Newcastle United 1 - 1 Bolton - 26/02/11 - post match reaction from page 17

midds

That was awesome by Sturridge tbf.

Agreed. He tricked Harper totally. But so fucking irritating. We should have been in front with three goals. Bad pass by Colo that led to the goal. He should not have put Tiote in such a pressured situation when we know how good Bolton is to win balls around opponent's box. Under such situation he should clear the ball so we can reset the defense. Bolton have only been dangerous at dead balls and when we're caught disorganized .

Very good offensive match though. Best, Loven and R. Taylor have all been solid.

Defence looks a bit hesitant, as though they're leaving things for one another.

Tiote being a bit too smart in trying to pass the ball out of defence. He's got a lot of pride but sometimes you just need to hoof it where you're facing.

Guest guinness_fiend

I'm not here but it's sounding reasonably positive :thup:

Apart from a few stumbles, it's been a good performance up to now.  Quite why people think that we should be turning Bolton over without a fight is a bit strange.  We're doing well, conceded thanks to Sturridge's individual skill and there's 45 minutes left.  Come on!

Guest firetotheworks

Agreed. He tricked Harper totally. But so f***ing irritating. We should have been in front with three goals. Bad pass by Colo that led to the goal. He should not have put Tiote in such a pressured situation when we know how good Bolton is to win balls around opponent's box. Under such situation he should clear the ball so we can reset the defense. Bolton have only been dangerous at dead balls and when we're caught disorganized .

Very good offensive match though. Best, Loven and R. Taylor have all been solid.

I meant his turn on Enrique, the goal was nothing overly special, and what looked like poor spring from Harper imo.

Defence looks a bit hesitant, as though they're leaving things for one another.

Tiote being a bit too smart in trying to pass the ball out of defence. He's got a lot of pride but sometimes you just need to hoof it where you're facing.

That was Colo's fault IMO. He was unpressured had all the time in the world but played it quite firmly into Tiote's feet from three metres who had his back to goal and someone bearing down on him from behind. He gets about dozens of those passes into him, it's natural that he wouldn't be able to redistribute all of them accurately first time.

Agreed. He tricked Harper totally. But so f***ing irritating. We should have been in front with three goals. Bad pass by Colo that led to the goal. He should not have put Tiote in such a pressured situation when we know how good Bolton is to win balls around opponent's box. Under such situation he should clear the ball so we can reset the defense. Bolton have only been dangerous at dead balls and when we're caught disorganized .

I meant his turn on Enrique, the goal was nothing overly special, and what looked like poor spring from Harper imo.

I reacted on that finish too, could Harps have done better? The ball was not that hard and it was not placed near the post..

Guest guinness_fiend

Pardew has been working with our defence like, we have gone backwards.

:facepalm:

:kneejerk:

Is there really no kneejerk emoticon?  On *this* forum?  Christ!

Guest neesy111

Pardew has been working with our defence like, we have gone backwards.

:facepalm:

:kneejerk:

Is there really no kneejerk emoticon?  On *this* forum?  Christ!

I know, we need one!

Sturridge is looking immense. Has to be in Chelsea's plans for next season.

I said Chelsea wont be selling him but some doyle on here was pretty sure he would be surplus at Chelsea. No way will Chelsea be selling him now he has proved himself with game time while the Drog is getting poore by the game.

Sturridge is looking immense. Has to be in Chelsea's plans for next season.

I said Chelsea wont be selling him but some doyle on here was pretty sure he would be surplus at Chelsea. No way will Chelsea be selling him now he has proved himself with game time while the Drog is getting poore by the game.

Aye. See Jack Wilshere for example. You don't go to all the effort of getting from City to fuck him off after no time whatsoever. Peoples is dafties.