faith andis yet going to get their post deleted because of fixture lists.

That's not a fixture list.

All the games we've played so far this season in order? That is a fixture list.

Although if my definition is incorrect then good as the dude put the effort in.

I spent a lot of that season thinking, we're playing shit, but at least we are above Spurs. My Spurs supporting fans reminded me of this regularly as they got toward CL qualification while we were in the Championship.

Not the table, but...

I'm a sad git and already had it on my laptop. And didn't realise this would be classed as a fixture list.

the slight differnce between now and then is we currently don't look in complete disarray.

:thup:

Also, there's a fair chance we'll have one manager between now and the end of the season as opposed to three. :lol:

the slight differnce between now and then is we currently don't look in complete disarray.

:thup:

Also, there's a fair chance we'll have one manager between now and the end of the season as opposed to three. :lol:

theres time.

Thank you.

Wow there was a lot of change. Mackems, hull, us went from 11,12,13 to 16,17,18. Spurs from 16th to 8th! 

Worryingly, we were only 1 point closer to relegation than we are now. 

Also, Steve Bruce's Wigan were 7th, but finished 11th.

While that table is for the corresponding 2009 date, the number of games played is quite different.  This is a more comparable table:

http://www.statto.com/football/stats/england/premier-league/2008-2009/table/2009-03-01