Whos better on LW, Duff or Luque?

Guest stormrider
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

You THOUGHT he could, because you believed the hype. He has made maybe half a dozen decent crosses in his entire career for us.

Well you're true in some respects... only i remember the only other game he played out wide® for us, which turned out to be the game that he got injured, and he put in a couple of sublime crosses that day aswell, very early in the game.

He got injured but he was appalling in that game!  It's the quickest ive ever thought "oops, we mayve made a mistake here"

Owen and Shearer should have both scored goals against Fulham from Luque crosses, he put them on a plate and they both screwed up.

The question is who IS better not who will be better.

Luque has done more for the club so far in less games, goals and assists.  I can`t see why some people prefer a player who runs around and looks the part on the pitch ( Duff ) but has given us nothing over a player that has given us goals ( 1 even against the mackems) and an important assist and goal in europe.

If people are voting Duff because how good he HAS been then its fair to do the same with Luque. Its fair to say Duff has done **** all here so far in more minutes on the pitch than Luque.

How many league goals and assists has Luque got for us?

Duff has been a let down. But he's still proven himself more effective on the left wing than Luque.

Premiership

Player               Starts (Subs) Gls (Conc) Asst Yellow Red

Damien Duff           12     (0)     1                  0     1       0         1 goal in Twelve games, no assists.       

Albert Luque           0      (3)     0                  0     1       0          3 Sub apperances when losing.         

Uefa/ intertoto

Damien Duff           4      (1)       0                 0

Albert Luque          4      (2)       2                 1

The only thing Duff has proven is that he can run fast, not as fast as Dyer or Martins and has energy. The stats prove he is less effective than Luque.

The mong count is up to 37.  Is there no way you can track who voted for the useless Spanish **** and out them on this thread?  Some of them have been stupid enough to expose themselves - pissing myself laughing that on the basis of 3 good crosses and a corner the other night, Luque is now the assist king of NUFC. :lol:  Cretins.

Honestly I despair at how gaga people are going over this no-effort useless piece of shit.  You all want your heads read. 

No Luque is only half way there, you need 2 whole assists like Emre to be the assist king  :lol:

I will be honest with you Gemmill, i`m being unbiased here because I really couldn`t give a flying fuck. I`ve never met the man. I can see he doesn`t look the part and i`m gutted we stand to lose so much money on him. I joined this Luque debate well late into it. I`m more wishing him to do well not for me to be proven right but for the club. We need goals and the stats don`t lie.

In the last couple of games Roeder has let Luque play in he has been better than Duff. He has done what he should do in the positions played i.e. score goals, get crosses in and track back. Duff on the other hand has only been capable of the latter. blueconfused.gif**note well; Luque hasn't had a run to get some "form" :confused:, unlike other underperformers**

Had Luque not have slipped three or four times on thurs he would have had an outstanding game as he had the beating of his opponent on these occasions...

Still don't think he does as much as he could but even at 75% he is better than duff has been in his last couple of games.

Guest Gemmill

14 more mongs have voted since I last checked.  That makes 51 people on the board for whom this is their first season of watching football, and they have fallen in love with Luque's smile.  It's so sweet.

I'm abstaining. Luque's barely played there, and never been brilliant when he has, apart from the fact that he does have the ability to whip in a brilliant cross.

I'm not voting for Duff, because he's ****ing garbage. If he'd been some random from Spain signed for £5m given this many chances, he'd be getting run out of town by now.

Same for me.

Luque.

Both have looked impressive at their previous clubs, both been very poor since joining Newcastle. Duff has had a good run of games and shown no improvement whatsoever, Luque should now be given the same.

I'm curious to hear why that logic makes me a 'mong'.

14 more mongs have voted since I last checked. That makes 51 people on the board for whom this is their first season of watching football, and they have fallen in love with Luque's smile. It's so sweet.

Or maybe, just maybe, given the the fact that a hefty chunk of Newcastle supporters would like to see Luque play, you're actually wrong. Like i say Gemmill, i know you don't like him and i can understand why in some respects, but i honestly don't know how anyone can give Albert Luque a fair judgement - when he has never played to 90 minute matches on the bounce.

Aside from the fact Zoggy should be out-and-out first choice and should have been at the start of the season, I'd have to pick Duff.

My prime reason is that he can occasionally beat a man and not slip and fall over. Something Luque is getting good at. Are Castrol his boot sponsors?

Luque might play OK against sides in the UEFA Cup but he is lost in the league. He just does not have the attributes to cut it. He's the sort of player who wants time on the ball before he decides what to do. You don't get that sort of time in the PL. It's something Martins has had to get to grips with and has done so better than Luque.

So Duff for me, on account that he at least knows what to do, even though his application and end product have been pretty poor thus far.

It's something Martins has had to get to grips with and has done so better than Luque.

Just for arguements sake, If Luque were to get the run of games that a big summer signing such as Martins gets, do you not think as a player with a certain degree of skill he could at some level start to adapt?

I'm only asking purely hypothetically, as he has not started a single game in the league this season under the new manager, nevermind being given a run of games to build up his confidence and fitness. Roeder has stated in the last week or so that he has been professional in training and one assumes that means working hard, and his attitude in interviews has until very recently been a frustration at not getting the games to bring him into the swing of things, being able to show his worth to the team and supporters, or indeed to his national coach. But while it is easy to dismiss him on past efforts, I'm willing to accept he can change games with a good ball or a goal and in his own way he has shown effort, even tracking back substantially more effectively than say Robert might have done in the past.

Now that, Dyer and Martins, and hopfully the Zog are pushing on then hopefully we don't need him, but can you understand the remarkably vitriolic utterings from people who could not accept him as an option when we were stuck in the slump? That's what gets me. The fact that some folks cannot even contemplate him as an option, much the same way Viana, Bellamy, and Robert were scapegoated even when it was clear that at times we could have used them to far better effect rather than getting all emotional about it.

Duff has also shown that he can be a top player. As a Roeder signing Im sure he will be given time to get back into the groove (hopefully not to the detriment of N'Zogbia), and while it may be overly hopeful, for me it has seemed a bit of a waste for Luque not to have been given a similar opportunity.

Can we extend the poll choices to:

Duff, and I go to the games

Luque, and I go to the games

Duff, and I don't go to the games

Luque, and I don't go to the games

I rather suspect that option 4 would be getting some hammer by the mongs who think Luque is the best thing since sliced bread despite him never having had a good game for NUFC.

I propose adding another option specifically for Gemmill so he won't feel left out:

Duff because I am xenophobic and daft enough to think that Rep Ireland is part of Britain  bluebigrazz.gif

I'm abstaining. Luque's barely played there, and never been brilliant when he has, apart from the fact that he does have the ability to whip in a brilliant cross.

I'm not voting for Duff, because he's fucking garbage. If he'd been some random from Spain signed for £5m given this many chances, he'd be getting run out of town by now.

"Post of the thread" :thup:

That's exactly what I should have done - I'm very much with Gemmill's opinions on Luque, but fuck me Duff has been astonishingly woeful! Doesn't help that the Zog has been so poor this season too...

Ironic really, on paper the strongest position we have is left wing. Too bad football isn't played on paper...