Football Quiz - Fotballkortbaluba

Begbie

Number 9 could be Rufete who used to play for Valencia with the likes of Mendieta, Angloma, Angulo, etc.

The black and white picture could be Puskas maybe.

The dude with the daft haircut I have no idea of, but looks Brazilian to me. :lol: The other one could be Shola's dad, if not.... some player for the New York Cosmos I reckon.

Pretty sure he's Rufete, I actually remember seeing him with that devil shirt. Top right is indeed Laurie Cunningham, first black player to play for Real Madrid.

Not too sure about the B/W being Puskas, up to his death bed he always combed his hair towards the back.

The fella inbetween Robson and Zidan is definitely Marco Antonio Etcheverry

Still remember how overhyped Maturana's Bolivia was in 1994 (at least over here). Couldn't do it outside La Paz.

True. They did have a couple household names like (Etcheverry & E.Sanchez) but Bolivia are always going to suffer from that problem. (aside from the general lack of infrastructure in the country) I can't believe away teams don't get humped more often in La Paz, I couldn't imagine running around there, I was knackered just from walking around.

Still remember how overhyped Maturana's Bolivia was in 1994 (at least over here). Couldn't do it outside La Paz.

True. They did have a couple household names like (Etcheverry & E.Sanchez) but Bolivia are always going to suffer from that problem. (aside from the general lack of infrastructure in the country) I can't believe away teams don't get humped more often in La Paz, I couldn't imagine running around there, I was knackered just from walking around.

Didn't the FIFA intend to veto stadia at high altitudes? How did that end?

Didn't the FIFA intend to veto stadia at high altitudes? How did that end?

Yeah they did for a little while but Bolivia and Ecuador kicked up a fuss and a few others too so nothing happened. Maradona was involved too IIRC as he is mates with Evo Morales despite Argentina getting humped 6-1 there.

Bolivia are lucky they do have the altitude currently as they only picked up 1 point away in qualifying for the last World Cup (against Brazil believe it or not who they beat when I went and watched them in the return game although it wasn't a full strength Brazil side unfortunately.) 

16 is Ade Akinbiyi, remember him doing that celebration  :sadnod:

yeah, i remember that season.... he was a complete joke. I think he scored the only goal against Sunderland in that pic, incidently. :lol:

Can't believe he went for £5.5M. :lol:

Oh man Olisadebe, he used to be class! Think he was to sign for Juventus at one point but failed a medical or that they lost interest because of his dodgy knee, got completely fucked up by injuries in any case.

Poland played some brilliant football in the WC 2002 qualification (with Oli scoring 8 goals), Jerzy Engel got the absolute best out of the team and I don´t think I´ve ever seen as many players so massively overachieve. Then before the world cup in 2002 there were a lot of off-field problems and Boniek (the vice president of the Polish FA at the time) wanted to have a hand in everything and some say he was picking the team behind the scenes. Poland crashed out of the group stage after losing their first two games and in the aftermatch Engel was controversialy sacked by the FA and none other than Boniek took over, turned out Boniek was clueless as a manager and resigned with shame after only 5 games. A lot of people lost their respect for Boniek after that fiasco, including myself.