Toon Army: North America

Guest toonarmymia

1 minute ago, cubaricho said:

So fucking stoked dude! I hope there’s a decent turn out midweek. Last time I was there was with @Ameritoonand the turnout was great. 

Messaged the admin of the Mile High Group and they said mid-week games are tough due to work, but that 1-2 would plan to come to meet etc. Not bothered with the turnout, just happy we get to hang out after so long! :) 

Just now, Kanji said:

Messaged the admin of the Mile High Group and they said mid-week games are tough due to work, but that 1-2 would plan to come to meet etc. Not bothered with the turnout, just happy we get to hang out after so long! :) 

Hell yeah. Was the last time when you were here with your boys and we all were hammered on the rooftop bar?! :lol: 

1 minute ago, cubaricho said:

Hell yeah. Was the last time when you were here with your boys and we all were hammered on the rooftop bar?! :lol: 

Ya, for work. My colleague bounced and you and I went down the deep end for a few hours :lol: 

1 minute ago, LordJake said:

Let me know where you’re watching it lads. My brother is a Denver resident for over twenty years normally watches at home 

https://www.celticonmarket.com/

Will probably get there around 1215-1230p and look forward to meeting your brother if he wants to join us. 

Edited by Kanji

Who was it?

I was watching an MLS match the other day and some keeper from the 90s (Tony Meola) was the color commentator and he kept using seriously 90s phrases and it was driving me nuts. :lol: 

• 10 months later...

I should also quantify this with that it’s for the Premier League Fan Fest thing. We’re signed up but honestly not even that concerned with getting to the actual event. We’re mostly just hanging hard all weekend. 

18 minutes ago, cubaricho said:

I should also quantify this with that it’s for the Premier League Fan Fest thing. We’re signed up but honestly not even that concerned with getting to the actual event. We’re mostly just hanging hard all weekend. 

It sounds like fun for sure. I likely can't travel though. 

34 minutes ago, cubaricho said:

you should try and go to the event. You’ll love seeing other toon fans mate. Enjoy. I’ll be unable to make it as I’ll be at a wedding that weekend. 

37 minutes ago, Kanji said:

you should try and go to the event. You’ll love seeing other toon fans mate. Enjoy. I’ll be unable to make it as I’ll be at a wedding that weekend. 

I just wish some Toon legends were going to be there. I’d love to shake Shearer’s hand. And I’m scared of all our new fans these days. I only want to go watch with you and @Ameritoon (y’all are just the last two I’ve watched with :lol:) or anyone else from the board these days. 

This trip is pretty much just an excuse for all my married friends I haven’t seen in years to be able to leave the wives at home for an extended boys weekend. :lol: 

Edited by cubaricho

12 hours ago, Stifler said:

Is there going to be another Premier League Summer Series?

I think they said there would be but I’d imagine it’ll be different teams this year. 

Not sure who they’ll get though since that Rivalry in Red crap with Arsenal, Man U, and Liverpool already got announced. 

16 hours ago, cubaricho said:

I just wish some Toon legends were going to be there. I’d love to shake Shearer’s hand. And I’m scared of all our new fans these days. I only want to go watch with you and @Ameritoon (y’all are just the last two I’ve watched with :lol:) or anyone else from the board these days. 

This trip is pretty much just an excuse for all my married friends I haven’t seen in years to be able to leave the wives at home for an extended boys weekend. :lol: 

Harper and Given may be there; Shearer was last time in Orlando. 

12 hours ago, Stifler said:

Is there going to be another Premier League Summer Series?

Not this year. Everyone doing their own thing. Chelsea and City also apparently coming to the US.

Not surprisingly part of the problem are the red clubs:

"The Summer Series has faced several other issues, one being an ongoing dispute within the Premier League. England’s top flight centrally wishes to package a collective broadcast deal for showing the fixtures. However, several Premier League clubs generate significant revenue by selling subscriptions to watch pre-season fixtures on their platforms. These clubs believe they can secure more lucrative match fees by organising games through deals with promoters independently."

There's also the fact Copa America is in the US this summer and then NBC, the Premier League's partner, is the broadcaster for the Olympics. 

It's been reported that it will be back in 2025, but the Club World Cup will be in the US that summer and then the World Cup in 2026. Could be challenging.

On 04/03/2024 at 21:47, cubaricho said:

You know what I’d tell you, I would just disappear for a few hours and hit the PL thing up to watch the match and then rejoin :lol: 

• 3 weeks later...