Olivier Bernard lays into Souness

Leazes1986

Guest GAMMELL

The majority of us knew damn fucking well Souness would be an epic failure.

Michael Owen is your typical "goal getter"  :angry: I used to hate this shit he spouted man, goal getter!!  :harry: sounded like a bleedin' 10 year old.

and to think some people here were backing souness over him, regarding his contract. :facepalm:

He was a superb left back, imo. Had pretty much everything defensively, apart from positioning :lol:, and was quality going forward.

Scored a good goal against Blackburn as well, btw. :thup:

Incompetent Souness! He's a f***ing idiot, and Bernard confirms what we all have known for years. It's incredible that this club  managed to appoint Souness, Kinnear and Gullitt..Who was the worst for them?

Guest elbee909

Incompetent Souness! He's a f***ing idiot, and Bernard confirms what we all have known for years. It's incredible that this club  managed to appoint Souness, Kinnear and Gullitt..Who was the worst for them?

Souness.

Guest Howaythetoon

His performance at the San Siro stands as the best left-back display I've ever seen from a Toon player and indeed one of the best performances full stop. A genuine 10 out of 10 effort. He wasn't the best defensively but he could defend. His strengths were attacking, he and Robert were unstopable at times.

Guest Chubby Jason

We're all big boys here.

mentally and physically, eh? :pow:

Oh yes. That was my favorite Souness-ism though he used to go on about how his squad were "big boys" and how he was a "big boy" after Bellamy called him a "fucking prick" when he took him off that time.

Amdy Faye was 'a proper player'.

I remember everyone lauding his arrival after his first game (v Cov in the Cup?) I remember folk treating him as Tiotes granda such was his performance against a team we could have beat with 9 men. Wasn't long before we realised he was utter fucking shite.

actually Amdy Faye was amongst the least of problems that Souness hoisted on us. Remember him having a good game when we beat Arsenal. Getting rid of Robert was the lowest point for me, it was painful to see how he would treat Robert and criticize him after he had a fantastic game. Getting rid of Bernard was probably a close second, at least it did not drag out as much. Souness was a one man demolition tractor and I hate that cunt until today

Guest firetotheworks

Bellamy for me. Getting rid of him got rid of the focal driving point of our team. He could have got rid of Shearer and it would have had less of an impact than getting rid of Bellamy. Prick that he is, or not.

Guest Chubby Jason

actually Amdy Faye was amongst the least of problems that Souness hoisted on us. Remember him having a good game when we beat Arsenal. Getting rid of Robert was the lowest point for me, it was painful to see how he would treat Robert and criticize him after he had a fantastic game. Getting rid of Bernard was probably a close second, at least it did not drag out as much. Souness was a one man demolition tractor and I hate that c*** until today

Bernard? You've just read that he was fucked from the point he left us. Sounds like we got rid of him at the right time. Robert also went on a downward spiral after he left.

His performance at the San Siro stands as the best left-back display I've ever seen from a Toon player and indeed one of the best performances full stop. A genuine 10 out of 10 effort. He wasn't the best defensively but he could defend. His strengths were attacking, he and Robert were unstopable at times.

This. :thup:

I agree with his post but one thing I  dont agree with it it he should have signed that contract right there. He was only 22 and at 22 he can't think of other option than play for a top 5 team at the time. Sourness is mean but Ollie was wrong to think other wise and not sign that contract there....

Graeme Souness came and he had completely different views. He killed the momentum and the team. He sat me down in our first meeting, said this is the contract, sign it now or you’re out.

“He said ‘I’ve got another player to come anyway, I don’t think you’re that good’. That player was Celestine Babayaro. I was really upset.

Read More http://www.journallive.co.uk/nufc/newcastle-united-news/2011/03/11/olivier-bernard-s-career-ending-injury-tale-61634-28316640/#ixzz1GJRxA7yC

That one quote sums Souness up. If it wasn't his player he felt the need to prove he could go out and buy better. Enjoyed reading the article though, it brought back some good memories.