Toon Army: North America

Guest toonarmymia

From Peter Dillon's 36th

"Renowned as the bar where everyone knows your name, Peter Dillons 36th is the home of Newcastle United in NYC. Nee Stinking Mackems welcome. We offer 14 draft beers, an array of bottled beers and a full bar. If beer isn’t your thing, check out our new cocktail menu which features a little something for every taste. Located 2 blocks from the Empire State Building, Peter Dillons 36th offers a traditional Irish charm in the middle of Midtown Manhattan. We show all sports on our HD TVs and show all Newcastle United games with sound. We have daily drink specials and also offer $4 shots of Jameson, Jagermeister and Jose Cuervo all day everyday."

On 05/11/2022 at 10:29, Ameritoon said:

AJ Hudson's, The Globe, and Cleo's will all have it. Some Chicago supporters watch at AJ Hudson's, but I like The Globe and Cleo's more 

Mother Hubbard's should also be open if you're downtown 

Had an absolute ball at AJ Hudsons. Thanks so much for recommendation.

On plane back now, just hoping we land on time as straight up to St James’ for the Palace game. 

4 hours ago, Whitley mag said:

From Peter Dillon's 36th

"Renowned as the bar where everyone knows your name, Peter Dillons 36th is the home of Newcastle United in NYC. Nee Stinking Mackems welcome. We offer 14 draft beers, an array of bottled beers and a full bar. If beer isn’t your thing, check out our new cocktail menu which features a little something for every taste. Located 2 blocks from the Empire State Building, Peter Dillons 36th offers a traditional Irish charm in the middle of Midtown Manhattan. We show all sports on our HD TVs and show all Newcastle United games with sound. We have daily drink specials and also offer $4 shots of Jameson, Jagermeister and Jose Cuervo all day everyday."

2 hours ago, CFlan said:

Dillions is a good spot to watch our games. I know one of the owners and he’s a genuine Newcastle fan. 

Found out it’s our NY office watering hole. Good to know for future visits!

4 hours ago, PRL said:

Had an absolute ball at AJ Hudsons. Thanks so much for recommendation.

On plane back now, just hoping we land on time as straight up to St James’ for the Palace game. 

Happy to help, hope you enjoyed the city and the wind.

• 2 months later...
On 17/10/2022 at 10:21, SEMTEX said:

Went to the fanfest in Philadelphia yesterday.

Probably top 10 worst experiences in my life. Dragged my 3 year old to this "family event"... 3 hours in line to get in. Got in with 20 minutes of the match left, having arrived an hour and a half before kickoff. And then everything inside was a massive wait too.

Just seeing this -- I went as well with my 8 and 5 year olds. We got there at 6am and it took about 90 min to get in. My kids had a good time but it was definitely too crowded. The City Hall setting is cool, but I think the mistake was not doing it at the Art Museum / Eakins Oval. Could have been a smaller version of when the NFL Draft was in Philly and having more space between the viewing areas and the other activities / concessions would make the whole thing better. 

Wonder how mad the Orlando one will be - just going with the wife - don't plan on getting there at 6a as we will have a sitter coming over. Hopefully the cue system and checking will be quicker in Orlando v Philly at a purpose-built venue. 

Met and took photos with Shearer, Given and Harps. What a bloody day. Our club is fucking incredible. The supporters liaison people really are amazing people working their tails off to try and finally build a global fan base. 

head is spinning. 

1 hour ago, Kanji said:

Met and took photos with Shearer, Given and Harps. What a bloody day. Our club is fucking incredible. The supporters liaison people really are amazing people working their tails off to try and finally build a global fan base. 

head is spinning. 

Buzzing you got to meet him! I was no help at all [emoji38]

Hope you had the best day 

On 21/01/2023 at 21:35, Kanji said:

head is spinning. 

You up for sharing pic? 

• 3 months later...
On 05/11/2022 at 11:29, Ameritoon said:

AJ Hudson's, The Globe, and Cleo's will all have it. Some Chicago supporters watch at AJ Hudson's, but I like The Globe and Cleo's more 

Are these still the best places to watch? I will be there this week.

On 05/11/2022 at 11:29, Ameritoon said:

2 minutes ago, Shearer9 said:

Yup, AJ Hudson's is where Newcastle fans go, but Cleo's or The Globe (Arsenal/Villa bar mainly) are also good. A newer one is The Albion Manor but imo it kind of sucks.