Newcastle United 1 - 2 Everton - 05/03/11 - post match reaction from page 26

Dave

Guest Loven11

Can't believe how much space Baines was given for the first goal.

I agree that Shola has to start instead of Loven like, thought we did better 2nd half but wasn't enough and they could

have scored more than 2 tbh.

Oh well, can't win them all ( or draw in our case ). Hopefully get Joey back for Stoke and Jose depending on what his injury was.

Can't believe how much space Baines was given for the first goal.

I agree that Shola has to start instead of Loven like, thought we did better 2nd half but wasn't enough and they could

have scored more than 2 tbh.

Oh well, can't win them all ( or draw in our case ). Hopefully get Joey back for Stoke and Jose depending on what his injury was.

a severe case of bad body language.

http://www.newmediamedicine.com/forum/customavatars/avatar23917_1.gif

I'd like to see Kuqi on much earlier by the way, when on earth has Lovenkrands last scored when we stuck with him all the way to the 80th minute?

What on earth are you on about?

What's not clear about personally not wanting to have to wait for us to bring on Kuqi with 6 minutes to go? Tired of Lovenkrands staying on the pitch for ages with no hope of scoring.

I'd like to see Kuqi on much earlier by the way, when on earth has Lovenkrands last scored when we stuck with him all the way to the 80th minute?

What's not clear about personally not wanting to have to wait for us to bring on Kuqi with 6 minutes to go? Tired of Lovenkrands staying on the pitch for ages with no hope of scoring.

Lovenkrands played 90 mins, mate.

Guthrie was sat on the bench? I assumed he was out injured and that's why Simpson was played in midfield. Maybe we are protecting him from injury in case Forest want to loan him.

I smiled :)

Tired of seeing him stay on the pitch for so long not looking like scoring at all, can't recall the last time sticking with him for so long on the pitch ended up with him scoring. Hoped Kuqi would come on for Lovekrands long before Best had to go off injured.

Tired of seeing him stay on the pitch for so long not looking like scoring at all, can't recall the last time sticking with him for so long on the pitch ended up with him scoring. Hoped Kuqi would come on for Lovekrands long before Best had to go off injured.

Lovenkrands was shocking but even more shocking was Stephen taylor who was a disgrace and will be looking at a 3 match ban now for his assault on Saha in the 1st half.

Guest neesy111

Harper - 7

Simpson - 5

S. Taylor - 2

Williamson - 8

Coloccini - 7

Enrique - 6

Nolan - 5

Tiote - 8

Jonas - 6

Best - 7

Lovenkrands - 3

Ferguson - 6

Ameobi - 6

Kuqi - N/A

Williamson - 8

Jonas - 6

Swap them around.

Harper - 7

Simpson - 5

S. Taylor - 2

Williamson - 8

Coloccini - 7

Enrique - 6

Nolan - 5

Tiote - 8

Jonas - 6

Best - 7

Lovenkrands - 3

Ferguson - 6

Ameobi - 6

Kuqi - N/A

Williamson - 8

Jonas - 6

Swap them around.

Thought Jonas played well.  Maybe deserved a 7 tbf, but didn't really produce anything of value.

Williamson had a really good game, I thought.

Nolan deserved more than any 5 mind.

Why?  I'm not sure any of them deserved more than 5 other than Jonas.

He got into some good positions in the penalty area and also covered a lot of ground tracking back etc, i thought Nolan and Jonas played well.

Harper - 7

Simpson - 5

S. Taylor - 2

Williamson - 8

Coloccini - 7

Enrique - 6

Nolan - 5

Tiote - 8

Jonas - 6

Best - 7

Lovenkrands - 3

Ferguson - 6

Ameobi - 6

Kuqi - N/A

Williamson - 8

Jonas - 6

Swap them around.

Thought Jonas played well.  Maybe deserved a 7 tbf, but didn't really produce anything of value.

Williamson had a really good game, I thought.

Agreed. Williamson has grown for each game. I think he's been our most consistent defender recently.

Harper - 8 - three top draw saves.

S.Taylor - 4 - unsettled the back four by his presence, stood off Arteta far too much. Booked.

Williamson - 6 - not at his best today but did ok. Struggled as the game got more stretched which is to be expected.

Coloccini - 6 - as above.

Enrique - 6 - did ok before succumbing to injury. Missed him in the second when pushing for the equaliser.

Simpson - 5 - offered nowt on the RW which is to be expected.

Tiote - 7 - solid enough and always showed for the ball

Nolan - 6.5 - made some decent forward runs on several occaisions today. Sort of set up the goal.

Jonas - 8 -  skinned Hibbert repeatedly and fashioned some decent chances, one for Nolan in particular. Absolutely superb in terms of effort and application too. MOM.

Lovenkrands - 2 - What can be said that hasn't already. Offered nowt upfront and then somehow even less out wide. Baines has never had it so easy

Best - 7 - handful, and took up a good position for his goal.

Shola - 6 - looked bright when he came on and then faded.

Ferguson - 6 - did well, should've been on earlier.

Kuqi - 5 - no time to shine.

Harper - 7 - Made some good saves, and essentially kept us in the game.

Taylor - 3 - What a terrible performance. His positioning was terrible, his closing down non-existent and his tracking just not there. Would have had more luck playing Pardew there.

Williamson - 7 - Thought he was really good. Covered for Taylor alot and stopped most of Everton's counters in the second half

Colo - 7 - Did alright. Nothing wrong really, not his fault that he was left by himself when everyone pushed forward for an equaliser.

Enrique - 6 - Meh. Nothing really of note due to early injury. Didn't think much of his slump down the tunnel like.

Simpson - 5 - I'm being generous because he spent most of the game in two stupid positions. He's not a winger, or a LB though.

Tiote - 7 - Just did a 'Tiote' today. Comfortable on the ball, some good touches and tidying up.

Nolan - 5 - Did well in the first half. Non-existent in the second, hence why the mark comes down. Thought it was pointless him being on the pitch in the last 10 mins.

Jonas - 7.5 - Worked himself into the ground (and more). Thought his attitude and his effort were spot on, and his finished piece were generally good too. MOTM.

Lovenkrands - 3 - Is generally a wasteful player, so was never going to be effective on the wing. Waste of a spot on the teamsheet.

Best - 6 - Generally impressed with him. Loved his 'poachers' goal.

Shola - 6.5 - Welcome back Shola! Decent enough. Still think he's our most comfortable forward on the ball (and that is saying something :lol: )

Ferguson - 6 - A decent enough appearance from the youngster. Should have been on the wing though (with Jonas on the right)

Kuqi - N/A

Pardew - 3 - Terrible choice of team - Should never have had Simpson on the wing, and Lovenkrands on the wing/Simpson at LB was an even stupider mistake. Might as well have just pulled positions out of a hat for the team.

Howard Webb - 0 - Never has the chant "You're not fit to referee" been more telling. This guy is the best referee in England? :lol: He wasn't even the best referee on the pitch. Thought he was terrible (for both teams) and generally didn't let the game flow. Was as if he was deliberately trying to not get influenced by the crowd so was deliberately being controversial.

Actually agree with nearly all of JH's ratings/comments.

Colo looked a little off-colour and has for a few games but maybe that's just me judging him against his own exceptionally high capabilities.