KK - "Pardew Won't See A Penny Of It"

Crumpy Gunt

The people who side against Keegan are either too young or too stupid to appreciate what he did here when he was allowed to choose his own players.

There is no other explantion for some of the guff in this thread.

i'm certainly not one of those two and i'd like to think i'm not the other. keegan gave me the best football i've ever seen at SJP but can't help thinking he left because he was told we'd be having to belt tighten for a bit.

on another note it's supposed to be very strange for someone on a fixed term contract to win a constructive dismissal case and not have at least the remainder of the contract paid up.

R u saying both camps were in the wrong but only Cashley looked the bad guy ,i hate what Ashley has done to our previous managers and im not defending him in the least just interested in your view tbh .

i'd like to know who keegan was actually after, there was the( much derided on here) NotW piece about who he was after and not a sniff of denial from the keegan camp, he's known throughout football for throwing ultimatums about, did he really think he'd have the final say on all players, he'd be the only manager around today to have that, i've always thougth that the tribunal found in his favour as a technically correct decision as per his contract but he never even got his contract paid up as everyone knows that those are things are said but not real (ie has alex ferguson the final say if he goes to his board and says he wants 100mill to buy messi and they say "no"). all managers have to know the confines in which they are working and i'm not sure if keegan did.

Makes me laugh how in general the wankers who hang around for their huge pay-off don't seem to get as much grief as those who walk away. Being incompetent and awarded money to fuck off, it's ridiculous. :lol:

Sorry to point this out, but here you are in perfect agreement with Ashley.

If that's the case then he's perfectly right. What exactly are you getting at?

The people who side against Keegan are either too young or too stupid to appreciate what he did here when he was allowed to choose his own players.

i'm certainly not one of those two and i'd like to think i'm not the other. keegan gave me the best football i've ever seen at SJP but can't help thinking he left because he was told we'd be having to belt tighten for a bit.

on another note it's supposed to be very strange for someone on a fixed term contract to win a constructive dismissal case and not have at least the remainder of the contract paid up.

i think it was a bit more wrong doing by the employers than just that.

Make your choice madras.

young

stupid

guff

i was actually referring to his first leaving as is quite obvious to the reference of the best football i've seen.

make your choice cp40

stupid

blind

ignorant

misunderstanding

R u saying both camps were in the wrong but only Cashley looked the bad guy ,i hate what Ashley has done to our previous managers and im not defending him in the least just interested in your view tbh .

i'd like to know who keegan was actually after, there was the( much derided on here) NotW piece about who he was after and not a sniff of denial from the keegan camp, he's known throughout football for throwing ultimatums about, did he really think he'd have the final say on all players, he'd be the only manager around today to have that, i've always thougth that the tribunal found in his favour as a technically correct decision as per his contract but he never even got his contract paid up as everyone knows that those are things are said but not real (ie has alex ferguson the final say if he goes to his board and says he wants 100mill to buy messi and they say "no"). all managers have to know the confines in which they are working and i'm not sure if keegan did.

Not alot wrong with that its a pity we will never find out tbh

i was hoping it would all come out at the tribunal.

Make your choice madras.

young

stupid

guff

i was actually referring to his first leaving as is quite obvious to the reference of the best football i've seen.

make your choice cp40

stupid

blind

ignorant

misunderstanding

Make your choice madras.

young

stupid

guff

make your choice cp40

stupid

blind

ignorant

misunderstanding

oh aye, can be all those things when it suits- add loyal as well tho.

like you said somewhere Ive heard 101 reasons for his first leaving.

Make your choice madras.

young

stupid

guff

make your choice cp40

stupid

blind

ignorant

misunderstanding

Make your choice madras.

young

stupid

guff

make your choice cp40

stupid

blind

ignorant

misunderstanding

oh aye, can be all those things when it suits- add loyal as well tho.

like you said somewhere Ive heard 101 reasons for his first leaving.

Didnt get a dummy when he got took out for a walk :snod:

And those who will unconditionaly defend him are just burrying their head in the sand. Refusing to acknowledge he walked out on the club twice and decided to be part of the problem in a season where we got relegated.

And those who will unconditionaly defend him are just burrying their head in the sand. Refusing to acknowledge he walked out on the club twice and decided to be part of the problem in a season where we got relegated.

:fishing:

chomp.

Nah, he's probably also desperate for Keegan to be right here, and that the club doesn't see any of the money... because that's what is more important :lol:

Nah, he's probably also desperate for Keegan to be right here, and that the club doesn't see any of the money... because that's what is more important :lol:

What ARE you banging on about? You're not seriously blaming relegation on KK...

Guest Wally_McFool

The absurdity of thinking KK is completely blameless in the whole situation.

Keegan and Shearer are the ones totally at fault for our relegation a couple of seasons back.

There, does that make you feel better.  :lol:

Is this £25m figure undisputed now, was it mentioned in the tribunal records or something? I thought it was just paper-talk.

It was made explicit in the tribunal report.

The £2 million that he ended up with was the severance pay specified in his contract, should the contract be terminated. Keegan attempted to have that clause annulled by the tribunal, but wasn't successful.

i was hoping it would all come out at the tribunal.

The thing about the tribunal was that it was an action initiated by lawyers who simply had one motive and that was to get a legal victory (it is the way of the world). Which is why a no mark like Nacho Gonzalez became the focal point of the whole action. Keegan's legal team were able to build their case on what happened with Gonzalez because there was clearly evidence (emails etc) that showed that Gonzalez was not a KK signing.  So they hung their whole case on that transaction. I think the real trigger for Keegan was what happened with Milner but there wasn't enough legal evidence for his lawyers to launch a sustainable case based on the Milner sale. IMO   

Guest magpie99

Well, now, this is a hige statement. You have to be either young or an idiot not to love Keegan. I am not young (56) and I am not an idiot (particularly high IQ) and I am not a Keegan hater. But, I can look at a problem from a more global aspect, looking at the big picture rather than being a tunnell visioned drone living on past history like some on here.

For the person who mentioned how well we were doing at the start of the season before he left, lets just look at it with a bit more analysis. Yes, the away draw against Man Utd was a good display. However, we got lucky at home against Bolton. They played us off the park that day and Nolan missed a penalty late on only for Owen to score even later on to win the game. I thought at the time we looked insipid. A thoroughly deserved 0-3 defeat at Arsenal followed by a fairly innocous performace in the Carling Cup at Coventry (3-2) beofre he quit. Yep, I woiuld call that start pretty damned impressive.

For the pwerson quoting How KK turned Howey into a centre half. Lets be honest, the giy wasnt particularly good as a centre forward and you cannot say KK brought the likes of Clark, Howey, Watson and Elliott through from the juniors because he didnt. Ardiles did this and KK inherited them when he took over as manager. His recotd in bringing in young players from within the ranks anywhere is virtually non existent. It is Ashley's policy to follow the Arsenal structure and KK could not adapt to it. It is not in his make up and like a lot of other managers, Martin O'Neill included, he needs to spend highly to succeed.

Keegan and Shearer are the ones totally at fault for our relegation a couple of seasons back.

There, does that make you feel better.  :lol:

Same old s***. Criticising Keegan = Loving Ashley.

A bit rich accusing others of spouting the same old s*** when you roll out the "spat the dummy out" argument repeatedly in the face of evidence compelling enough to convince an independent Premier League panel that KK had been, in effect, forced out.

http://www.newcastle-online.org/nufcforum/index.php/topic,75153.msg2841019.html#msg2841019

Guest Wally_McFool

Well, now, this is a hige statement. You have to be either young or an idiot not to love Keegan. I am not young (56) and I am not an idiot (particularly high IQ) and I am not a Keegan hater. But, I can look at a problem from a more global aspect, looking at the big picture rather than being a tunnell visioned drone living on past history like some on here.

For the person who mentioned how well we were doing at the start of the season before he left, lets just look at it with a bit more analysis. Yes, the away draw against Man Utd was a good display. However, we got lucky at home against Bolton. They played us off the park that day and Nolan missed a penalty late on only for Owen to score even later on to win the game. I thought at the time we looked insipid. A thoroughly deserved 0-3 defeat at Arsenal followed by a fairly innocous performace in the Carling Cup at Coventry (3-2) beofre he quit. Yep, I woiuld call that start pretty damned impressive.

For the pwerson quoting How KK turned Howey into a centre half. Lets be honest, the giy wasnt particularly good as a centre forward and you cannot say KK brought the likes of Clark, Howey, Watson and Elliott through from the juniors because he didnt. Ardiles did this and KK inherited them when he took over as manager. His recotd in bringing in young players from within the ranks anywhere is virtually non existent. It is Ashley's policy to follow the Arsenal structure and KK could not adapt to it. It is not in his make up and like a lot of other managers, Martin O'Neill included, he needs to spend highly to succeed.

If you've got a high IQ, then I've got bad news for you,  your keyboards fucked.   ;D

(Only jesting with you, mate!)

Not praising KK for Howey's conversion is pathetic, frankly. Or is it universal practice to just give crap centre-forwards a go at the back? He also brought the youngsters - particularly Lee Clark - on leaps and bounds after their confidence was all but shattered by being thrown in together at once by Ossie (God love him).

To suggest Ashley's policy is to follow the Arsenal way is equally laughable - or spectacularly gullible - or both. Just because that's the policy the club say they are pursuing doesn't make it so, ffs.

Or does Wenger have players sold against his wishes and others signed for him by other people (via Youtube)?

Jesus wept.