Whos better on LW, Duff or Luque?

Guest stormrider
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Duff!

But how on earth can we tell after Luque has played one game where he was out there, I  don't even think Roeder was wanting him out that wide anyway, I think he was meant to have been closer to Sibi.

But Duff tracks back way more than Luque and is by far more direct.

The question is who IS better not who will be better.

Luque has done more for the club so far in less games, goals and assists.  I can`t see why some people prefer a player who runs around and looks the part on the pitch ( Duff ) but has given us nothing over a player that has given us goals ( 1 even against the mackems) and an important assist and goal in europe.

If people are voting Duff because how good he HAS been then its fair to do the same with Luque. Its fair to say Duff has done fuck all here so far in more minutes on the pitch than Luque.

The question is who IS better not who will be better.

Luque has done more for the club so far in less games, goals and assists.  I can`t see why some people prefer a player who runs around and looks the part on the pitch ( Duff ) but has given us nothing over a player that has given us goals ( 1 even against the mackems) and an important assist and goal in europe.

If people are voting Duff because how good he HAS been then its fair to do the same with Luque. Its fair to say Duff has done **** all here so far in more minutes on the pitch than Luque.

How many league goals and assists has Luque got for us?

Duff has been a let down. But he's still proven himself more effective on the left wing than Luque.

Guest Gemmill

The mong count is up to 37.  Is there no way you can track who voted for the useless Spanish twat and out them on this thread?  Some of them have been stupid enough to expose themselves - pissing myself laughing that on the basis of 3 good crosses and a corner the other night, Luque is now the assist king of NUFC. :lol:  Cretins.

Honestly I despair at how gaga people are going over this no-effort useless piece of shit.  You all want your heads read. 

The mong count is up to 37.  Is there no way you can track who voted for the useless Spanish **** and out them on this thread?  Some of them have been stupid enough to expose themselves - pissing myself laughing that on the basis of 3 good crosses and a corner the other night, Luque is now the assist king of NUFC. :lol:  Cretins.

Honestly I despair at how gaga people are going over this no-effort useless piece of shit.  You all want your heads read. 

What he said, only i'd have sworn more.

I've been saying for ages how i want to see Luque playing on the left-wing for us, and i can't help but be encouraged by what i saw the other night. I knew he could cross well, and he did. They weren't good crosses, they were absolutely brilliant crosses - just begging to be put in the net. And had we have had more than one receiver in the box, if we had had Martins in there, we would have scored from those crosses.

I know you hate him Gemmill but i believe he can come good in a position where he looks a hell of a lot more comfortable. And to say he didn't put any effort in the other night, is madness tbh. I want to see him given a run, but longer term the answer is probably Duff. Infact, the long term should be N'Zogbia. Duff should never have been bought.

And no, i wasn't there against Celta. But i have a TV set and i could tell from there.

I've been saying for ages how i want to see Luque playing on the left-wing for us, and i can't help but be encouraged by what i saw the other night. I knew he could cross well, and he did. They weren't good crosses, they were absolutely brilliant crosses - just begging to be put in the net. And had we have had more than one receiver in the box, if we had had Martins in there, we would have scored from those crosses.

I know you hate him Gemmill but i believe he can come good in a position where he looks a hell of a lot more comfortable. And to say he didn't put any effort in the other night, is madness tbh. I want to see him given a run, but longer term the answer is probably Duff. Infact, the long term should be N'Zogbia. Duff should never have been bought.

And no, i wasn't there against Celta. But i have a TV set and i could tell from there.

You THOUGHT he could, because you believed the hype. He has made maybe half a dozen decent crosses in his entire career for us.

Look at his EPL stats. He's been shite.

You THOUGHT he could, because you believed the hype. He has made maybe half a dozen decent crosses in his entire career for us.

Well you're true in some respects... only i remember the only other game he played out wide® for us, which turned out to be the game that he got injured, and he put in a couple of sublime crosses that day aswell, very early in the game.

Being totally honest, i just want to see Luque given a chance. That's all. I don't think that he doesn't put effort in - the only games he's played this season have been as a lone striker, which is hardly high-active. He put in an encouraging display against Celta Vigo, in the first half especially - finding space, making crosses, running at players, getting into goalscoring opportunities, etc - and deep down, i just think that he can come good.

He's not the best left-winger at the club at the moment, but he has the potential to be. The quality is there, there's no doubt about that.

Guest sunderlandsuck

luque, no contest, i've watched enough of him to know he is alot better than any other left winger on our team, possibly our best midfielder,although with parker and n'zogbia no where near last seasons form thats not hard.

luque-n'zogbia-parker-milner the midfield imo 

Being totally honest, i just want to see Luque given a chance. That's all. I don't think that he doesn't put effort in - the only games he's played this season have been as a lone striker, which is hardly high-active. He put in an encouraging display against Celta Vigo, in the first half especially - finding space, making crosses, running at players, getting into goalscoring opportunities, etc - and deep down, i just think that he can come good.

He's not the best left-winger at the club at the moment, but he has the potential to be. The quality is there, there's no doubt about that.

Impressive under the onslaught to see a post that doesn't sink down to the level of calling people mongs and cretins.  :thup:

Honestly, the way some seem to get worked up over others wishing to to at least see the manager aknowledge Luque as a possible alternative to a crippled Shola and a misfiring Duff during our bad run (and at least try to shake up a midfield and attack scoring sod all) is a touch bizarre. It's almost worth voting in these polls solely to see if Gemmill's head explodes with the frustration.  :lol: ;)

Well you're true in some respects... only i remember the only other game he played out wide® for us, which turned out to be the game that he got injured, and he put in a couple of sublime crosses that day aswell, very early in the game.

He got injured but he was appalling in that game!  It's the quickest ive ever thought "oops, we mayve made a mistake here"

He got injured but he was appalling in that game!  It's the quickest ive ever thought "oops, we mayve made a mistake here"

I have to agree here. I also thought, 'Oh, oh. This doesn't look good'.

Guest newcastle4life

Duff has been poor only picked him because he has had more games and Luque has hardly played if he did would be interesting.

I'm abstaining. Luque's barely played there, and never been brilliant when he has, apart from the fact that he does have the ability to whip in a brilliant cross.

I'm not voting for Duff, because he's fucking garbage. If he'd been some random from Spain signed for £5m given this many chances, he'd be getting run out of town by now.